Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'American Graffiti' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read DVD Savant's DVD review of American Graffiti at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=49072 and...I salute Glenn for his fantastic review! Indeed, Blu-ray.com's review, specifically the reviewer's take on the film itself, is way off base. It's no accident that 'AG' is listed in AFI's top 100 films. I remember seeing AG for the first time in theaters back in 73' as an 18-year old, and altho I didn't experience the early 60's as a teenager, AG was so skillfully executed that I could instantly & vicariously identify with & experience the events depicted on that fun night. I also remember when AG played continuously for over a year in the urban market theaters! Here in Alberta, some individual(s) had tried to recreate the 'chain to the police car axle' stunt a few months after the movie's premiere, which made national headlines. AG remains my favorite Lucas film, and I'm happy to see this review's more positive impressions on the PQ. And even tho a new 5.1 track was not created for the bd, the dvd's 2.0 Dolby Surround track actually featured some fairly active rear channel engagement w/plenty of music and ambient street noises spilling to the rear & sides. Thanks for the review, and I'll be celebrating the bd release with a bottle of 'Old Harpers'