Old 05-09-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,699 Likes on 2,659 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- "Ua Hiki Mai Kapalena Pau" -- 5/09/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-05-02

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
With the invaluable information that was shared by Agent Jenna Kaye, Five-0 is closer than ever to capturing Wo Fat. Their mission takes an abrupt turn, however, when Danny is exposed to a lethal neurological agent that presents an even greater threat: bio-terrorism on the island.

Episode 23 of 24

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lVmljgQKxRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-09-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O -- "Ua Hiki Mai Kapalena Pau" -- 5/09/11

Good episode tonight and it appears that next week's finale will close/change a lot of the subplots. They brought almost all the season's subplots to the front again in this episode.
Old 05-10-11, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,699 Likes on 2,659 Posts

I thought this was a good episode.

I'm glad they didn't drag out the whole stolen money situation with Chin and now there is closure with it. Interesting that IA was playing Chin the entire time.

The Sarin attack storyline was predictable, but I liked seeing Danny with his daughter and I was a little surprised to see him bond with his Ex. I didn't realize that her marriage was over/close to being over.

I liked bringing back Sang Min as part of this Wo Fat arc. I just hope the writers don't feel pressured to wrap everything up with Wo Fat next week in the Finale and going into the premiere for next season. I like having him as a recurring arch nemesis to Steve. I know H5o is a procedural, but they have done a good job tying some serialized story arcs into the season.

I'm getting a feeling that Agent Jenna Kaye might become a permanent member of the 5-O team in the future. I'd rather it be her than Sean Combs.
Old 05-10-11, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts

Kind of a weird plot involving the Sarin. I thought maybe it would somehow be tied in with Wo Fat, but the interrogation (if you call it that) where Chin and McGarrett pretty much give the secretary a plausible story seemed off.

Good closure for the money and Chin. Took care of that quickly. And you'd think it would be just a bit more difficult to get into Five-0 HQ with anyone just waltzing in.

I still think at some point Danno will say, "Hey Steve, when the hell are you going to get your own car and stop driving mine?!"
Old 05-10-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts

Fun episode. Not much to discuss really, it's just a solid popcorn show.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I still think at some point Danno will say, "Hey Steve, when the hell are you going to get your own car and stop driving mine?!"
They kind-of addressed it with Diddy. Danno said something like be prepared to surrender his car to McGarrett if he ever joined the team.
Old 05-10-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts

Can they not get the budget any bigger or get Chevy to give Steve his own Camaro? Especially after showcasing the dashboard functions of the Cruze last episode?

And wow.. no product placement this episode?! I don't think Kamekona was even wearing his Waiola Shave Ice shirt.
Old 05-10-11, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at Kono taking out the guy with a garbage can lid.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm getting a feeling that Agent Jenna Kaye might become a permanent member of the 5-O team in the future.
I like her, but I'm afraid she would just cut into Kono's screentime. If she does join, bikini scenes should be a mandatory part of her contract.
Old 05-10-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I like her, but I'm afraid she would just cut into Kono's screentime. If she does join, bikini scenes should be a mandatory part of her contract.
I would be OK with that! I've always thought Larisa Oleynik was cute (although I prefer her with longer hair). It's nice to see her again.

Old 05-10-11, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts

The longer hair is an improvement.
Old 05-11-11, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 623 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
at Kono taking out the guy with a garbage can lid.
It seems like there's a scene each week where a character uses something like that to take out a bad dude in a chase.
Old 05-11-11, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 455 Likes on 313 Posts

Someone should make a video montage. Just off the top of my head, there's the garbage can lid this week, the hibachi coals a couple weeks ago, another beach chase a couple months ago where McGarrett clotheslined a guy. I think there was another one early in the season where Kono had a nice roundhouse takedown around a corner. Oh, and then there was the one where Danno took down that guy on the motorbike during the marathon with some item, a cooler, I think?