Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Whats up with USPS,lately?

dvd-4-life
05-27-11, 05:48 PM
So far this month,I'm missing 2 bills,a priority mail package has sat at a post office 200 miles away from the last 11 days and today at 5am my package was delivered to my local post office and sat there for 5 1/2 hrs and wasn't loaded onto the truck for delivery. Plus over the last few months,they have sat on packages for three days,refusing to deliver them. They left a postal center about 25 miles away and disappeared for three days before showing up at my door. Not a very good track record for USPS.

bse
05-27-11, 06:03 PM
I'm having better service then ever before both sending mail and receiving mail.

EdTheRipper
05-27-11, 07:04 PM
It sounds more like your particular post office as opposed to USPS as a whole. Personally, I have no problems whatsoever with the USPS. Everything is arriving when they're supposed to.

ResIpsa
05-28-11, 11:34 PM
Perhaps someone went on vacation at your local post office. My office mail service gets like that whenever our usual carrier is on vacation or off work.

jpb07
06-02-11, 05:16 PM
Oddly our mail delivery is 10x better when our usual mailman goes on vacation. It was irritating at first to have him first deliver at 3 while his sub was here at 11, however I ended up not making a big deal out of it. I think some accomodation was being made to his work hours since I heard from the sub that the guy has cancer. Point being that the USPS is not some machine that isn't affected when a key person is missing. If you want a machine, go with UPS or FEDEX. I could set my watch to the delivery times of either of them.

spainlinx0
06-07-11, 03:32 PM
I had a package that was out for delivery yesterday. The package never came, and the tracking wasn't updated until 1:07PM today, saying it was delivered. Hopefully, it is there when I get home. It was the first time I noticed having this problem with them.

conscience
06-13-11, 11:13 AM
I ordered some stuff from GoHastings on the 28th of May and one of the items I have yet to receive. Hastings says it could take 10 business days before a package shows up (rarely has it ever taken that long) so I waited anyway just in case. Today was the 10th business day and still no blu. Called up Hastings and they said they had a tracking number (I didn't even know they did tracking numbers...) saying it was delivered and for me to call USPS and see what's up. I called USPS and they gave me a case number and would get back to me.

I decided to call Hastings back and get the tracking numbers for the other two items that I did receive and I checked their tracking info. Both were delivered the same day as the missing blu was supposedly delivered, but they were delivered to my mailbox an hour and 15 minutes BEFORE the missing blu was "delivered".

Hmmm.

I called USPS back and gave them the additional info. I'm pretty steamed because the pessimist in me knows they'll pull the "second delivery" excuse since the CSR brought it up to me. Such bull.

I am supposed to hear back within two days.

This is actually the first time I've had a lost package at this address and I get a lot of individual packages.

What normally takes place if for some shocking reason USPS says they are at fault. Am I looking at getting my money back? What?

Nth Power
06-20-11, 10:58 AM
I received a package notice the other day from the post office, but I wasn't expecting anything. I went to pick it up and it was a couple DVDs I ordered...from 2008!

I remember back then, I had received a package notice and they said they couldn't find my package. It was a decent sized box too, so I don't imagine it could be too hard to miss. Better late than never, I guess?