Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone watch TruTV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-11, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone watch TruTV?

What a bizarre channel it has become. It's like they copy the History Channel shows and fill them with trashy, mouthy people. They're not even subtle.
Pawn Stars becomes Hardcore Pawn. Storage Wars is Storage Hunters. It's like watching an alternate world.
I'll say that Hardcore Pawn is at least entertaining. Storage Hunters is a jaw-dropping train wreck. All Worked Up, which features people getting served, comes across as phony baloney. I think it may be reenactments of actual events but it is so over the top in its acting it's unwatchable.
Old 07-20-11, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone watch TruTV?

Originally Posted by Pizza
What a bizarre channel it has become. It's like they copy the History Channel shows and fill them with trashy, mouthy people. They're not even subtle.
Pawn Stars becomes Hardcore Pawn. Storage Wars is Storage Hunters. It's like watching an alternate world.
I'll say that Hardcore Pawn is at least entertaining. Storage Hunters is a jaw-dropping train wreck. All Worked Up, which features people getting served, comes across as phony baloney. I think it may be reenactments of actual events but it is so over the top it's unwatchable.
Totally agree... at 2:59 pm you could be watching a trial about a murdered 3 yr old and at 3:00 you're watching some ridiculous trashy reality show.
Old 07-20-11, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Outside of 5 days in March, no.
Old 07-20-11, 08:20 AM
ATX

what's tru.tv motto now

something like "Not Reality, Actually"

what happened to the days when "reality shows" at least *tried* to appear real

don't get me started on Hardcore Pawn, i been in pawn shops a few times and i never recalled an abundance a crazy black people going in demanding money and starting fights... just saying

the storage show, well yeah when i attend auctions, Sugarbear is usually there to run up the price and i get in a fight with a storage rival . i usually win, last week i got a Sony CineAlta HD camera and a igloo cooler full of rare collectables. this great find was in a $40/mo 5x10 unit

yessir!
Old 07-20-11, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the fact its called TruTV but its the fakest of the lot.
Old 07-20-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
I'll say that Hardcore Pawn is at least entertaining. Storage Hunters is a jaw-dropping train wreck. All Worked Up, which features people getting served, comes across as phony baloney. I think it may be reenactments of actual events but it is so over the top in its acting it's unwatchable.
I like the 'Most shocking' 'Dumbest criminal' style programs. Other than that I think the only show I watched was the Hard Rock one.
Old 07-20-11, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Outside of 5 days in March, no.
What this guy said.
Old 07-20-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Hardcore Pawn is the most entertaining show on the network. And remember, this shop is located in the "heart of Detroit" where the economy is awful and the people are, well, colorful (?)....
Old 07-20-11, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I just watch Hardcore Pawn and that Storage show. They killed off all the "good" CourtTV shows except Forensic Files. Everything is is super fake and reenacted.
Old 07-20-11, 02:27 PM

I do watch Forensic Files pretty regularly, which is certainly not a trashy reality show. I've never watched any of the other shows mentioned in this thread and don't imagine I ever will.
Old 07-20-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't really see the appeal of Pawn Stars anyway. It's basically just Antiques Roadshow. People wanting to see how much their stuff is worth.
Old 07-20-11, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I hate TruTV.

But I do love Forensic Files. It boggles my mind that such a fantastic show can be on a shitty channel.
Old 07-20-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watch (or did when I had TV) some of the shows that have actual footage, like the "World's Dumbest Blank" and "Las Vegas Jailhouse", or the serious crime examinations like "Forensic Files"...but instantly turn away from any of that re-enacted or staged bullshit like "Repo something-or-other", and "Hardcore Pawn".
Old 07-20-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like Smoking Gun World's Dumbest _________ and I can watch Bait Car all day long.
Old 07-21-11, 09:27 AM
ATX

somehow i found myself watching "South Beach Tow" yesterday,

things just gets worst, even more fake and rediculous than the others

i admit though i laughed a few times at the rediculousness of it, just a bunch of comedy sketches
Old 07-21-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i do watch tv and its not a game its on tru tv...it filled my void of for trash since richard bey got cancelled then years later vh1 cleaned up the trashy dating show.

all worked up sucks but the lizard lick guys are just so stupid its fun to watch same reason i watch southern fried stings.
i do like the wrestling secruity footage on all worked up tho i can see that being actual footage from my experience at wrestling events.

but like someone stated i can watch bait car all day long
Old 07-22-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the trials on during the day, but at 3pm, off it goes.