Old 07-11-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Warehouse 13 -- Season Premiere -- "The New Guy" -- 7/11/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-07-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Warehouse 13, Syfy’s most successful series ever, returns for a third season with a key question looming from the gripping season two finale: has Myka (Joanne Kelly) left the Warehouse for good? Joining the Warehouse team is Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore, Smallville), an ATF agent with an innate ability to detect when someone’s lying.

13 episode 3rd season

Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen on Smallville) is joining the cast as a series regular.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VaieiEzQPj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-11-11, 05:10 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 -- Season Premiere -- "The New Guy" -- 7/11/11

this show is a guilty pleasure of mine
Old 07-11-11, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished up rewatching season two this weekend. Show is a lot of fun. Glad its back for another season.
Old 07-12-11, 10:58 AM

So the FBI agent becomes the new antagonist since HG is locked down. That would appear to only work if they were going to stay around Denver. If she starts appearing in other areas won't they catch on that she's not who she claims to be? Also, any speculation as to who was in the shadows?
Old 07-12-11, 08:47 PM

Why was Claudia wearing jewelry on the outside of her gloves? You don't put your rings on when wearing gloves. For one thing, they won't fit.
Old 07-12-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myka with the straightened hair is an upgrade. I liked her curly top, but this was a nice change.
Old 07-12-11, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Myka's new straightened hair.

I liked the introduction of Steve Jinks. Warehouse 13 is alot more light hearted than most science fiction shows and his character fits the tone of the show.

at Artie's abbreviated tour of the Warehouse for Jinks.

Nice little appearance by Jaime Murray at the end. Was not expecting to see HG on the show again. I did read that SyFy is developing an HG Wells prequel series starring Murray.

I hope the show doesn't get too cluttered now that Myka and Pete are working with Jinks on the cases of the week.
Old 07-13-11, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by barelypure
So the FBI agent becomes the new antagonist since HG is locked down. That would appear to only work if they were going to stay around Denver. If she starts appearing in other areas won't they catch on that she's not who she claims to be??
As you said, she's FBI. It's not like an FBI agent is limited to just Denver. At least on tv, they go where the investigation takes them.
Old 07-13-11, 05:03 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by barelypure
Also, any speculation as to who was in the shadows?
I don't know why, but the hair gave me a young Artie vibe. Gonna go out on a limb and say it's going to be a never previously mentioned Artie's estranged son who's eeeeevil.

I'm probably going to be so wrong from just one glimpse, but I'll throw that out there :P
Old 07-13-11, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
As you said, she's FBI. It's not like an FBI agent is limited to just Denver. At least on tv, they go where the investigation takes them.
True, but in barelypure's defense she did make that stupid "if I hear about you returning to Denver, I'll have you shot in the airport" remark to Pete which makes no sense unless she was limited to Denver.

I love the addition of Aaron Ashmore (though I also question how they're going to integrate all 3). I thought it odd that Jinks (jinx? "I'm not partnering with a guy named JINX!") wasn't even given any instruction on the Tesla or containment bags or communicator etc. I do like the even more stylized animations that lead to commercial breaks this season though!

From the spoiler - "Syfy’s most successful series ever..." Really? Even more so that Battlestar Galactica? Hmm... Who knew?