Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Parks and Recreation -- 1 Hour Season Finale -- "The Bubble/Li'l Sebastian" -- 5/19/1

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Parks and Recreation -- 1 Hour Season Finale -- "The Bubble/Li'l Sebastian" -- 5/19/1

Old 05-19-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-30

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
Everyone in the office is unhappy when Chris (Rob Lowe) decides to make some big changes in the parks department -- especially Tom (Aziz Ansari) who starts to question his career choices. Leslie (Amy Poehler) is caught off guard when Ben (Adam Scott) has a meeting with her mom.

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and the parks team put together a memorial service for a dearly departed friend. Meanwhile, Tom (Aziz Ansari) makes a big life decision, while Chris (Rob Lowe) reacts badly to a health problem.

Episodes 15/16 of 16
Old 05-19-11, 02:46 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Re: Parks and Recreation -- 1 Hour Season Finale -- "The Bubble/Li'l Sebastian" -- 5/

This season was way too short...hopefully NBC doesn't make the same mistake next year.
Old 05-19-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Re: Parks and Recreation -- 1 Hour Season Finale -- "The Bubble/Li'l Sebastian" -- 5/

Originally Posted by Geofferson
This season was way too short...hopefully NBC doesn't make the same mistake next year.
You can thank Will Arnett's potent sperm for that. Hopefully Amy uses protection this offseason.
Old 05-19-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait..one of the episodes is called "Li'l Sebastian"? Gonna be effing awesome!
Old 05-19-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I love the potential for Ron in the second episode.
Old 05-19-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In the meantime....

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JS_XMrtwIsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-19-11, 04:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

16 episodes, really? Outsourced got 22 episodes on a whim and this gets only 16? At least we got to watch them without any breaks...but still, for being a consistently great show that has proven it's worth, 16 seems too low.

This show just makes me smile and feel good so I can't wait for tonight!
Old 05-19-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VmhohRXn_LY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-19-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Li'l Sebastian", always gold!

Still laugh out loud when I think of Ben - "I don't get it. At all. It's kind of a small horse, I mean what am I missing? Am I crazy?"
Old 05-19-11, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
"Li'l Sebastian", always gold!
How can you say Li'l Sebastian is always gold when he's only appeared in one episode previous to this one?
Old 05-19-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by windom
How can you say Li'l Sebastian is always gold when he's only appeared in one episode previous to this one?
And he was gold. So it's a factual statement.
Old 05-19-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by windom
He is literally gold in every episode he's in!
Old 05-19-11, 05:36 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

I wish Ron Swanson was my dad.
Old 05-19-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Still laugh out loud when I think of Ben - "I don't get it. At all. It's kind of a small horse, I mean what am I missing? Am I crazy?"
Yeah, Adam Scott really proved how valuable he is to the show in that episode. His reaction to everyone in the town's reaction was priceless.
Old 05-19-11, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony
He is litrally gold in every episode he's in!
Fixed to Chris Traeger (Rob Lowe) speak.
Old 05-19-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im still laughing from last weeks Ron dance and that other dude saying "Babba-booey" That face he makes after looks JUST like my buddy when hes wasted and thinks hes being cool.
Old 05-19-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ron in the swivel chair/desk cracked me up. Did that lady actually come to the Parks Department to complain that she got sick from drinking the water after she read a sign that said not to drink the water?

That guy that came into the records office and smashed the coffee pot () looked familiar.

They really did a good job casting Leslie's mom; I didn't realize it until Pamela Reed and Amy Poehler both tilted their heads and smiled, but they look a lot alike in the face.

Tom: "Stop laughing Murial." (I don'y know why, but I lost it when he said that)

I really love how positive and appreciative Andy is for everything in his life. It's refreshing to see a character like that.

I continue to be impressed at how the writers introduce and resolve conflicts. So many of the changes Chris instituted were bound to fail, but he meant well in implementing them. I like that Ron knows his employees so well and that he took one for the team; when he started talking to Chris, it was obvious that's where it was headed, but it still was a great conclusion to the storyline.

Last edited by kstublen; 05-19-11 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-19-11, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jean-Ralphio: "Listen man, I need you on this. I can't do it without you.
Tom: I dunno. I'd have to quit my job."
Jean-Ralphio: "Okay, I'll do it without you."

That sucks about Li'l Sebastian; I was looking forward to seeing more gleeful reactions from people. But, I loved Ron being excited about some person dying, then losing it when he learned Li'l Sebastian died.

Leslie's reaction to giving Jerry the wrong memo, chanting "cubed butt," was fantastic. You could tell Ron knew what was up though.
Old 05-19-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 118 Posts

I hope you brought a change of clothes because you're about to piss tears...

Old 05-19-11, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a testament to how effectively they established the entire town's love for Li'l Sebastian in the Harvest Festival episode that I totally believe the entire town would have come together to plan this huge tribute to a small horse.

Ron: "I would think if you knew one thing about me, it's that I prefer laying wreaths to lighting torches."

Am I the only one who immediately thought that Ron might have lost his mustache when the flames went up?
Old 05-19-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little...62360723817830
Old 05-19-11, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 118 Posts

Whadda block Detlef!
Old 05-19-11, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I couldn't stop laughing at Ron after the fire. Nice to see Megan Mullally back again. Loved that she is scared of Tammy 1. I was really hoping we'd get to see her, but I guess that'll have to wait until next season.

Nice to see the Detlef Schrempf return for a cameo.

I love how Andy thought asking April to be his manager was a bigger deal than asking her to marry him.

A lot of interesting developments this episode: Tom quitting and starting a business with Jean-Ralphio; Leslie potentially running for political office; a roadblock for Leslie and Ben's relationship; the return of another of Ron's ex-wives; Mouse Rat actually becoming more of a legit band; Chris re-considering a relationship with Anne.

If Leslie runs for Mayor next season maybe we'll get to see the current Mayor and they'll secure Bill Murray as a guest star. That would be awesome.

---

A great end to a perfect season. Seriously, this is without a doubt my favorite show that's currently on the air. They need to get the DVD out a.s.a.p. as I want to revisit the whole season again soon.
Old 05-19-11, 10:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

I loved Ron spinning in the chair with the old woman running around the desk
Old 05-19-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

So many great moments. The Detlef block was the perfect capper to the episode. I loved it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.