Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Random Metal Re-visit Helloween "Keeper Pt.1"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought Walls of Jericho was pretty good but Keeper of the 7 Keys took it to the next level. Michael Kiske was a vocal powerhouse. Speed metal with someone who can sing really changes the game in my eyes. Overall the album has great balance and slick production. I'm still trying to figure out why they ended it on the ethereal track "Follow the sign" since it really loses impact after the epic "Halloween." However, it still doesn't keep the album from being one of my all time favorites. Agree? Disagree? Let it rip!

Track listing
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Initiation" Hansen 1:21
2. "I'm Alive" Hansen 3:23
3. "A Little Time" Kiske 3:59
4. "Twilight of the Gods" Hansen 4:29
5. "A Tale That Wasn't Right" Weikath 4:42
6. "Future World" Hansen 4:02
7. "Halloween" Hansen 13:18
8. "Follow the Sign" Hansen/Weikath 1:46

Halloween Official

http://youtu.be/yOAl0enE7kI

It is almost painful listening to the edit version of the song after just listening to the 13 minute masterpiece.
Old 06-05-11, 08:38 PM

Re: Random Metal Re-visit Helloween "Keeper Pt.1"

Awesome album is all I have to say about it!

Along with the video you posted, my other 2 fav's off that album are;

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wYU2VFpXjdU?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wYU2VFpXjdU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

And

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUl-Whg3TRo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUl-Whg3TRo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 06-05-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

So good. This stuff was a revelation when I found it and Pt. 2 in 1988. I'm glad I heard it before the hoards of imitators came out of Europe.
Old 06-05-11, 11:57 PM

I got my first taste of a helloween album about 6 months ago, when I purchased part 1 and part 2 as a deluxe edition. Part 1 tracks that stand out for me are I'M ALIVE, TWILIGHT of the GODS, HALLOWEEN. I to do not understand why you would end the album with a song that is just under two minutes, when you just had a 13 minute epic.
Old 06-06-11, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm a big Helloween fan, Keeper 1 and 2 are thier best
Old 06-07-11, 11:09 PM

I remember when they were playing the Halloween video on Headbangers Ball and I didn't care for the song. I had never heard the full version sos I didn't realize the video was an edit. Then Mtv played a concert video of Helloween and Grim Reaper on Halloween night that year. I thought Helloween were great and went out the next day to buy the tape and I still love it.
Old 06-08-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't discover Helloween until several years after Kiske left, but I quickly became a huge fan. Keeper Pt. 1 is definitely their masterpiece though. I could spin that album all the time. It always gets pulled out around Halloween too.