Old 05-03-11, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Body of Proof -- "All in the Family" -- 5/03/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A perfect neighborhood in the Philadelphia suburbs is shaken when a stay-at-home dad is found stabbed to death in his home. As Megan unravels the mystery of his death and who killed him, she recalls how she learned of her own father's death. Meanwhile, Peter helps Megan juggle her biggest challenge yet, taking charge of the Saturday carpool with her hard-to-impress daughter, Lacey, and her girlfriends. Also, Kate takes on a consulting role in a pro bono case with Megan's ex-husband, Todd (Jeffrey Nordling)

Episode 7 of 13**

**2 more episodes are scheduled to air this season. I assume if this gets a 2nd season, which is almost a certainty, episodes 10-13 will probably be saved for the Fall.

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KorHWwzDo5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just finished watching episode 6 a few days ago and I enjoyed it with the exception of casting Joanna Cassidy as Megan's Mom. Way too young. The show is a very consistent and watchable weekly mystery like Crossing Jordan. I have noticed something funny that they have been rotating the cops more. Some episodes feature only Sonja Sohn and others only John Carroll Lynch instead of them together.
Old 05-04-11, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Body of Proof -- "All in the Family" -- 5/03/11

This episode had to have been aired out of sequence. They show Lacey first meeting Peter here when she seemed to be more familiar with him (as well as a warmer relationship with her mother) when she came for the school project.

And did anyone else now literally get hit in the head with the idea that Kate's new man in her life is Megan's ex? Talk about ruining it by showing everything backwards.
Old 05-04-11, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
This episode had to have been aired out of sequence. They show Lacey first meeting Peter here when she seemed to be more familiar with him (as well as a warmer relationship with her mother) when she came for the school project.

And did anyone else now literally get hit in the head with the idea that Kate's new man in her life is Megan's ex? Talk about ruining it by showing everything backwards.
Yeah I watched this tonight too and noticed that. After the school project episode a few weeks ago Lacey warmed up to her mother. This episode she was back to being cold and then meeting Peter for the 1st time threw me off. The last episode Kate was smiling while texting someone. Then Ethan came into the room and Kate got defensive about her personal life. Plus she was wearing some really sexy dresses and Megan inquired about it. I also think she might be dating Megan's ex.

Other than airing this episode out of order and probably confusing millions of people, I thought the episode was entertaining. The twist with the ex-husband being the killer was interesting and I didn't pick up on it right away. I know the show is a procedural and the mystery of the week is self contained, but there is something called character development and airing episodes out of order screws up character continuity. The Chicago Code on FOX also aired some episodes out of order this season.
Old 05-04-11, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the "Philadelphia County Medical Center" sign look CGI'd onto the side of the building to anyone else?
Old 05-04-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Does the "Philadelphia County Medical Center" sign look CGI'd onto the side of the building to anyone else?
Yeah it's 100% CG'd. The show is shot in Providence, Rhode Island.