Old 05-05-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Parks and Recreation -- "Eagleton" -- 5/05/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-30

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When the neighboring city of Eagleton puts up a fence around one of their parks, Leslie (Amy Poehler) must get her former best friend (guest star Parker Posey) to take it down. Meanwhile, Ron (Nick Offerman) tries to stop Leslie from planning a birthday party for him.

Episode 12 of 16

FYI, NBC is going to air 2 episodes on May 12 and 19 to wrap up the season.
Old 05-05-11, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Parks and Recreation -- "Eagleton" -- 5/05/11

FYI, NBC is going to air 2 episodes on May 12 and 19 to wrap up the season.
SWEET!

Hopefully next season this will get the 24 episodes.
Old 05-05-11, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
SWEET!

Hopefully next season this will get the 24 episodes.
Yeah I hope so too. I think the only reason the season was cut short was because of Amy's pregnancy last year.
Old 05-05-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the guest star.
Old 05-05-11, 09:03 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Loved the look on Ron's face after Chris kissed him
Old 05-05-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was a really great episode. I was sort of distracted, so I need to watch it again to pick up on some of the smaller things, but I do that every week for Parks And Recreation regardless.

I love me some Parker Posey. Her character was a great foil for Leslie and I hope we see her again. Also, it's about time Pawnee got a rival city; it's great that Pawnee is so poor compared to Eagleton. The juxtaposition of the different towns' jails was great.

Leslie: "But in my defense, I think assault should be legal if the other person is a jerk."

Andy yelling, "Trash fight!" and then hitting Tom and knocking him over.

Leslie losing it over Parker giving waffles to the dog and then tackling her was great.

Ron being so worried about what Leslie was going to do for his birthday that he just hid out in his office all night and didn't even go home, lol.

On another note, I loved the ending. It was great to see Leslie take a bad situation and turn it into something positive for both towns. I like that they've made her into this well-meaning, hard-working individual and shown that she can really get the job done. It was just such a nice way to end the episode; this show has done a great job of coming up with logical solutions to problems. And then her moment with Ron in the end was touching as well.
Old 05-05-11, 11:41 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

GARBAGE FIGHT!!!

Ron's storyline was sheer perfection. His conversation with Anne was the one of the best moments of the season.
Old 05-06-11, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Ron Swanson story, is an automatic win. His facial expressions made the episode for me.

Old 05-06-11, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at Ron having his birthdate redacted on all govt documents.

Andy hitting Tom with the trash bag was hilarious. Another great ep.

I like the little running joke how no one ever shakes Ben's hand.
Old 05-06-11, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Loved the look on Ron's face after Chris kissed him
that look and the look of him eating the steak at the very end were great.
Old 05-06-11, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ruddiger_718
Any Ron Swanson story, is an automatic win. His facial expressions made the episode for me.
SERIOUSLY---When Anne said she got her face painted like a "tiger fairy," the look on Ron's face was pure gold. Also when he heard April asking about "neon-colored gangster hats." Soooooooo funny...
Old 05-06-11, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts

April on the phone and messing with Ron was probably my favorite moment of a great episode.

I also laughed out loud at the Eagleton meeting gift bags (there's an iPod touch in here!). Plus, they managed to wrap it up in a way that made complete sense and had a lot of heart. I also appreciated that it wasn't this unrealistic and elaborate ballpark they built with no money. It was just a piece of fence, some benches and some bases. Really brought a smile to my face to see them all working together.
Old 05-06-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
On another note, I loved the ending. It was great to see Leslie take a bad situation and turn it into something positive for both towns. I like that they've made her into this well-meaning, hard-working individual and shown that she can really get the job done. It was just such a nice way to end the episode; this show has done a great job of coming up with logical solutions to problems. And then her moment with Ron in the end was touching as well.
Originally Posted by Deftones
that look and the look of him eating the steak at the very end were great.
Did anyone else catch the EXTRA little touch for Ron's dinner? Leslie also got his a steak bib from Mulligan's - his favorite restaurant Charles Mulligan's Steak House which he discovered had been shut down by the health department in the "Indianapolis" episode. That detail really pushed it over the top for me.
Old 05-06-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Did anyone else catch the EXTRA little touch for Ron's dinner? Leslie also got his a steak bib from Mulligan's - his favorite restaurant Charles Mulligan's Steak House which he discovered had been shut down by the health department in the "Indianapolis" episode. That detail really pushed it over the top for me.
Didn't notice that. Nice catch!
Old 05-06-11, 09:48 AM

This was my favorite episode of the season so far. Individually, every episode has been good, but collectively I've been getting a little tired of so much focus on dating and who likes who. I thought Season 2 did a better job of balancing the relationship plots with work-related storylines.

But last night was pure gold. The final scenes with Ron were hilarious and quite touching. Something about that little row of steak dipping sauces just killed me.
Old 05-06-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

My favorite Ron Swanson moment ever:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VmhohRXn_LY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-06-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I've heard mention of Eagleton before this episode(or am I wrong)? But I don't recall Pawnee sharing a border with another town before..So if they just pulled that out for this episode that's kinda cheesy. Since this is a show about city govt I figure we'd hear about it all the time. Just a nitpick that may not be warranted if I've just not picked up on it before.
Old 05-06-11, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shady12
I think I've heard mention of Eagleton before this episode(or am I wrong)? But I don't recall Pawnee sharing a border with another town before..So if they just pulled that out for this episode that's kinda cheesy. Since this is a show about city govt I figure we'd hear about it all the time. Just a nitpick that may not be warranted if I've just not picked up on it before.
I also remember Eagleton being mentioned before.
Old 05-06-11, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
This was a really great episode. I was sort of distracted, so I need to watch it again to pick up on some of the smaller things, but I do that every week for Parks And Recreation regardless.

I love me some Parker Posey. Her character was a great foil for Leslie and I hope we see her again. Also, it's about time Pawnee got a rival city; it's great that Pawnee is so poor compared to Eagleton. The juxtaposition of the different towns' jails was great.

Leslie: "But in my defense, I think assault should be legal if the other person is a jerk."

Andy yelling, "Trash fight!" and then hitting Tom and knocking him over.

Leslie losing it over Parker giving waffles to the dog and then tackling her was great.

Ron being so worried about what Leslie was going to do for his birthday that he just hid out in his office all night and didn't even go home, lol.

I loved those quotes and I loved Leslie impersonating Lindsay with "Nor I".
Old 05-06-11, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I saw that and it made me think that she drove to Indianapolis to grab steak for Ron, but that place was shut down, but the sauces were way too elaborate for a home-cooked meal.
Old 05-06-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grifter
I saw that and it made me think that she drove to Indianapolis to grab steak for Ron, but that place was shut down, but the sauces were way too elaborate for a home-cooked meal.
Didn't Ron have a bib from there that he kept in his office? I think I remember in that Indy episode prior to them going there he grabbed the bib from his office. Maybe she used that bib and just got a steak from another one of his favorites.
Old 05-06-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I happened to flip by this and watched it for the first time.

Is it always this good? This was funny stuff.

Parker Posey is fantastic in anything.
Old 05-06-11, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
I happened to flip by this and watched it for the first time.

Parker Posey is fantastic in anything.
The first season was a bit uneven as they were still working out the characters, but season 2 and this one have been excellent. I think it's all up on Netflix streaming, so go and catch up!
Old 05-06-11, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
First season was terrible, but the show really found its groove pretty early in the second season and quickly became one of my favorite shows on right now.
Old 05-07-11, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

^ I disagree. Season one was good, but it was only 6 episodes so it was very uneven like FinkPish said.
Season 2 and 3 however are fantastic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.