Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Metallica "And Justice For All" Limited Edition Green Vinyl

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Anyone a member of the Metallica club who bought this? Wish I had gotten this news earlier.

It is sold out everywhere and you have to pay $150+ at that place that starts with a E and ends with Y.

Worth buying?

METALLICA's 1988 album "...And Justice for All" will available on green vinyl this Thursday, June 23 from 1 p.m. PT. Only 1,000 of these sets were pressed. 500 copies will be sold to members of The Metallica Club at Metallica.com (make sure you log in before heading over to the store) and 500 copies will be sold to the public at BecauseSoundMatters.com. This deluxe limited edition green vinyl release of the album comes as a four-LP, 45 rpm, 180-gram, high-performance vinyl box set.

METALLICA's fourth album, "…And Justice for All", was originally released on August 25, 1988 through Elektra Records. It was the band's first studio LP to feature Jason Newsted, who replaced the group's former bassist Cliff Burton. The album's dark subject material, featuring references to nuclear apocalypse, injustice in the law system, limited freedom, war, insanity and hate, was accompanied by what were the most complex song structures in METALLICA's discography at the time of the LP's release. The album is also noted for its near lack of bass guitar and dry production and therefore has been called a "slightly flawed masterpiece and the pinnacle of METALLICA's progressive years" by AllMusic.com's reviewer.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=159662

Old 07-02-11, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Metallica "And Justice For All" Limited Edition Green Vinyl

I'm not an audiophile, or a vinyl collector, so I'll stick with a $10 CD.
Old 07-02-11, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Maybe if they remixed it so you can actually hear the bass and the whole thing doesn't sound tinny and hollow it would be worth $150.
Old 07-02-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Maybe if they remixed it so you can actually hear the bass and the whole thing doesn't sound tinny and hollow it would be worth $150.
Someone did do that. It's titled "And Justice for Jason". I heard some of it and while it's interesting to listen to, I think they over-did the bass and overwhelmed the tracks.
Old 07-05-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't think it was remixed. Someone actually played Newsted's bass parts and mixed them in.
Old 07-05-11, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Phodg
I don't think it was remixed. Someone actually played Newsted's bass parts and mixed them in.
I've heard it, too, and that's what it sounds like to me as well. It's rather clumsy (at least the one I heard... there could be more than that for all I know) but it did help to beef up the sound.