Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Last Hero in China vd Deadly China Hero

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-11, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Hero in China vd Deadly China Hero

I have the deadly china hero version and recently bought last hero in china(Universe). I bought it on Amazon and wanted to make sure I got the real last hero in china. The box it came in said the movie was 112 minutes. When I played the movie it was 107 minutes. The movie i just bought does have two audio tracks the cantonese and mandarin. Does anyone have this movie and can verify what the actual time of the movie was. Are their any specific scenes to look for to ensure that it is last hero in china and not deadly china heroe. Thanks
Old 05-19-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts
Re: Last Hero in China vd Deadly China Hero

Your Universe edition is fine. To my recollection, the DEADLY CHINA HERO atrocity was never released in Hong Kong, where your Universe DVD is from. The Universe DVD is indeed the proper LAST HERO IN CHINA. I've only ever known the 107 minute version of the film, and am fine with it. The old U.K. DVD was, according to online retailer listings, 111 minutes, and the old World Vision U.S. edition claimed 110 minutes, likewise according to online listings. I haven't seen either, nor have I seen many reviews where anyone bothered to check to see if the actual run time matched the package (one BBC review of the U.K. disc posted 109 minutes). At the very least, your two discs are significantly different, and the DEADLY CHINA HERO should never have been watched. As with far too many Hong Kong movies, your odds of finding a definitive edition are increasingly low. In all likelihood, Universe copied the run time on their packaging from some online source, further perpetuating the confusion.