Old 05-04-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Justified -- Season Finale -- "Bloody Harlan" -- 5/04/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-02-08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
War has broken out in Harlan between Boyd and the Bennetts, and Raylan's caught up in it as he searches for a missing person

Episode 13 of 13

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_0saof3RR5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks nuts, can't wait.
Old 05-04-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified -- Season Finale -- "Bloody Harlan" -- 5/04/11

This whole damn season flew by way, way too fast. I have enjoyed it immensely-much more than season 1.
Old 05-04-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
This whole damn season flew by way, way too fast. I have enjoyed it immensely-much more than season 1.
Which is amazing because season 1 stepped it up pretty quickly!

So sad to see it go, but can't wait until 10 to see season 2 go out with a bang.
Old 05-04-11, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait to see this so I can see how the season ends. At the same time, I'm sad to see if coming to an end. Every episode has been incredible.
Old 05-04-11, 09:50 PM

I don't know what they have planned for the closing, but I could just cry at how awesomely this show is put together/executed.

Spoiler:
Unless something happens in the next 10, it looks great for season 3. (Well, there might be that one mediocre development we learned about tonight. I don't see that making things better.)
Old 05-04-11, 09:52 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

Damn, Tim Gutterson is the man!
Old 05-04-11, 09:57 PM

I hope this doesn't end the way I think it will.

Last edited by Shamus McAnally; 05-04-11 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Damnit!, the one time I'm right.
Old 05-04-11, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I forget which thread it was I suggested I thought Mags was a goner and we might get to see Dickie again, but I am proud to say I nailed it. I also knew right when she pulled the glasses from different places (Raylan's on the hutch and hers in the cupboard below) that she was going to poison herself.

Did Raylan kill anyone this season?
Old 05-04-11, 10:05 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Well, I forget which thread it was I suggested I thought Mags was a goner and we might get to see Dickie again, but I am proud to say I nailed it. I also knew right when she pulled the glasses from different places (Raylan's on the hutch and hers in the cupboard below) that she was going to poison herself.

Did Raylan kill anyone this season?
Besides Coover?
Old 05-04-11, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing finale. Sorry to see Mags gone. Wonder what will become of Dickie. Will he actually get to court or have an "accident"?

Doug
Old 05-04-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. What an episode. I was hoping they'd end the season with "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" just like last season.
Old 05-04-11, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Amazing finale. Sorry to see Mags gone. Wonder what will become of Dickie. Will he actually get to court or have an "accident"?

Doug
And how much will Boyd hold it against Raylan that he didn't get Dickie back? That's got to play in to tensions next year, I'd think.
Old 05-04-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking that Boyd and Raylan are going to be even more cautious frenemies.

Doug
Old 05-04-11, 10:45 PM

I really dislike the Winona/Raylan relationship and was sadly disappointed that she's not exiting the show. Otherwise, this season was fantastic and I loved the finale. I was just hoping Winona was going to take a terminal bullet.
Old 05-04-11, 10:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

Next season should be interesting now that Boyd is unopposed and can do what he wants now that Maggs is dead. Since they didn't kill him I hope Dickie is back at some point.

I really wouldn't mind if they killed off Ava, her character is worthless now.
Old 05-04-11, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Besides Coover?
That gets into some interesting questions about how Coover died, doesn't it? Seemed to me Raylan winged him and he fell to his death.
Old 05-05-11, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was fantastic. Hated to see Mags go out, but she had the stones to go out like sent others out. Style to the end. What a season.

Yeah the cardboard that is Winona just needs to leave the show. The writers need to write that off as a failed relationship attempt. There is literally no chemistry and that actress is a zombie.

Small issue with a 7.62 round hitting Raylan there and him walking around? Not possible. I know that's a bit technical, but an AK at that range to that area and he was down.
Old 05-05-11, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great end to a great second season. Can't wait to revisit the show once it hits Blu-ray.

I really can't imagine a more satisfying ending to the season. Everything with the Bennetts was pretty much wrapped up. Raylan got a bit of revenge by telling Mags the only son she really cared about had died (you could sense the enjoyment he got out of delivering that news) and she went out in a fitting manner. It didn't surprise me once she got the glasses that she was going to kill herself, but I give her credit for at least being willing to die the way she had killed others. I'm glad that Loretta got closure and hopefully she can live a well-adjusted life now that she knows Mags is gone. I thought the scene where she shot Mags in the leg was funny too; I'm glad they didn't go with the cliched slow walk ending with Mags getting the gun.

I loved the scene with Raylan, Boyd, and Dickie. Very well done and it was cool to have them all on screen at the same time.

I, like the rest of you it seems, can't stand Winona. She is just dead weight, with no spark as an actress and zero chemistry with Timothy Olyphant. I was actually surprised they confirmed the pregnancy tonight though, since I thought it was pretty clear she was pregnant earlier on. I don't know what they're going to do with that relationship though; it troubles me, because that could easily ruin next season. She is so selfish too; telling Raylan not to worry about some kid who he promised to protect. I feel like if the pregnancy wasn't there, that might have caused him to just say forget it, but he can't just walk away from his kid.

I really think they need to have Raylan and Art sit down and address their issues. At first I thought they were sort of friends, but now it's like Art doesn't really even like Raylan all that much. They sorta cleared the air earlier, but I just feel like it hasn't really been resolved and hopefully in the third season they can get to that.

Tim is awesome. It was great seeing Doyle finally get what he deserved.

I'm sure Ava is going to live. I like her character, so it'd be a shame if she did die, but I could see that being even more of a catalyst for Boyd in the next season if she did die. That whole beginning of the episode, with Mags planning an ambush and Boyd being prepared was great. Nice editing trick on the promos to make it look like Johnny was inside the house when it blew up.
Old 05-05-11, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts

When Raylan took that first sip - the face he made - I thought he was being poisoned... but knew there was no way they'd explain keeping him alive.

Great season. So glad I hooked up to this band-wagon.
Old 05-05-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Good finale. Nice head shot to Doyle! Funny how the only one left standing was Dickie. I'm sure Boyd will be really pissed about not getting Dickie back. Sort of a cliffhanger with Ava, since we don't know if she made it.
Old 05-05-11, 10:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I think by taking Dickie into custody instead of letting Boyd have him, Raylan has disrespected Ava for the third time.
Old 05-05-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think by taking Dickie into custody instead of letting Boyd have him, Raylan has disrespected Ava for the third time.
Agreed. I didn't think it was necessary to have Dickie with him when he approached the Bennett house; he was there for the girl and he got shot anyways... but it should make for a nice plot point next season.
Old 05-05-11, 04:44 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by kstublen
I, like the rest of you it seems, can't stand Winona. She is just dead weight, with no spark as an actress and zero chemistry with Timothy Olyphant. I was actually surprised they confirmed the pregnancy tonight though, since I thought it was pretty clear she was pregnant earlier on. I don't know what they're going to do with that relationship though; it troubles me, because that could easily ruin next season. She is so selfish too; telling Raylan not to worry about some kid who he promised to protect. I feel like if the pregnancy wasn't there, that might have caused him to just say forget it, but he can't just walk away from his kid.

At least they left an "out" for Winona - she did say that if Raylan went back to Harlan to go after Loretta, she might "not be there to pick up after work".
Old 05-05-11, 04:48 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

When Winona confessed her pregnancy, I would have bet money that she'd be dead by the end of the episode. Seems many of you don't like the character, but I won't complain since she's so easy on the eyes.
I wish there had been more resolution to Eva getting shot. I'm assuming the doctor took care of her, but they never did actually show it.
Otherwise, fantastic finale to a fantastic season!
Old 05-05-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty great post mortem with Graham Yost over on TVGuide....

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Justifie...t-1032713.aspx

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
When Winona confessed her pregnancy, I would have bet money that she'd be dead by the end of the episode.
Same here. Especially with them setting him up to leave. He had absolutely no reason to still stick around, but them setting the table with Winona and having her get offed would sure open that door back up. Sadly, it did not happen. And yes I mean sadly.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.