Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Horror Film Club (May 30th) - Primal

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Primal (2010)

IMDB | Trailer | Review

NETFLIX WATCH INSTANTLY LINK

Selected by brianluvdvd

SYNOPSIS:
Spoiler:
Horror fans, get ready to celebrate the return of Ozploitation! When six friends go camping in the beautiful but forbidding outback of Australia, it turns into a hunting trip; and they're the prey.
One friend goes skinny dipping and awakens something deadly, something evil, something primal.
Soon friend is turning against friend in director Josh Reed's witty and scary nightmare that features a sexy cast of rising Australian stars falling under the curse of the evil that lies within.
Like Cabin Fever, it's a classic chiller that will make you glad you stayed home.

FUN FACTS
Josh Reed made the 12,000 year time-lapse sequence at the beginning of the film by individually photoshopping almost 300 frames.
If you go through frame by frame you can see Josh buried to his neck in one frame towards the end, and his daughter, Ch'aska, peeking out from behind a tree in another frame.

Lux Interior, of The Cramps, died a month before Primal started shooting.
Director Josh Reed and costume designer Emily Schulz made a "RIP LUX" tee shirt which Warren wears throughout the film in his honor.

Spoiler tags are unnecessary in discussion threads, so if you have yet to see the film BEWARE OF SPOILERS.

HFC HOME

Old 05-18-11, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Horror Film Club (May 30th) - Primal

I watched this movie on a whim a month or so ago when it came across as a new Netflix streaming release.

I fucking loved this movie. Low budget but good effects and parts that really get under your skin. I will have to watch it again to give a new review since almost every movie I watch slips from my brain about a week after I watch it.