DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 + 3----9/27/2011

asianxcore
06-02-11, 06:41 PM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/44811/nightmare-elm-street-2-freddys-revenge-and-nightmare-elm-street-3-dream-warriors-hitting-?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DreadCentral+%28Dread+Central+News%29&utm_content=FaceBook

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/jun11/elm23.jpg

9/27/2011

Holy shit? I hope these get the same treatment that the first film did on Blu-Ray.

riotinmyskull
06-02-11, 06:55 PM
holy shit!!!! now we're getting somewhere...bring on the rest! (4 + 5 double feature / FREDDY'S DEAD + NEW NIGHTMARE double feature)

i'm hoping it's a race to see which of the big 3 franchises will all be on blu-ray first

tylergfoster
06-02-11, 07:07 PM
Yeah, hopefully 4/5 & 6/7 double features follow suit.

ThePhantomGoat
06-02-11, 07:07 PM
Here's hoping for a box set of all of the damn movies.

jrsl76
06-02-11, 07:29 PM
Hmm, don't know about it being a double feature. Hopefully it will be a good quality disc. The only essential ones for me are 1, 3 & 7.

islandclaws
06-02-11, 07:48 PM
For reals?

:up:

Boba Fett
06-02-11, 07:54 PM
2 is very underrated and the unintentional "repressed homosexuality" subtext to the movie actually makes it an interesting rewatch.

NoirFan
06-02-11, 08:13 PM
2 is very underrated and the unintentional "repressed homosexuality" subtext to the movie actually makes it an interesting rewatch.

If I recall correctly from Never Sleep Again, the director claimed to be unaware of the homoerotic tone, but the scriptwriter and certainly the gay lead actor were. I think it's an incoherent mess of a film, but I'd probably bite for $9.99 just to get III. I assume this is a BD-50? Perhaps the films will receive separate discs, as with the Legend double features. Some extras would be nice - Dokken in HD, anyone? - but I'm not holding my breath.

islandclaws
06-02-11, 08:58 PM
If we get anything other than HD trailers, I'd be amazed.

Gizmo
06-02-11, 09:04 PM
For $15 I'd probably bite.

2 was horrific though.

NoirFan
06-02-11, 09:10 PM
September is shaping up to be a very good month for horror fans:

Basket Case
Blood Trilogy
NOES II/III
They Live
Quatermass and the Pit
Dead of Night
House by the Cemetary

Plus Halloween II/III, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Zombie and The Frighteners (UK) in October.

MTRodaba2468
06-02-11, 09:24 PM
I still think they should have released a box set of all the Nightmare films when they released the first movie to tie in with the remake. I mean yes, it's good that they're starting to release the sequels on Blu-Ray, but I get the same feeling I do now with catalog TV on DVD: if it doesn't sell, we won't see the rest of them. I mean we've seen that with the Friday The 13th films, we could see it here, too.

NoirFan
06-02-11, 09:25 PM
I mean we've seen that with the Friday The 13th films, we could see it here, too.

Although in this case since the discs are double-features we'd only need two more releases to complete the series.

Gizmo
06-02-11, 10:08 PM
Although in this case since the discs are double-features we'd only need two more releases to complete the series.

Paramount could double feature the F13s as well (along with Warner)

Matthew Chmiel
06-02-11, 10:23 PM
They could easily fit both films (183 minutes total) on one BD-50 with DTS HD-MA 5.1 AND all the respective bonus material for the two films from the Nightmare on Elm Street collection since all of that content is SD.

Mike86
06-02-11, 10:54 PM
I'll probably pick this up but I sorta wish it wasn't a double feature. Now Paramount needs to get off their asses and release the rest of the Friday The 13th series.

Gizmo
06-02-11, 10:58 PM
I'll probably pick this up but I sorta wish it wasn't a double feature. Now Paramount needs to get off their asses and release the rest of the Friday The 13th series.

Paramount barely releases catalog - so continuing the F13 films is probably not going to happen anytime soon. Maybe they can license them to Lionsgate.

asianxcore
06-02-11, 11:13 PM
If I recall correctly from Never Sleep Again, the director claimed to be unaware of the homoerotic tone, but the scriptwriter and certainly the gay lead actor were.

:lol: Yup, that entire segment on Nightmare 2 was pretty hilarious.

I hope this encourages the release of New Nightmare eventually. Then will my brain explode.

NoirFan
06-03-11, 11:44 AM

Especially Mark Patton's revelation that his dance sequence is still in regular rotation on gay clubs' TV monitors.

lordzeppelin
06-03-11, 12:54 PM
And the reason I still have it saved on my DVR. Good laughs there.

The Monkees
06-03-11, 01:07 PM
Sweet!

Mike86
06-03-11, 02:17 PM
Paramount barely releases catalog - so continuing the F13 films is probably not going to happen anytime soon. Maybe they can license them to Lionsgate.
Yeah it sucks. My two favorite sequels are The Final Chapter and Jason Lives, but I'd pick the entire series up if they'd release them.

critterdvd
06-03-11, 03:07 PM
I'll definitely pick this up regardless, but I really wish New Line wouldn't be treating the series as a "budget release" - I would really like some new features, even if its just audio commentaries and deleted scenes...

The Monkees
06-03-11, 04:03 PM
I'll definitely pick this up regardless, but I really wish New Line wouldn't be treating the series as a "budget release" - I would really like some new features, even if its just audio commentaries and deleted scenes...

Yeah I agree. I think "Never Sleep Again" pretty much covered any type of featurettes or documentaries that could be made. Really just needs a commentary and deleted scenes!

tylergfoster
06-03-11, 07:40 PM
NoirFan, do you mean UK They Live in September or is it coming to the US too?

NoirFan
06-03-11, 07:42 PM
NoirFan, do you mean UK They Live in September or is it coming to the US too?

Just UK - same with Quatermass and the Pit and Dead of Night.

dvd-4-life
06-04-11, 03:25 PM

Basket Case
Blood Trilogy
NOES II/III
They Live
Quatermass and the Pit
Dead of Night
House by the Cemetary

Plus Halloween II/III, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Zombie and The Frighteners (UK) in October.

Has Halloween II/III officially been announced?

JOE29
06-04-11, 05:45 PM
Maybe i'll bite on II/III have to decide on release day.

NoirFan
06-07-11, 11:04 AM
Amazon pre-order is up (http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Elm-Street-Blu-ray/dp/B0054509GQ?ie=UTF8&qid=1307455018&sr=8-11&tag=blurayforum-20): $13.99 (30% off)

riotinmyskull
06-07-11, 11:20 AM
Amazon pre-order is up (http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Elm-Street-Blu-ray/dp/B0054509GQ?ie=UTF8&qid=1307455018&sr=8-11&tag=blurayforum-20): $13.99 (30% off)

sold!

NoirFan
06-07-11, 11:05 PM
For what it's worth, the Blu-ray.com listing states 2 discs.

SuckaMC
06-08-11, 12:34 PM
Its like they know the only way they will sell copies of part 2 is to bundle it with part 3. ha.

Matthew Chmiel
06-08-11, 12:45 PM
Its like they know the only way they will sell copies of part 2 is to bundle it with part 3. ha.
Or for Warner, it allows them to sell more copies of the franchise because they now can have two-packs for 4/5 and 6/7.

If it is in fact a two-disc set and retains the DVD bonus material, I'm in.

critterdvd
06-08-11, 06:23 PM
If it is in fact a two-disc set and retains the DVD bonus material, I'm in.

What DVD bonus material? These were both bare-bones if you don't count trailers and production notes...

Spiderbite
06-08-11, 08:39 PM
Just give me the Nancy trilogy and I will be happy. You can keep the rest.

Darth Maher
06-09-11, 11:51 PM

Yeah, it makes me a little sad inside to see one of my favorite movies (Nightmare 3) being released as something that you'd find in the bargain bins at Walmart. The bright side is that the price will be affordable, if not downright CHEAP.

tylergfoster
06-10-11, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it makes me a little sad inside to see one of my favorite movies (Nightmare 3) being released as something that you'd find in the bargain bins at Walmart. The bright side is that the price will be affordable, if not downright CHEAP.Deleted scenes are one thing (or Unrated cuts), but I maintain that if you haven't gotten Never Sleep Again yet, the content relating to any of the sequels on that DVD is better than whatever we could've gotten direct from the studios.

Darth Maher
06-10-11, 10:55 AM
Deleted scenes are one thing (or Unrated cuts), but I maintain that if you haven't gotten Never Sleep Again yet, the content relating to any of the sequels on that DVD is better than whatever we could've gotten direct from the studios.

I agree. But this is just "slap 2 movies on a disc and throw it out there". I guess I was hoping for a box set or something with all the Encyclopedia stuff and some new commentaries. I'm not pissed or anything, just a little sad. I guess I just expected Part 3 to get a little bit more respect like the first movie.

What I am wondering now is... what version of Nightmare 3 will it be?
The Dokken "Into The Fire" version or the generic cheesy music as Kristen builds the dream house? The DVD box set version restored the original Dokken song, but the version I saw on HDNet last year had the generic, cheesy song.

dvd-4-life
06-10-11, 11:24 AM
I agree. But this is just "slap 2 movies on a disc and throw it out there". I guess I was hoping for a box set or something with all the Encyclopedia stuff and some new commentaries. I'm not pissed or anything, just a little sad. I guess I just expected Part 3 to get a little bit more respect like the first movie.

What I am wondering now is... what version of Nightmare 3 will it be?
The Dokken "Into The Fire" version or the generic cheesy music as Kristen builds the dream house? The DVD box set version restored the original Dokken song, but the version I saw on HDNet last year had the generic, cheesy song.

The laserdisc also has the generic chessy song.

Michael Allred
06-11-11, 07:30 AM

Basket Case
Blood Trilogy
NOES II/III
They Live
Quatermass and the Pit
Dead of Night
House by the Cemetary

I wish "They Live" would get a US BD release soon along with "Prince of Darkness."

Matthew Chmiel
06-22-11, 02:12 PM
As confirmed this morning, two-disc Blu-ray set will contain all bonus material related to the two sequels from the origimal Nightmare DVD box set. :thumbsup:

joltman
06-22-11, 02:20 PM
That's a pleasant surprise!

The Monkees
06-23-11, 12:30 AM
As confirmed this morning, two-disc Blu-ray set will contain all bonus material related to the two sequels from the origimal Nightmare DVD box set. :thumbsup:

So... the trailers? And the crappy unedited interviews? Lame.

Why not any deleted scenes or commentaries??

Matthew Chmiel
06-23-11, 03:33 AM
Why not any deleted scenes or commentaries??
Those cost money. With physical media sales down, especially in the realm of catalog titles, we should be grateful Warner are even putting these titles out.

We should be more grateful that we're seeing the bonus material from the DVDs ported over as other studios can't even give us that much.

The ultimate bonus feature, Never Sleep Again, already exists. I don't think deleted scenes or commentaries would be able to top that.

Darth Maher
06-23-11, 09:03 AM
While I'd love to see some new stuff added, I too am glad that they at least are putting these features on there. I'm also glad that each movie has their own disc. It shows that they at least put some thought/effort into this release,

Pizza
06-23-11, 09:16 AM
A definite buy for me, even if it didn't contain any bonus material.

I assume they were hoping the remake would be a franchise unto itself and probably would have slowly strung out the releases of the original series to promote the new ones.

If sales of this release prompts the release of the rest, I'll be doing my part to send a positive message.

joltman
06-23-11, 11:47 AM
Kind of off-topic, but aren't there features for the first film that were on the box set that weren't on the Blu-ray? Meaning even if they release all of the sequels with their special features, there will still be features exclusive to the box set.

Darth Maher
06-23-11, 12:37 PM
^ I believe so. I also think there were some deleted scenes and such exclusive to the 2-Tape version of ANOES.

Matthew Chmiel
06-23-11, 01:57 PM
^ I believe so. I also think there were some deleted scenes and such exclusive to the 2-Tape version of ANOES.
Yup.

Deleted scenes and outtakes for A Nightmare on Elm Street were first released by Elite Entertainment on the Anniversary Laserdisc Edition in 1996. These scenes include extended dialogue, FX tests, or altogether new footage.

Most notable cut scenes include:

- Glen's body coming back up from the bed.
- Extra scenes of Nancy preparing for her final battle with Freddy.
- New plot points: Freddy was burned 10 years prior and Nancy was not an only child.
- Alternate endings were also included, with the most noticeable difference being that Nancy and her friends drive away in the car without Freddy's interference.
- The 'Freddy driving the car' ending was filmed, but was not included in this collection.

Also in 1996, ANCHOR BAY released a VHS Collector's Edition of A Nightmare on Elm Street containing the same deleted/outtake material found on the laserdisc collection. Unfortunately, only two of the alternate endings appear on the Nightmare Encyclopedia DVD released in 1999. None of the cut scenes appear on the DVD collection.

In 2006, a new DVD of A Nightmare on Elm Street was released as part of New Line Cinema's Infinifilm line. Included on the two disc set were select deleted scenes from the 1996 laserdisc release, along with new deleted and alternate footage. The "Freddy ending" was finally released as a special feature on this set.

Source (http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/nightmare1deletedscenes.html)

highclassrob
06-25-11, 06:54 PM
I found this posting over at horrordvds.com

A full series boxset (1-6 + New Nightmare) is getting released on BD in the UK (October)!
http://www.bva.org.uk/node/502505

Can a US release be far behind?

Gizmo
06-25-11, 07:03 PM
I found this posting over at horrordvds.com

A full series boxset (1-6 + New Nightmare) is getting released on BD in the UK (October)!
http://www.bva.org.uk/node/502505

Ooooh. Well, I guess I'll wait for confirmation. Could just be a re-release of the DVD boxset with the Blu version accidently mentioned...but I hope it's true :up:

islandclaws
06-25-11, 07:04 PM

Yes, it can. Now that they're doing these as double features, I'd suspect the rest will follow the same pattern. A complete box set might only be likely after they've put them all out.

Gizmo
06-25-11, 07:10 PM
Yes, it can. Now that they're doing these as double features, I'd suspect the rest will follow the same pattern. A complete box set might only be likely after they've put them all out.

I'd just import from the UK. The PQ/AQ will be the same, as-is everything else. Even at $14 a pop, the Double features will be $42. If the boxet comes out in the UK for $50ish, just grab that. October seems like the best time to release ANOES stuff, so it may be a while if they do a double-play a year. But who knows.

asianxcore
06-26-11, 10:35 AM
I'd be in for that UK set depending on how reviews pan out.

NoirFan
07-12-11, 11:23 AM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd114/besh1/22209_back.jpg

Doesn't seem to specify whether the Blu-rays are dual-layer or not - here's (http://images3.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/22209_back.jpg) a larger photo.

tylergfoster
07-12-11, 11:29 AM
Those extras are from the Nightmare Encyclopedia DVD, right? Good deal, thumbs up Warner Bros.

NoirFan
07-12-11, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know the length of the featurettes? I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything.

islandclaws
07-12-11, 12:33 PM
Fuck yes. Nice one, WB!

islandclaws
07-12-11, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know the length of the featurettes? I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything.

Nightmare on Elm St. 2: Freddy's Revenge

Freddy on 8th Street - 5:26
Heroes & Villains - 6:21
The Male Witch - 2:46
Psycho Sexual Circus - 3:26

Nightmare on Elm St. 3: Dream Warriors

Burn Out - 3:38
Fan Mail - 0:45
The House That Freddy Built - 0:38
Onward Christian Soldiers - 9:00
Snakes & Ladders - 6:03
That's Show Biz - 1:59
Trading 8's - 4:08
Dokken "Dream Warriors" - 5:04

For additional info (especially for possible future releases):

http://nightmareonelmstreetfilms.com/Files/Nightmare_Encyclopedia_Walkthrough.pdf

Relevance regarding features and runtimes starts on page 21.

critterdvd
07-12-11, 01:26 PM
I torn between grabbing the double features are getting the set. I already own the first and don't really care to own 6 and 7 (as I already have them on DVD and rarely rewatch either). So I guess it depends on any news comes out about possible new features for the box set... I've always wanted a commentary on 3 and 4...

NoirFan
07-12-11, 01:44 PM
Thanks KC. Looking forward to those Fat Boys and Whodini videos on future releases!

Darth Maher
07-12-11, 02:13 PM
^ I always wondered why the "Love Kills" (Vinnie Vincent Invasion) video wasn't on the Encyclopedia DVD.

But, even through there is no "new" content. I'm glad that they at least included what already existed. Saves me the trouble of pulling out the box and sifting through the features.

islandclaws
07-12-11, 02:17 PM
I'm particularly happy WB is including the relevant extras from the Nightmare Encyclopedia since I, like many other NoES fans (I'd assume), didn't feel like wasting an endless amount of time trying to navigate that damn thing, so I haven't seen most of them.

NoirFan
07-12-11, 05:18 PM
I'm particularly happy WB is including the relevant extras from the Nightmare Encyclopedia since I, like many other NoES fans (I'd assume), didn't feel like wasting an endless amount of time trying to navigate that damn thing, so I haven't seen most of them.

I vaguely recall spending several drunken, frustrated hours with a friend who had just bought the box in '99 just trying to find (and mock) the Dokken video. Can't remember if we were ultimately successful or not.

tylergfoster
07-12-11, 10:03 PM
Aside from the music videos, these particular extras from the Encyclopedia are all accessible under a menu, without any hunting. Not sure what was actually hidden in the maze, I never played it.

The Monkees
07-13-11, 12:44 AM
Aside from the music videos, these particular extras from the Encyclopedia are all accessible under a menu, without any hunting. Not sure what was actually hidden in the maze, I never played it.

I'm pretty sure the alternate ending from part 1 was hidden in there.

I'm glad these are coming to BD but seriously, I couldn't care less about the featurettes. I saw them in `99 and didn't even care for them.

Ringmaster
07-27-11, 08:29 PM
Amazon's Japan site has the trailer for the NOES Collection on Blu Ray.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/mpd/permalink/m1J9UHDVQQUSEV/ref=ent_fb_link

Looks like I'll be importing this box set instead of buying the Original film and Double Features separately.

Gizmo
07-27-11, 09:52 PM
Canceled my Amazon double disc order. Screw Warner. I'll wait for the boxset or just import.

Darth Maher
07-27-11, 10:00 PM
ok, now i'm thinking of waiting too

NoirFan
09-16-11, 08:04 PM
A poster on Blu-ray.com reports that it's one disc.

islandclaws
09-16-11, 08:21 PM
I read that too. Think I'll hold off and get the UK box set, which I now hear has been pushed back to 10/25.

NoirFan
09-16-11, 08:24 PM
I don't want to quadruple dip on the first film, so I'll just wait until the other two double-features are released stateside. I'll probably also hold off until they're under $10, as I'm in no big hurry to revisit Dream Child or Freddy's Dead.

joltman
09-17-11, 01:15 AM
FWIW, if you just get 1 and then the three double features, you will still be missing the special features disc, which I assume will be exclusive to the boxset.

JackBurton
09-17-11, 01:47 AM
I don't want to quadruple dip on the first film, so I'll just wait until the other two double-features are released stateside.\Careful, Doctorossi may be reading ;)

Disc-Flipper
09-17-11, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna wait for a nice box set in the US.
I hope the anaglyphic (red-blue) 3-D version of Freddy's Dead is still included.

NoirFan
09-17-11, 12:27 PM
FWIW, if you just get 1 and then the three double features, you will still be missing the special features disc, which I assume will be exclusive to the boxset.

Isn't the special features disc just the Nightmare Encyclopedia material?

The Monkees
09-17-11, 12:51 PM
Isn't the special features disc just the Nightmare Encyclopedia material?

Yes, and from what I've been reading all that interview material and stuff is on the double features. At least the 2/3 one coming out anyway.

NoirFan
09-17-11, 12:53 PM
I'm wondering why WB bothered to create an extra disc when those featurettes would fit on the discs housing the films, as in the case of 2/3.

joltman
09-17-11, 01:21 PM
Most of the extras on the special features disc are from the Nightmare Encyclopedia, but they are all related to the first movie, which is why they won't be put on any of the double features. Also, there are a couple new features on there (Freddy MTV special, 2 episodes of Freddy's Nightmares).

dullboy
09-20-11, 10:23 AM
From the image of the set on Amazon.jp, the bonus disc says "All New FEAR HIMSELF, THE LIFE AND CRIMES OF FREDDY KRUEGER".
http://usera.ImageCave.com/dullboy/noes.jpg

NoirFan
09-20-11, 11:13 AM
I can't imagine that there's anything Nightmare-related that wasn't covered in the Never Sleep Again doc, so I'll just wait for the other double-feature discs.

therock69
09-21-11, 05:30 PM
what stores will be selling the new 2 and 3 blu-ray on 9/27 will walmart???

The Monkees
09-22-11, 12:54 AM
Wow, completely forgot this was coming out NEXT week. For some reason I thought there was still a few weeks to go.

joltman
09-22-11, 08:11 AM
From the image of the set on Amazon.jp, the bonus disc says "All New FEAR HIMSELF, THE LIFE AND CRIMES OF FREDDY KRUEGER".

That actually makes more sense, I was actually wondering if the bonus disc was just a DVD as it would probably be all SD content that could fit on one. If there's a new documentary, presumably in HD, that makes much more sense.

tylergfoster
09-22-11, 08:25 AM
That actually makes more sense, I was actually wondering if the bonus disc was just a DVD as it would probably be all SD content that could fit on one. If there's a new documentary, presumably in HD, that makes much more sense.Also, two eps of the TV show -- I posted the full specs with runtimes elsewhere on the forum.

critterdvd
09-22-11, 05:33 PM
Also, two eps of the TV show -- I posted the full specs with runtimes elsewhere on the forum.

Just a heads up - don't be surprised if the two episodes of the television show are left off the american release. Warner Brothers owns the rights to the series internationally, but domestically it becomes really foggy (which is why it's never had a proper home video release stateside before).

jrsl76
09-22-11, 07:44 PM
I want to see reviews, but I'm thinking I'll be selling my NOES 1 Blu and buying the box set.

NoirFan
09-22-11, 08:22 PM
If only the boxed set were being released a couple of weeks earlier, before the Rock and Shock Convention, I'd forgo waiting for the other double-features and buy the box in order to get it autographed by Englund, Langenkamp, Wyss, Patton and Sagoes. I'm still planning on getting the first film and 2/3 autographed, but it would look cooler to have all the autographs on one set.

Living Dead
09-23-11, 06:27 PM
http://usera.ImageCave.com/dullboy/noes.jpg

So wait... there are 4 discs in this pic, one of which is the bonus disc. Does that mean 7 films will be sandwiched on 3 single-sided discs?

NoirFan
09-23-11, 06:49 PM
According to Amazon the set is five discs, which makes sense. I don't know why there are only four discs pictured.

tylergfoster
09-25-11, 04:13 AM
According to Amazon the set is five discs, which makes sense. I don't know why there are only four discs pictured.I'm pretty sure there's a dedicate thread for the set and all of this info is in there. Just FYI.

MTRodaba2468
09-25-11, 01:22 PM
*shrugs*

I was initially going to go with the double features, but I decided to import the UK box set instead. That way, I'll have all 7 films in HD, presumably in time to watch them for the Horror Challenge.

Alan Smithee
09-25-11, 04:35 PM
Just a heads up - don't be surprised if the two episodes of the television show are left off the american release. Warner Brothers owns the rights to the series internationally, but domestically it becomes really foggy (which is why it's never had a proper home video release stateside before).

At least some episodes were put out on VHS from Warner, I think they had two per tape. I watched most of "Freddy's Nightmares" during its original run, wish I had taped it.

The Monkees
09-25-11, 06:37 PM
I've had the whole Freddy's Nightmares series on DVD-R that I bought from a convention for years now. I've only ever watched about 4 or 5 of the episodes. It's pretty goofy, but I'd love to get some nice video/audio quality episodes some day.

riotinmyskull
09-27-11, 02:35 PM
not sure if it's already been verified but this release is 1 disc not 2

islandclaws
09-27-11, 02:59 PM
I'm ok with 1 disc, but how's the quality? 2 and 3 had solid DVD transfers, so I'd assume they would look even better in HD.

riotinmyskull
09-27-11, 03:32 PM
I'm ok with 1 disc, but how's the quality? 2 and 3 had solid DVD transfers, so I'd assume they would look even better in HD.

haven't popped it in yet...waiting for october. if reviews aren't up within 24 hours i'll have a look.

islandclaws
09-27-11, 05:35 PM
haven't popped it in yet...waiting for october. if reviews aren't up within 24 hours i'll have a look.

Haha. Almost forgot. I'm on a self-imposed horror moratorium too. And it's killing me.

islandclaws
09-27-11, 05:38 PM
I got it yesterday. The picture quality on Part 2 is excellent, about as good if not better than the first one. Unfortunetly, the picture quality of Part 3 is not nearly as good

clckworang
09-27-11, 06:35 PM
I don't know why I thought the UK set wasn't coming out until November. I must have been somehow mixing it up with The Evil Dead 2's release date. I definitely would like to purchase the set for the horror challenge.

MTRodaba2468
09-27-11, 07:20 PM

Haha. Almost forgot. I'm on a self-imposed horror moratorium too. And it's killing me.

I've been doing the same thing. I've found myself wanting to pop in recent acquisitions such as the Halloween II Blu-Ray to watch Terror In The Aisles or stream something off of Netflix like The Burning, but I keep having to remind myself to wait just a few more days.

With that said, it kinda helps that the UK release for the full set is released a couple weeks later, but still soon enough to watch the whole series before the month is up. If what KC quoted is true, that 3 is a big step down from the other two, than I have to worry what the rest of the series will look like...

NoirFan
09-27-11, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in anything anyone on the Blu-ray.com forums says, as they've got more than their fair share of nutjobs. One guy was actually predicting that since he thought II looked good and III didn't (the apparent lack of grain was cited as a positive thing), somehow that meant that IV and VI would look good and V and VII wouldn't. They should just stick to collecting slipcovers and peppering their pointless posts with excessive smileys and incorrectly placed commas.

riotinmyskull
09-27-11, 07:48 PM
^ and going completely off topic in 100% of their threads

Matthew Chmiel
09-27-11, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't put much stock in anything anyone on the Blu-ray.com forums says, as they've got more than their fair share of nutjobs. One guy was actually predicting that since he thought II looked good and III didn't (the apparent lack of grain was cited as a positive thing), somehow that meant that IV and VI would look good and V and VII wouldn't. They should just stick to collecting slipcovers and peppering their pointless posts with excessive smileys and incorrectly placed commas.
AND HOLY FUCK IF THERE'S NO SLIPCOVER, THERE'S NO SALE!

Ugh.

It's like HTF had a child with Down's Syndrome.

AmityBoatTours
09-28-11, 12:22 AM
While i would have liked to have had these to watch tonight back to back.
I am more than happy to wait a few more weeks when my copy of the UK boxset arrives.

Matthew Chmiel
09-28-11, 03:08 PM
Comparisons between the original DVDs and the BD box:

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83526

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83393

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83405

A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83412

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83522

Wes Craven's New Nightmare:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83523

Some individuals on Blu-ray.com are screaming how these transfers look like upscaled DVDs. :lol:

Outside of the first film, the sequels take up around 20GB of disc space. Once the SD bonus materials are accounted for, each disc comes in at less than 45GB. However, this method becomes a problem for the last disc as Wes Craven's New Nightmare is the longest entry in the franchise at nearly two hours. The screenshots for it do show signs of compression, but whatever, the rest of the films look rock solid. :thumbsup:

NoirFan
09-28-11, 04:17 PM
I get this msg when I click on those links:

Coulden't connect to MySQL. Refresh.

Matthew Chmiel
09-28-11, 04:19 PM
I get this msg when I click on those links:
Their website is having massive issues at the moment, but trust me those links work as I saw them earlier this morning. :)

islandclaws
09-29-11, 12:11 PM
They def look better on BD, but the more I think about it, the less I care about having 4-7 on BD now. I can wait for WB to knock out a couple more double feature discs.

clckworang
09-29-11, 12:24 PM
I broke down and went ahead and ordered the UK set last night. No sense in waiting for all the films to slowly trickle out in the U.S. Excited about having all the Nightmare films on Blu-ray! Too bad I don't see something like this happening for the Friday the 13th movies.

tylergfoster
09-30-11, 04:50 AM
The reframing on 5 is startling. I'm not bothered by it personally, but it really jumps out at you. There's also no arguing that (as one user on either Blu-Ray.com or here says) WB pushes these transfers toward cyan for some reason; the blues are getting very Transformers-y, which I can't say I'm thrilled about. But these look pretty great.

The link for 2 takes you to a comparison for 1.

jrsl76
09-30-11, 05:02 AM
Here's the link for 2.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/83993

jrsl76
09-30-11, 05:09 AM
Weird, it doesn't seem to be loading the comparisons.

Darth Maher
09-30-11, 01:06 PM
Best Buy's response after I e-mailed them to say that I was "sad" that every store in my area stated that this title was UNAVAILABLE:

Hi Jeff,

I am Sheila with Best Buy Customer Care. I am sorry your sad about the availability of Nightmare On Elm Street 2 & 3 we do not want you to be sad so I took a look at our inventory and it looks like we will be getting a new shipment of your item on 10/20/2011 so keep checking back on the web site about that time, I am sure we will make you happy!

If you have any other questions just ask we are here to help.

Sincerely,
Sheila
Best Buy Customer Care Team

:lol:

MrStayPuft
09-30-11, 01:59 PM
Seriously? Was that written by a professional?

"I am sorry your sad about the availability of Nightmare On Elm Street 2 & 3 we do not want you to be sad"

Just awful, take the time to review your email before you send it, jeeze

islandclaws
09-30-11, 02:38 PM
I'm going to guess she could review that a thousand times and never see the errors.

clckworang
09-30-11, 03:43 PM
As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you would be shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are, even some of those people who earned degrees in fields you would expect better grasps of the English language.

asianxcore
09-30-11, 05:05 PM
Does anyone here have the disc? Thoughts?

Living Dead
09-30-11, 07:43 PM
i am sad that i cant buy the Nightmare box at this moment but once i get more money i can and then i wont be sad i will be happy

Darth Maher
10-01-11, 12:16 PM
Hey... question for all who own Nightmare 3 on Blu-ray:

What song is used on this release in the scene when Kristen blares her radio to stay awake when building the dream house? Dokken's "Into The Fire" (used in the theatrical and DVD versions) or the generic instrumental rock song (used on the VHS/cable versions)?

Lastdaysofrain
10-02-11, 12:57 PM
Watched the disc last night. I was impressed with Part 2's transfer, but Part 3 really disappointed me, it seemed a bit soft and the colors were kind of washed out. I saw it in theaters but since I was 7, and my memory isn't that great, I don't remember it looking so....flat, it's a slight improvement on the DVD, but not a huge upgrade like Part 1 is, and not as impressive a jump as Part 2. I'd still say pick up the disc though, it's cheap and had solid extras.

dlbsyst
10-02-11, 03:13 PM
Watched the disc last night. I was impressed with Part 2's transfer, but Part 3 really disappointed me, it seemed a bit soft and the colors were kind of washed out. I saw it in theaters but since I was 7, and my memory isn't that great, I don't remember it looking so....flat, it's a slight improvement on the DVD, but not a huge upgrade like Part 1 is, and not as impressive a jump as Part 2. I'd still say pick up the disc though, it's cheap and had solid extras.

Not to mention that the picture is way to dark. A lot of the detail is lost in the shadows. Looks kind of bad. I wonder if the UK box set uses the same transfer?

I agree that part 2 has a very nice transfer.

asianxcore
10-02-11, 04:55 PM
$9.99 at Best Buy this week. That was quick :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nightmare+On+Elm+Street+2+%26+3+-+AC3+Dolby+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3566993.p?id=2231127&skuId=3566993

NoirFan
10-02-11, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Amazon will price-match and I can email them for a refund.

Matthew Chmiel
10-02-11, 06:22 PM
Hopefully Amazon will price-match and I can email them for a refund.
:lol: Good luck.

Hint: they're not going to do it.

dlbsyst
10-02-11, 10:35 PM
$9.99 at Best Buy this week. That was quick :)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nightmare+On+Elm+Street+2+%26+3+-+AC3+Dolby+-+Blu-ray+Disc/3566993.p?id=2231127&skuId=3566993

Wow. I just picked it up Saturday night and paid $14.95. A day later and it's $9.95. I better get back to the store for a refund.;)

NoirFan
10-02-11, 10:47 PM
:lol: Good luck.

Hint: they're not going to do it.

Actually, they almost always do, as long as it hasn't been more than a week or so since my order shipped. In addition, any time Amazon offers a promo discount on anything that I've purchased in the last six months, I end up getting a store credit. All it takes is a politely-worded email.

Matthew Chmiel
10-02-11, 11:15 PM
Actually, they almost always do, as long as it hasn't been more than a week or so since my order shipped. In addition, any time Amazon offers a promo discount on anything that I've purchased in the last six months, I end up getting a store credit. All it takes is a politely-worded email.
The few times I've written nicely worded emails about price adjustments days later, I'm told to politely go fuck myself.

Honestly with catalog titles, I just wait until they drop below $10. When it comes to Warner titles, both new and catalog releases, they're notorious for dropping in price within weeks of street date. I remember when the Blu-ray.com posters were flipping out when Amazon dropped the price on Final Destination 2 & 3 to $9 a pop days after street date and Amazon denied them all. :lol: And, of course, I then decided to jump the gun despite the fact Warner still hasn't addressed the Choose Their Fate mishap on the third film.

Anyway, there have been instances where Amazon has gone above and beyond. I bought a Logitech G9x mouse for $79 as they were advertising a $30 MIR. I placed my order and printed out the paperwork to fill it out. As I was filling it out, I noticed the deal already expired. When I went to cancel the order, Amazon had already shipped it out. Emailed Amazon and they credited $30 right back on my card. :thumbsup:

NoirFan
10-02-11, 11:46 PM
I'll definitely wait until the other eventual Nightmare 2-fers drop to $9.99. My friend is buying the UK box, so I'll just borrow his discs in the meantime.

Honestly with catalog titles, I just wait until they drop below $10.

I almost always wait until the sub-$10 price-point for catalog stuff as well, although I'm willing to spend an extra dollar here and there in October to get viewing material for the Challenge.

Peep
10-03-11, 09:07 PM
As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you would be shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are, even some of those people who earned degrees in fields you would expect better grasps of the English language.

As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you have been advised not to submit that previous post as an example of your work.

NoirFan
10-04-11, 08:37 AM
Blu-ray.com review (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Nightmare-on-Elm-Street-2-and-3-Freddys-Revenge-and-Dream-Warriors-Blu-ray/22209/#Review)

Darth Maher
10-04-11, 10:04 AM
Hey... question for all who own Nightmare 3 on Blu-ray:

What song is used on this release in the scene when Kristen blares her radio to stay awake when building the dream house? Dokken's "Into The Fire" (used in the theatrical and DVD versions) or the generic instrumental rock song (used on the VHS/cable versions)?

Anyone??

clckworang
10-04-11, 11:54 AM
As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you have been advised not to submit that previous post as an example of your work.

Feel free to correct me. :D

dlbsyst
10-04-11, 03:11 PM
Anyone??

Dokken's "Into The Fire" is used.

dullboy
10-04-11, 04:13 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8JVAB7WXSp4/TSwG9brhiBI/AAAAAAAAAww/9cGzRkvKZwA/s1600/dokken.jpg

Darth Maher
10-04-11, 05:22 PM
^^ Yay!!!

Disc-Flipper
10-07-11, 11:34 AM
I'm still wondering if the US 2/3 set has the same transfers as the UK set?

Matthew Chmiel
10-07-11, 11:37 AM
I'm still wondering if the US 2/3 set has the same transfers as the UK set?
It's the same, exact disc.

Peep
10-07-11, 05:13 PM
Feel free to correct me. :D

"As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you would be shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are..."

Fail. I'm not an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you are.

"As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, I am shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are..." is correct.

Disc-Flipper
10-09-11, 06:10 PM
I was wondering if the Freddy's Dead Blu includes the 2D and 3D versions?

clckworang
10-10-11, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if the Freddy's Dead Blu includes the 2D and 3D versions?

This is something I've been wondering as well.

"As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you would be shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are..."

Fail. I'm not an editor with more than 10 years of experience, you are.

"As an editor with more than 10 years of experience, I am shocked at how poor most people's writing abilities are..." is correct.

:clap: Bravo! You win a non-existent prize! :flowers:

I heartily apologize for writing in a more casual tone on an Internet message board and leaving out what I figured were the understood words "I can say" (you know, since I was the one saying it) before "you would be shocked." Thank you for teaching me the error in my ways. I will now take your advice and remove the various forum postings that are currently included among my work samples.

Peep
10-10-11, 02:24 PM
This is something I've been wondering as well.

:clap: Bravo! You win a non-existent prize! :flowers:

I heartily apologize for writing in a more casual tone on an Internet message board and leaving out what I figured were the understood words "I can say" (you know, since I was the one saying it) before "you would be shocked." Thank you for teaching me the error in my ways. I will now take your advice and remove the various forum postings that are currently included among my work samples.

Dude, you were:
- bagging on somebody else's error
- bragging about your 10-year tenure as an editor
- screwing up the grammar in the same sentence

You deserve to be called out. Also, you went on to challenge me to spot an error in your posting as if you had reviewed it again and it still looked fine to you. Like I said... Fail.

clckworang
10-10-11, 04:41 PM
Dude, you were:
- bagging on somebody else's error
- bragging about your 10-year tenure as an editor
- screwing up the grammar in the same sentence

You deserve to be called out. Also, you went on to challenge me to spot an error in your posting as if you had reviewed it again and it still looked fine to you. Like I said... Fail.

1. I wasn't bagging on anyone's error. Other people talked about the errors in the customer service email and were shocked at how it was written. I was just pointing out there were professional writers who were just as bad. I didn't bag on anyone or call anyone out. That's what you felt the need to do.

2. I don't recall doing any bragging about my time as an editor. All I did was point out I have worked as an editor for more than 10 years. There's not much bragging in that statement. And trust me, it's not much to brag about anyway.

3. I did challenge you to correct me. I was curious what you would say. Would you point out the casual nature of my writing on an Internet message board (yes, apparently) or toss out something wildly out there and incorrect like I see others do quite often? Congratulations. You passed the impromptu grammar test. :)

Peep
10-10-11, 05:14 PM
3. I did challenge you to correct me. I was curious what you would say. Would you point out the casual nature of my writing on an Internet message board (yes, apparently) or toss out something wildly out there and incorrect like I see others do quite often? Congratulations. You passed the impromptu grammar test. :)

I love that you just can't cop to using wildly incorrect grammer. And how much you're willing to beat this dead horse.

But sadly, you've crossed from amusing to boring, so please let it drop and let's focus on NOES.

clckworang
10-10-11, 05:42 PM
I love that you just can't cop to using wildly incorrect grammer. And how much you're willing to beat this dead horse.

But sadly, you've crossed from amusing to boring, so please let it drop and let's focus on NOES.

And I love that you can't admit to doing the same thing you accused me of doing. So, let's agree to disagree and get back on topic, as you say.

Disc-Flipper
10-17-11, 10:12 PM
Amazon.co.uk has a delay in shipping out my Elm Street set. Did anybody get theirs shipped?

NoirFan
10-17-11, 10:32 PM
Mine shows a dispatch date of 10/24.

clckworang
10-17-11, 10:52 PM
I received a notification of a delay. I was really hoping to get the set in time for the horror challenge. It's now only available from third-party sellers at Amazon UK. I'm debating ordering it from another store, but Amazon was cheaper.

NoirFan
10-18-11, 12:09 AM
It's possible that with a 10/24 ship date it will arrive on the 31st. I've gotten a few UK orders within a week, but most seem to take 10-12 days.

AmityBoatTours
10-18-11, 12:46 AM
Mine shows a dispatch date of 10/24.

out of all the home video sites i frequent your the only peson to show a dispatch date still.

L Chabert Lover
10-18-11, 06:08 AM
Amazon.co.uk has a delay in shipping out my Elm Street set. Did anybody get theirs shipped?

I had an order placed with Amazon UK too, but since they apparently didn't receive their stock, I canceled and placed an order with a third-party seller at Amazon UK. My order is in the "Dispatching Soon" status and should ship today (the 18th) or tomorrow. I paid $69.25 USD, but that equals to $10 per film, so not too bad I guess. What sucks is that the bonus disc is a DVD, not a BD which means I probably won't get to see any of the extras because the disc will probably be Region 2, PAL locked. Why couldn't they just put the extras on a BD?

matome
10-18-11, 12:03 PM
When I saw the Amazon UK delay on my preorder I cancelled yesterday and went with HMV. $10 more, but it shipped out this morning.

Disc-Flipper
10-19-11, 03:58 PM
Discussion on Amazon.co.uk says "Freddy's Dead" is 2D only.
I'm debating if I really want this set if the Extras disc is PAL R2 DVD and I live in Canada.
I have region-free solutions but they're a hassle to set up.
Is Warner Bros. North America going to wait until October 2012 to bring out the next release Elm Street 4/5?

clckworang
10-19-11, 04:45 PM
Discussion on Amazon.co.uk says "Freddy's Dead" is 2D only.
I'm debating if I really want this set if the Extras disc is PAL R2 DVD and I live in Canada.
I have region-free solutions but they're a hassle to set up.
Is Warner Bros. North America going to wait until October 2012 to bring out the next release Elm Street 4/5?

Not sure why, but I had a feeling it was going to be 2D only. That sucks. I guess it gives me a reason to hang on to the DVD for that.

I'm still debating whether to finalize my order with HMV or just keep the one with Amazon UK. :lol: I guess at this point I'll just leave it.

Edit to add: Just got an email from Amazon. The new delivery estimate I was given is Nov. 8 - 11.

MTRodaba2468
10-19-11, 11:17 PM
What sucks is that the bonus disc is a DVD, not a BD which means I probably won't get to see any of the extras because the disc will probably be Region 2, PAL locked. Why couldn't they just put the extras on a BD?

I had my set delayed as well, set to ship after the Horror Challenge is over.

*sigh*

I was going that route in hopes of getting them all at once. Plus, the bonus disc isn't even playable on my TV, either, since it'll be a PAL DVD, regardless of the region coding.

*double sigh*

Honestly, as ridiculous it may sound, I decided to cancel my order for the whole set. I'll just grab the 2/3 release in the meantime, and hope WB won't make us suffer over here like Paramount has with Friday The 13th...

EDIT: Well NOW I get my notice that the set is being dispatched. Meaning I can't cancel it. :hairpull: Well perhaps I may be able to watch the bonus disc on the computer.

NoirFan
10-20-11, 12:04 AM
I was going that route in hopes of getting them all at once. Plus, the bonus disc isn't even playable on my TV, either, since it'll be a PAL DVD, regardless of the region coding.

What kind of TV do you have? I've never had a problem playing PAL on either my old Sony tube or my current Samsung plasma.

MTRodaba2468
10-20-11, 01:01 AM
What kind of TV do you have? I've never had a problem playing PAL on either my old Sony tube or my current Samsung plasma.

It's an older Hitachi Ultravision unit; one my family got back around 2004. It doesn't even have an HDMI port; I've got my player hooked up via component cables (which, luckily, still displays in HD). I've attempted playing PAL content on it in the past, to no avail, although I will say I haven't gone 100% in depth with fiddling around with the settings to see if I could pull it off.

I use a PS3 as my player, so I'm not so much concerned with the discs' region (although for those that don't know, one of the users on the Blu-Ray.com forums confirmed that the bonus disc was Region 2 and 4 locked). I'm pretty sure my computer's drive is multi-region (and I do have VLC on it, if the normal DVD program didn't work), so the more I think about it, I can probably still be able to watch the bonus stuff.

It's just disappointing, especially knowing Warner's track record. It's like when Arrow first put out The Funhouse on Blu-Ray. By all accounts, it's a loaded disc, but none of the extras would play on a US player, due to the encoding (at 1080i/25p). They subsequently fixed that, for a couple weeks, before they stated that future pressings would be Region B locked, presumably because of Universal holding the rights here (luckily, I got my order in just in time for a US-compatible disc). I could have ordered the Blu-Ray of the very first pressing, and I still would be able to watch the film in HD, no problem, but I hated not being able to access all the content on it, which is why I held off. It's not the same, in that theoretically, I can still watch the content; it's just more of a pain in the ass to do so.

Matthew Chmiel
10-20-11, 02:28 AM
Televisions can play both NTSC and PAL based content, it all depends on the hardware you're using along with the television.

The North American model of the PS3 can only play Region A Blu-ray discs (and Region 1 DVDs). Since Region A is used in countries where the video standard was previously NTSC, the PS3 is disabled to play back any PAL content. Now that's not based upon the PS3's hardware, it's all software based upon where the unit is being sold.

However, if you own a XBOX 360, you can actually playback PAL content as long as the DVD is set to region free.

I haven't heard that the DVD included in the Warner set is Region Free. It might be Region 2 locked for all we know.

If that's the case, I would suggest to make your next Blu-ray player one that is region free and capable to play back PAL. While a PS3 is my main Blu-ray player in the living room, I also have an Insignia player in my bedroom that's capable of playing discs from any region AND PAL content. The best part about it? It only cost me around $80 from Best Buy. :thumbsup:

NoirFan
10-20-11, 08:54 AM
TI also have an Insignia player in my bedroom that's capable of playing discs from any region AND PAL content. The best part about it? It only cost me around $80 from Best Buy. :thumbsup:

I've got the same player, for around the same price. Apparently newer models have an updated firmware that disables the multi-region capabilities though.

MTRodaba2468
10-20-11, 12:36 PM
Televisions can play both NTSC and PAL based content, it all depends on the hardware you're using along with the television.

The North American model of the PS3 can only play Region A Blu-ray discs (and Region 1 DVDs). Since Region A is used in countries where the video standard was previously NTSC, the PS3 is disabled to play back any PAL content. Now that's not based upon the PS3's hardware, it's all software based upon where the unit is being sold.

However, if you own a XBOX 360, you can actually playback PAL content as long as the DVD is set to region free.

I haven't heard that the DVD included in the Warner set is Region Free. It might be Region 2 locked for all we know.

If that's the case, I would suggest to make your next Blu-ray player one that is region free and capable to play back PAL. While a PS3 is my main Blu-ray player in the living room, I also have an Insignia player in my bedroom that's capable of playing discs from any region AND PAL content. The best part about it? It only cost me around $80 from Best Buy. :thumbsup:

As I said, I haven't gone 100% into my TV's specifications, so it's possible that the lack of PAL capability has been due to the players used.

One of the posters on Blu-Ray.com confirmed that the bonus disc was locked to Regions 2 and 4. I don't have an X-Box 360, but even then, the region lock defeats it.

I was thinking about looking into another Blu-Ray player back with the whole Funhouse incident I mentioned, specifically one that was region free and could play HD, NTSC, and PAL content.

clckworang
10-21-11, 12:16 PM
Well, to my surprise, I woke up this morning to a shipping notification from Amazon UK. I was expecting a much longer delay than that. Don't most people usually receive shipments within about a week?

Disc-Flipper
10-21-11, 01:36 PM
My set shipped this morning - which wasn't too long of a delay (4 days after release date).
Where will the bonus stuff go on the US releases if they are doing these movie 2-packs?

Living Dead
10-21-11, 02:11 PM
Are there any reviews of this UK set for PQ and AQ? I'd love to have it but I never pre-order anything since I always wait for the reviews.

Disc-Flipper
10-21-11, 02:41 PM
I've checked out the HD versions on pay-per-view and was impressed with the quality.

asianxcore
10-21-11, 03:31 PM
Are there any reviews of this UK set for PQ and AQ? I'd love to have it but I never pre-order anything since I always wait for the reviews.

A couple of people over at the Blu-Ray.com forums got it but ended up just talking about the packaging instead :lol:

Also waiting for reviews for this set, or someone around here to post their thoughts.

Living Dead
10-22-11, 03:05 PM
A couple of people over at the Blu-Ray.com forums got it but ended up just talking about the packaging instead :lol:

Also waiting for reviews for this set, or someone around here to post their thoughts.

Yeah, the packaging doesn't look all that impressive. But the only time I ever care about that is if it's damaging the discs or if it's just cheap garbage like the R1 BTTF release. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

asianxcore
10-23-11, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the packaging doesn't look all that impressive. But the only time I ever care about that is if it's damaging the discs or if it's just cheap garbage like the R1 BTTF release. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Or The Omen Collection set :lol:

For anyone interested the Double Feature is @ $9.99 again at Best Buy this week.

EDIT: Here are pics that someone over there posted of the set. Again it's still more talking about everything but the A/V quality. This time it's leaned into how the discs aren't named with what film it contains (even though there is a number corresponding with the film number)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/5363392-post690.html

NoirFan
10-23-11, 02:39 PM
God, that place is truly ridiculous: "Who cares what it loks or sounds like - does it com with a slipcover??!!!111"

Living Dead
10-23-11, 02:58 PM
EDIT: Here are pics that someone over there posted of the set. Again it's still more talking about everything but the A/V quality. This time it's leaned into how the discs aren't named with what film it contains (even though there is a number corresponding with the film number)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/5363392-post690.html

It is kind of weird that only the first disc is labeled with the name of the movie that's on it. I don't think the numbers would correspond to the films, like you said, since there are 7 films and 5 discs. I'd assume it's 2&3 on Disc 2, 4&5 on Disc 3, and 6&7 on Disc 4. And then the bonus disc is labeled "8" for some reason. How hard would it have been to put the names of the movies on the discs?

That's definitely a sloppy, plain, ugly set. But if the AQ/PQ reviews are good, I'll be getting it anyway.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
10-24-11, 10:53 AM
God, that place is truly ridiculous: "Who cares what it loks or sounds like - does it com with a slipcover??!!!111"

That's like this place used to be with inserts, "No insert, no sale".

joltman
10-24-11, 11:50 AM
I was looking forward to this, but since the bonus disc is a region locked PAL DVD, I'll be waiting and seeing what we get in the USA, whether it's a box set, or just buying the 4 double features. As to the bonus disc being label 8, I'm sure that's because it's the exact same disc from the DVD set released the same day.

jrsl76
10-24-11, 01:16 PM
My set shipped from Amazon UK a couple days ago. Can't wait to get it.

NoirFan
10-25-11, 09:02 AM
I'm still waiting for mine to ship - the dispatch estimate is still listed as 10/24!

Gomezfan69
10-25-11, 03:49 PM
How hard would it have been to put the names of the movies on the discs?

The movie titles are written in small lettering along the bottom edge of each disc. The Superman set was the same way.