Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

which movie is this?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

which movie is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which movie is this?

early to mid 1980's i saw some movie on network TV that i remember i liked but can't remember the name. i thought it was one of the king arthur movies, but haven't found one yet with the one scene i remember.

it's a medieval setting and a castle is close to a beach or near the water. the enemy tries to take the castle but fails. in the end a huge enemy army comes and there is a battle. the king/main character is shot with an arrow but survives. the enemy thinks he is killed. when they try to storm the castle again he rides out with the arrow in his chest to demoralize the enemy. pretty sure he dies at the end
Old 05-18-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: which movie is this?

Originally Posted by al_bundy
early to mid 1980's i saw some movie on network TV that i remember i liked but can't remember the name. i thought it was one of the king arthur movies, but haven't found one yet with the one scene i remember.

it's a medieval setting and a castle is close to a beach or near the water. the enemy tries to take the castle but fails. in the end a huge enemy army comes and there is a battle. the king/main character is shot with an arrow but survives. the enemy thinks he is killed. when they try to storm the castle again he rides out with the arrow in his chest to demoralize the enemy. pretty sure he dies at the end
Sounds like EL CID (1961), with Charlton Heston.
Old 05-18-11, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Sounds like EL CID (1961), with Charlton Heston.
Sounds very much like it, except
Spoiler:
El Cid (Heston) is actually dead, his troops strap him upright to his horse and send it galloping out onto the battlefield. The enemy thinks he has miraculously survived and are so demoralized they retreat.
Old 05-18-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

that's it, remember it now after watching clips on youtube. after 30 years it got a bit hazy whether he was dead or looked dead