Old 07-22-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Haven -- "Fear and Loathing" -- 7/22/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The residents of Haven have their worst fears come to life while Nathan's "trouble" seems to vanish.

Episode 2 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DSKV0ZI0o6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-22-11, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Haven -- "Fear and Loathing" -- 7/22/11

I think this show has hit its stride.

Really liked the scenes where Nathan took away the girl's affliction & took back his, and then Audrey holding his hand at the end. I wonder what delusion he saw when he first looked at the girl; he looked scared shitless.

The relationship of the two newspaper guys is getting interesting, what with one guy lying to the other. That guy also was the one who didn't want to clue in Audrey to "the truth" in the season 1 finale.
Old 07-25-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Haven -- "Fear and Loathing" -- 7/22/11

This was a really terrific episode. I agree the show has really hit it's stride at being a compelling serial as well as weekly science fiction procedural.

From what I got out of this episode, blonde Audrey is not the real FBI agent and has the memories of the real/brunette Audrey implanted in her. And I assume black Agent Howard is fake. I kind of like brunette Audrey as a recurring character on this show and working with Nathan and Audrey. I'm looking forward to seeing how this storyline develops.

And for those of you who think Lucas Bryant's acting is stiff. I think that's part of the Nathan character. Nathan doesn't feel any pain/emotion from his affliction and I think his stiffness or emotionless persona is part of the character.