Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The Perfect Gamers Storm Coming....

K&AJones
07-23-11, 09:49 AM
Hello All

I was going thru the list of games coming down later this year so to finalize my choices and I just shook my head looking at the list of games heading our way. It's literally "The Perfect Storm of Games" that'll be hard pressed to ever be seen again in such a small time frame.

Starting out of the gate for August...

Deus Ex: Human
Madden 12
Madden 12 HoF
LOTR: The War in the North

September it picks up big time...

Gears 3
Dead Island
Reistance 3
Warhammer 40,000
NHL 12

October and all He## break lose...

Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham City
Rage
Dark Souls
Forza 4
Twisted Metal
NBA 2K 12

November comes and the storm is not letting down...

COD: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Halo: Combat Envolved
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Saints Row the Third
Uncharted 3

...and imagine Mass Effect 3 and TC: Ghost Recon Future Soldier could've been in the mix. One heck of a list there and one we should all be looking for.

fumanstan
07-23-11, 10:03 AM
For me, I'm on track to get Deus Ex, Gears, and Arkham City. Battlefield 3 I'll probably nab to play with folks at work, and Rage will depend on reviews. I get a discount on Activision games, so MW3 will also be a buy.

I haven't been playing much in terms of games lately, so even this is a good amount for me.

cruzness
07-23-11, 10:09 AM
And to top things off in December we have this to look forward to Star Wars Kinect Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Limited-Kinect-Star-Bundle/dp/B0050SY300/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b) this makes me jealous.

foxdvd
07-23-11, 10:35 AM
I finally did a preorder with newegg...they have Halo Anniversary for 29.99 and free shipping with the code EMCYTZT622...(sorry this was for the deals thread...oops just to make it on topic...yeah great games coming!!!)

Decker
07-23-11, 11:10 AM
And don't forget the PS Vita coming out in 4Q 2011 as well.

Michael Corvin
07-23-11, 11:26 AM
More like a light drizzle than a storm. ;) Out of everything listed I'm down for Halo. Uncharted is always awesome, but ultimately rentals.

No love for Skyward Sword? I'm passing but a new Zelda is always a big deal.

Liver&Onions
07-23-11, 11:50 AM
Barely a sprinkle imo. Batman and Uncharted are the only must haves.

Michael Corvin
07-23-11, 12:05 PM
Great gaming months ever!

edstein
07-23-11, 12:10 PM
Plus the buy 2 get one free deal at TRU in October will make a few of those games free for me.

discostu1337
07-23-11, 12:17 PM
October and all He## break lose...

Battlefield 3
Rage
Dark Souls
Forza 4
Twisted Metal
NBA 2K 12

Twisted Metal is coming out next year. Saved you $60 :)

discostu1337
07-23-11, 12:19 PM
Back on topic, I already have my 4 games paid for:

Battlefield 3
Batman
Gears 3
Saint's Row 3

I'll play some of the others for sure, but not buy them. I also already beat two of the games on that list so no need to play them again later this year :)

dtcarson
07-23-11, 12:32 PM
Mine's just a bit of turbulence.

Saints Row Third (only played 2, but it was so crazy, and Third is supposed to be even more so)
Rage
Dead Island (possibly)
*maybe* Skyrim - although it's a successor to Oblivion, Oblivion had issues for me, I much preferred Fallout 3.

Which is good, I need to time to work on my backlog, and there are few titles that have come out in the past 2-4 months that I'd like to pick up once I have the free space and the price drops a bit.

Quake1028
07-23-11, 12:54 PM
This is all for me:

Battlefield 3 PC
Batman: Arkham City PC
NBA 2K12 ($20 on PC)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PC
The Old Republic CE

That's still $350 though :(.

K&AJones
07-23-11, 01:01 PM
This is all for me:

Battlefield 3 PC
Batman: Arkham City PC
NBA 2K12 ($20 on PC)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim PC
The Old Republic CE

That's still $350 though :(.

Sorry to intrude but notice you have "RIP Mary". Without opening old wounds could you say who?

Osiris3657
07-23-11, 01:53 PM
The only one I've pre-ordered is Rage and I'll probably buy MW3 on release day. There are other games among those I'll buy a couple months after release like NBA 2K12, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed Revelations.
I'll wait for reviews for the following: Dead Island, Battlefield 3, and Batman: Arkham City...those will likely be rentals.

lopper
07-23-11, 02:46 PM
There's maybe one game in August and September that I feel like I have to get. October and November are another story, although Dark Souls is the only one I've preordered and the only one I'm really anticipating.

Supermallet
07-23-11, 03:34 PM
Deus Ex, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3 for me.

Quake1028
07-23-11, 03:47 PM
Sorry to intrude but notice you have "RIP Mary". Without opening old wounds could you say who?

My older sister.

Deftones
07-23-11, 04:16 PM
Batman, Gears 3, COD, Uncharted for sure. Maybe Dead Island, depending on reviews. FWIW, people who are going to pick up a bunch of these games, may want to check out Best Buy. They have a deal where if you preorder 5 games from a list of about 15 or so (many of the ones listed in the 1st post are on there) you'll get $100 back in reward zone certs. You have to buy all 5 and won't get the credit until the 5th is purchased. And you have to pick up the game w/in 5 days of it's release. Here's the link and a list of the titles: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f80038da9

All titles (excludes all PC versions):

NCAA Football 12
Madden NFL 12
Resistance 3
Gears of War 3
FIFA 12
Rage
Just Dance 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza Motorsport 4
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Saint's Row: The Third

Also, isn't Zelda Skyward Sword coming out this Christmas?

Maxflier
07-23-11, 04:30 PM
Fifa 12, NBA 2K12 and Batman:Arkham City are the oned I am excited about.

MoviePage
07-23-11, 04:49 PM
Skyrim is the only true day-one must-buy on the list for me. Everything else can and will be put on hold once that's released. Arkham City is the only other title that comes close to a definite purchase.

I have high hopes for Dead Island and Rage, but I won't be surprised if those turn out to be less than stellar.

K&AJones
07-23-11, 05:47 PM
My older sister.

Well sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a close member of the family especially way before their time.

musick
07-23-11, 07:54 PM
Uncharted 3 is the only must have on that list for me
pretty boring list

PopcornTreeCt
07-23-11, 08:56 PM
It's not Christmas without a new COD game! The only thing different this year is Saints Row The Third. Wish Mass Effect 3 was coming out or another Fallout game or GTA 5... but I guess it's solid.

TheBigDave
07-23-11, 10:06 PM
I've already got Gears Of War 3, Battlefield 3 and COD MW3 pre-ordered.

I'll buy Batman: Arkham City and Uncharted 3 after a price drop.

I'll consider buying Deux Ex: Human, Dead Island, Rage and Twisted Metal after a price drop AND positive reviews.

I might eventually buy Resistance 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Saints Row 3 if I ever get around to playing the previous games in the series.

I'll pass on the rest.

MrX
07-24-11, 12:23 AM
First day purchases
NHL 12
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

Will wait for reviews on Rage, LOTR: War in the North

Gears 3, AC: Revelations, and MW3 will be price drop purchases

Osiris3657
07-24-11, 04:16 AM
Hey Buzz you forgot to list Resident Evil: Racoon City :)

K&AJones
07-24-11, 08:00 AM
Hey Buzz you forgot to list Resident Evil: Racoon City :)

Yea...I didn't put it in since it's showing "for now" the very last day of the year which is a weird release date considering it's a Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised it's a Jan or even a Feb release. But I'm actually interested in it.

cruzness
07-24-11, 08:48 AM
MW3, Battlefield 3 are day one releases for me.

Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Saints Row 3 will be price drop pickups

Skyrim will be a post Christmas buy - as it will suck up an incredible amount of time.

Deus Ex, Dead Island and Rage will be Gamefly rentals

maxfisher
07-24-11, 10:32 AM
Gears 3, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, AC:Revelations, Skyrim and Uncharted 3 will all be day one purchases. Deus Ex, LOTR, Dead Island and Saints Row 3 also have my interest, but I'll hold off on them. I'm doing the Best Buy deal and figure by the time I get the $100 in rewards, a couple of those latter ones will be on sale frequently enough to pick up 3 of them for little out of pocket.

davidh777
07-25-11, 11:10 AM
Uncharted 3 is day 1 for me. Arkham I'll probably get on price drop since that's how I played the original. Halo and LOTR probably later at some point.

Passing on my sympathies to Quake as well.

Larry C.
07-25-11, 11:57 AM
Are there any really good smash and hacks ie GoW3 coming out for the 360 soon?

Raul3
07-27-11, 05:09 PM
I'm not getting Madden, so I'm fine in August. September, I already have preordered the Epic Edition of Gears 3, that's already sold out. I will probably wait for a price cut on Dead Island, unless the reviews are really great, but I doubt that.

October just Batman for sure, from that list. I'm getting FIFA 12, of course. I'll keep an eye on Rage and probably Twisted Metal.

November looks scary for me. Getting MW3, AC:R, Halo and Uncharted 3 for sure.

murray731
07-27-11, 05:59 PM
The only thing for sure for me right now is Battlefield. Uncharted and Batman are borderline. I can honestly wait on the rest.

Michael Corvin
07-27-11, 06:05 PM
Did I miss something about Dead Island or is everyone still living off that launch trailer buzz?

I finally started Dead Rising 2 this week. Actually finished the main game last night. It's so good I might be down for DR2: Off the Record this fall. Assuming I'm not burnt out by then.

miller_time22
07-28-11, 09:26 AM
Did I miss something about Dead Island or is everyone still living off that launch trailer buzz?

I finally started Dead Rising 2 this week. Actually finished the main game last night. It's so good I might be down for DR2: Off the Record this fall. Assuming I'm not burnt out by then.

I knocked out Dead Rising 2 a few weeks back myself and quite enjoyed it. Seriously thinking about picking up Off the Record in Oct. since it's $39.99.

Nausicaa
07-28-11, 10:59 AM
I will be picking up Deus Ex (assuming good reviews), possibly AC:R, and DEFINITELY both Battlefield 3 and Skyrim. Those are definitely my most highly anticipated titles.

spainlinx0
07-28-11, 11:07 AM
Day 1 Purchase:
Battlefield 3
MW3
Saint's Row 3
Skyrim

Play Eventually for Cheap/Depending On Reviews:
Deus Ex
Dead Island
Rage
Twisted Metal

I had so much fun with Saint's Row 2 that I'm not going to even wait for the Platinum Hits version even though I don't care about multiplayer. Same thing with Oblivion. I picked both of these originals up cheap, but I will be there day one for these sequels. They gave me so much play time that I don't care about paying more.

spainlinx0
07-28-11, 11:31 AM
Oh, also definitely the new Zelda game is a day one purchase. I may have to reconnect my Wii for that one.

sven
07-28-11, 11:31 AM
Just MW3 for me.

K&AJones
07-28-11, 12:59 PM
Are there any really good smash and hacks ie GoW3 coming out for the 360 soon?

Lik you I ws looking for something "pre-GOW3" but it looks like I'll have to wait till Sept with Dead island. I did ask about Batman:AA after playing the demo so I ordered it to keep me busy for August. I still have 'Splinter Cell" in the wings to.

I'm actually pumped a bit for Dead Island. There are four of us getting it for sure. We all played coop in both L4D games and this looks even better.

Rival11
08-01-11, 09:03 AM
Saints Row TT is the only game I will definitely be buying in the months to come......I will only buy Battlefield 3 and MW3 if I hear great things......If I hear any "more of the same" I will not be coming back for more.....Black Ops at this point is where it all ends for me.

mattysemo247
08-01-11, 09:49 AM
Batman, Gears 3, COD, Uncharted for sure. Maybe Dead Island, depending on reviews. FWIW, people who are going to pick up a bunch of these games, may want to check out Best Buy. They have a deal where if you preorder 5 games from a list of about 15 or so (many of the ones listed in the 1st post are on there) you'll get $100 back in reward zone certs. You have to buy all 5 and won't get the credit until the 5th is purchased. And you have to pick up the game w/in 5 days of it's release. Here's the link and a list of the titles: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f80038da9

Also, isn't Zelda Skyward Sword coming out this Christmas?

Does anyone know if the BB deal stacks if they offer gift cards too? I know GOW3 has a $20 gift card offer right now if you preorder it and I'm sure some of those major releases will have some in the near future as well.

orangecrush
08-01-11, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know if the BB deal stacks if they offer gift cards too? I know GOW3 has a $20 gift card offer right now if you preorder it and I'm sure some of those major releases will have some in the near future as well.Good question. Have you looked at the thread in CAG yet? It is just shy of 3000 posts, so you should be able to find an answer quickly ;) I imagine that if it doesn't stack but is supposed to, it would be a pretty big headache to get them to honor it.