Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Warehouse Deals...electronics?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-25-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

hello

I'm thinking of buying some HT stuff from Amazon Warehouse Deals but have questions. I've bought "scratch & dent' from Crutchfield with zero problems. I've bought "open box" at Best Buy with no issues and even from Dell Outlet store.

However I cannot get a better description of the item except it'll say..."Used-Like New"...then list an available warranty by Square. In the FAQ it does mention "Like New" doesn't meet their packaging guidlines or something like tha. It's not saying box damage, cosmetic flaw or what. I probably trust Amazon far more than buying it local, without a box on some discount table. But just curious if anyone has bought..."Used-Like New" electronics like bigger items?

Kenny J
Old 06-26-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: Amazon Warehouse Deals...electronics?

I just bought a 32" LG monitor two months ago. Condition said Used, Acceptable.

After getting it, the box looked like SHIT, but the monitor was perfect. Still had the stickers around the bezel and the accessories were still in bags.
Old 06-27-11, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

I bought a Used Like New Denon receiver from Amazon Warehouse, and it may as well have been brand new never opened.
Old 06-28-11, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a "Like New" Samsung 37 inch TV from them a few months back. It had an inch crack on the black outter frame, but it didn't really bother me so I kept it and the price was killer. Should have been listed as "Acceptable" or "Good" condition though.

I also bought a bunch of video games from them in the past and most came still sealed.
Old 06-28-11, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts

Well I ended up getting a deal to good to pass up thru OneCall on a 2011 Yamaha model listed as "Used-Like New"...open box, new with manuals". This is the first time dealing with OneCall but they have an insane 100% customer satisfaction. I ordered it on Saturday (they're closed Sat & Sun) and they shot me a email Monday afternoon saying it shipped. I'll post as to the condition
Old 02-01-18, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't think this was worth making a whole new thread for, but still figured it was worth pointing out. It looks like Amazon refreshed their Warehouse Deals section. They also removed the user rating, which I think is the real shady part here. The last time I remember seeing it, they were rated in the low 70's with about three million ratings. So I guess they decided that since they are part of Amazon, they get to choose to forgo the user rating systems now?
Old 02-02-18, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I didn't think this was worth making a whole new thread for, but still figured it was worth pointing out. It looks like Amazon refreshed their Warehouse Deals section. They also removed the user rating, which I think is the real shady part here. The last time I remember seeing it, they were rated in the low 70's with about three million ratings. So I guess they decided that since they are part of Amazon, they get to choose to forgo the user rating systems now?
That is shady. I've only ordered smaller items from them (typically CDs, DVDs or Blu-Rays), and their bad feedback was deserved. They definitely need to be more honest and accurate with their item conditions and descriptions.

A DVD I ordered from them was stated as being in "Good" condition "in a new case, with a small wrinkle / bend on cover art" when in reality the entire back of the insert was torn up so badly it looked like a dog had gotten at it. I've ordered "factory sealed" CDs that were clearly just re-shrinkwrapped by whoever sold it to them (and it was clear that the discs had been resurfaced), possibly to get more money from their trade-in program.

Long story short, I only ever order from them anymore if the price is worth it, and now I always take the condition's listing with a grain of salt (i.e. "Good" usually is "acceptable", etc). I can't imagine ever buying bigger electronics from them, it sounds like a headache. It's a shame they've done away with the feedback rather than just implementing better quality checks.
Old 02-11-18, 11:43 AM

Update! I ordered a CD from Amazon Warehouse Deals two days ago. The album came out a while ago so it was super cheap, $1.47 to be exact - and NOT an add-on. I decided to buy it from Warehouse Deals since their note said "Factory Sealed". It arrived today and I opened the package to find (with no surprise) the CD was not factory sealed! Not even any renewed shrink wrap on it! The CD itself was in good shape, even though it had clearly been resurfaced for good measure, and there's slight wear to the booklet and one of the hinges to the door is broken off (which I can replace), but it's just the principle. How do you blatantly lie about the condition of an item?

Anyone who's ever ordered from Warehouse Deals knows they put a ton of those barcode stickers on the packages, which are in turn covered by a round orange Amazon Warehouse Deals INSPECTED sticker. I peeled those off the back of the jewel case because I noticed there was an additional sticker there. That sticker gave me the impression that it had previously been a standard FBA item because it had another barcode on it and said "Used - Good" and Fulfilled by Amazon. What the hell?

It appears Warehouse Deals lets you leave feedback again, so I went ahead and left them one-star feedback. They had a chance to redeem themselves, and they failed again.
Old 02-11-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Do you do a return on the item when it arrives not as described like that?

I've ordered probably a dozen things from Warehouse Deals over the years, and I've never had a problem.
Old 02-12-18, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheBang
Do you do a return on the item when it arrives not as described like that?

I've ordered probably a dozen things from Warehouse Deals over the years, and I've never had a problem.
Normally I would but the CD was so cheap that I won't even bother. It's in good shape and it was only $1.47. I got it in two days thanks to Prime - even if I had sought out a used copy to begin with it wouldn't have been that cheap.
Old 02-12-18, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

^ Yet you still gave them one-star feedback?
Old 02-12-18, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

You can't give feedback or star ratings to Amazon Warehouse anymore.
Old 02-12-18, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
^ Yet you still gave them one-star feedback?
The CD was described as "factory sealed" and it wasn't. It was in my cart for a while and for the price, I still would've bought the album even if they had it listed as "Used - Very Good" like it should have been. It's just the principle, and the fact that they went out of their way to add in "factory sealed" to the listing's comments is what made me mad.