Old 07-18-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Eureka -- "Reprise" -- 7/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A rocket scientist arrives at Café Diem; a song prompts Fargo to display some fighting moves; Carter is tasked with minding Allison's kids while she leaves town for a medical conference.

Episode 12 of 20

Promo:

<object width="400" height="400" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1340340"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1340340" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Special Guest Star: Felicia Day. Apparently she has a multi-episode arc.
Old 07-18-11, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eureka -- "Reprise" -- 7/18/11

This will be the first episode of the series that I will have seen. I am tuning in solely for Felicia Day and if I like the show I will go back to episode one
Old 07-18-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk God

From Felicia Day's Blog:

Due to the delayed release schedule for Eureka season 4.5, the episodes I filmed last August are releasing starting next Monday night on SyFy! I will be in 7 out of 10 of this season’s episodes, and MORE for the next. VERY excited they’re finally releasing!

I want to just say a few words about this character: SHE ROCKS! Not only is Holly Martin smart and upbeat and quirky and a scientist, but she was created specially for me by the producers, Amy Berg and showrunner Jamie Paglia. That’s right, no Hollywood agents got me the audition, no crying in the car after reading badly because of nerves, no weird-angled headshot preventing me from getting in the door in the first place, etc. My getting this job was simple equation: Hard work on the web = they created a role for me on their show. It’s an actor’s dream, seriously.

I love what I do with The Guild and my other web projects, but the fact that I took big risks, left the world of full-time acting to do what I loved, left a lot of mainstream people going “huh?!” when I tried to describe it to them. The fact that it directly paid off, is just so amazing to me, because sometimes you feel like luck drives EVERYTHING in this business. But truly, hard work enabled me to work with people I love and perform a role I’m PERFECT for and…well, it’s been a really good year. So I really hope you enjoy, let@syfy know if you like my character, program your Tivos or DVRs for next Monday, or stream on Hulu later if you don’t have cable (and no, I don’t know when it will be on in UK or Canada ) and…yeah. Thanks for watching.
Old 07-19-11, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So wait... was that woman at the end the therapist from the 1st season who has managed to pull off two capers and escape both scott-free?
Old 07-19-11, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And where is Taggart?
Old 07-19-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
So wait... was that woman at the end the therapist from the 1st season who has managed to pull off two capers and escape both scott-free?
Yeah that was her. This could be interesting.
Old 07-20-11, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Fargo acting out "Eye of the Tiger" was hilarious.

I loved this episode. It was really quirky and creative. I felt really bad for Jo when Zane burned down her house since it was the 2nd time it was destroyed.

I admit I'm not too familiar with Felicia Day, but I see why Internet geeks like her. I read her bio and she's a total Internet/video game/science fiction geek and she's kind of cute too. Holly Martin was a little too overly quirky, but I kind of liked her.

at Kevin stealing Carter's car twice.
Old 07-20-11, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Didn't she appear earlier this season in 4.0? She came to Eureka and was formulating some plan and I think she spoke to Dr. Grant as well.

That was very interesting to see the whole accident scene was all part of Allison's imagination.
Old 07-20-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really good episode. I kept asking the whole episode what was happening with Allison, how it was related to the plot.

I also asked my wife about the therapist during the episode "whatever happened to that conspiracy from a external company or something, the therapist, etc. ?"
Old 07-20-11, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Really good episode. I kept asking the whole episode what was happening with Allison, how it was related to the plot.
Me too. I kept thinking "this is really random". But when they did the quick replay at the end to show what really happened, I was like, [Neo]Whoa![/Neo]
Old 07-20-11, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good episode. I'm not real huge on Felicia Day, but I liked her character. It was pretty funny to see Fargo hating her so much.