Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Maybe I'm stupid....?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Maybe I'm stupid....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Maybe I'm stupid....?

This is a message sent to me by an ebay member...

"Coulda, shoulda, woulda.
Here's an idea.
Next time your incompetence earns you a bad feedback, instead of being a 4 year old and dangling the "you might have got a refund" garbage, just lose the 5 bucks and hope for the best.

I was stupid enough to use you to try and fill in an order of my own.
Your "honest mistake" cost me $20."

I listed a bunch of used DVDs on half.com recently and one of them I accidentally marked as new. Anyway, the buyer went staright to the negative feedback, didnt try contacting me first. I sent him an email apologizing telling him it was an honest mistake and that my 98% feedback should show that and if he wouldve contacted me about it first I wouldve issued him a refund AND let him keep the disc.

His response makes no sense to me. It's been a long day so maybe thats why. Can anyone make sense from the "losing the 5 bucks and hope for the best" statement or how my honest mistake cost him $20?? (i'm assuming someone ordered the same DVD from him (but new) which he bought from me to sell")
BTW, the DVD I sold him was 75 cents lol.
Old 05-03-11, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
Re: Maybe I'm stupid....?

The second part about the $20 was him reselling your disc (probably also listed it as new before he received it).
Old 05-03-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks like he bought from you, and tried to resell it before actually receiving it, on amazon or half or ebay. Reseller. Screw him.
I guess he was meaning "just send me the refund and let me keep the disk" by the 'lose five bucks' comment.
Old 05-04-11, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Looks like he bought from you, and tried to resell it before actually receiving it, on amazon or half or ebay. Reseller. Screw him.
I guess he was meaning "just send me the refund and let me keep the disk" by the 'lose five bucks' comment.
Well, thats what I told him I wouldve done if he contacted me. Told him I wouldve issued a refund and let him keep the disc.

Apparently, he was insulted by this because he just sent me another msg saying "when people say what couldve happened, it makes them sound like a pussy". LOL. So, I reported him.
Old 05-04-11, 07:39 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
just a joke

You sell on ebay, so I think that answers your question.
Old 05-04-11, 03:51 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I accidentally switched two packages. One was a book I sold for $1, the other was a dvd box set which I sold for $15. When I realized my mistake I instantly refunded both parties all of their money and told them to keep the items. The guy who got the dvds instead of the crappy $1 book went nuts. Told me I did want to sell him the book, that I was screwing him somehow and threatened to kill me. I reported him to Ebay and he got suspended. As soon as he came back he left me a negative feedback. I then went to Ebay to dispute it because it wasn't justified because I did everything I was supposed to and more and I had 100% positive going back 8 years. They told me they wouldn't do anything for me, and that was the last time I sold anything on Ebay.
Old 05-05-11, 01:22 AM

Re: just a joke

Originally Posted by Trevor
actually, it was half.com.
They REALLY should set it up so that negative feedback is not allowed to be left UNTIL it is shown that you tried to contact the seller. I have a 98% pos feedback rating and have been selling on ebay/half.com for years and listed about 400 DVDs on half at once so the fact that marking ONE DVD as new instead of used by mistake is excusable.
Old 05-05-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
actually, it was half.com.
They REALLY should set it up so that negative feedback is not allowed to be left UNTIL it is shown that you tried to contact the seller. I have a 98% pos feedback rating and have been selling on ebay/half.com for years and listed about 400 DVDs on half at once so the fact that marking ONE DVD as new instead of used by mistake is excusable.
In this case, the only thing that would have happened is that you'd get that one message and since that was him contacting the seller, he could then through in a negative.

I actually don't see a reason why he shouldn't have left a negative. Ignoring his $20 complaint and any reason on what he was going to do with it, there was a DVD listed as new and he got a used one.

If anyone ordered something new from a store and ended up getting a used copy, of course they'd be upset and there'd be no reason to leave a positive review if positive and negative were the only choices. It wasn't a positive experience.

It's not really his problem how many items you list if you're making mistakes on some of them. I'd say you were lucky he didn't file a complaint to get his money back and have to deal with that crap. It would be a no brainer since it was an inaccurate listing.

I'm not trying to attack you and I think he should have contacted you first but this is a perfect example of why listings should be double checked on that preview page before you hit submit.
Old 05-05-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Old 05-06-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not just eBay. Idiots are everywhere. I had a brutal experience selling on Amazon that I documented here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...K3ajswD&pli=1#

Knew I would be getting negative feedback (for no reason), so documented everything from the start and put a link to the above as a reply to the feedback.
Old 05-06-11, 04:57 PM

Whenever I've had a problem with a seller on ebay, i ALWAYS contact the seller first. If it isnt resolved that way, THEN I'll leave the neg feedback. IMO thats what he shouldve done.
Old 05-07-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're trying to apply logic and common sense as a standard of the outside world.

That sort of thing can't be done unless your goal is constant disappointment.
Old 05-07-11, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold a resident evil afterlife blu-ray on ebay, he messaged me back saying that it didn't work and just sat at a black screen. I then mailed him back telling him to update the firmware on his player as I know it works since I watched it on my ps3. He asks for his money back. I do the refund and tell him i want the movie back. He immediately does a "item not as described" complaint because he's too lazy to upgrade his firmware or was hoping I would let him keep it. Ebay finally said it was neither of our faults since I assume they saw my message telling him exactly what the issue was. They let him keep the disc and refunded him personally letting me keep the money, and made it impossible for him to leave a negative.

Worked out for me, but it pisses me off that he played the system and got a free movie out of it, fucking scammer.
Old 05-07-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Logic, reasoning and about 89% of the world's population don't mix.