Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection 10/18/11

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Set sail with Captain Jack Sparrow for more adventures than ever before with this Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection. Inside you'll find an authentic replica Pirate's Chest, a collectible map and an iconic skull disc case that holds the Blu-ray discs and digital copies of all four Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the Blu-ray 3D disc and DVD of On Stranger Tides. It's a fortune in gold worthy of any swashbuckler - alive or dead.
Old 07-15-11, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection 10/18/11

Cool, more oversized crap.
Old 07-15-11, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I'm not really into these movies but I've always wondered why anyone would bother buying a set like this knowing that there are likely more entries to the series coming. Isn't the new Pirates movie supposed to be the start of a second trilogy? Same thing applies to say Harry Potter, I saw the box set at Walmart the other night for Years 1-6. I guess I don't see why people wouldn't either wait or buy them individually instead of being stuck with a box that's only partially complete. It'd be different if they kept the box big enough so that you could put later entries in but most aren't.
Old 07-15-11, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I'm not really into these movies but I've always wondered why anyone would bother buying a set like this knowing that there are likely more entries to the series coming. Isn't the new Pirates movie supposed to be the start of a second trilogy? Same thing applies to say Harry Potter, I saw the box set at Walmart the other night for Years 1-6. I guess I don't see why people wouldn't either wait or buy them individually instead of being stuck with a box that's only partially complete. It'd be different if they kept the box big enough so that you could put later entries in but most aren't.
I've wondered that too, but then I there's always somebody on some forum like saying something like they only want Star Wars (A New Hope) and The Empire Strikes Back, so I guess there's some demand. Still doesn't seem like enough for a mass produced product like this though...

As for Pirates, am I the only one that will probably settle for a plain DVD version since I haven't upgraded the first three (and don't really plan on it either) ?
Old 07-15-11, 02:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm happy that I bought the recent Blu-Ray original trilogy set with Best Buy's exclusive packaging.

I liked that packaging and this this new chest one sucks. Plus, the 4th movie was really disappointing and doesn't need to mess up a perfectly enjoyable trilogy.
Old 10-18-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Saw the chest in-store today. It is not cardboard as someone speculated in another thread. Pushing on it through the packaging, it felt like it is plastic. It does look pretty nice in person.