Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Yvette Vickers RIP

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-11, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Yvette Vickers RIP

Sad to hear about her passing. She was a great B-actress. I remember watching her films with my mummy...er mommy. She will be missed.

Mummified body of former Playboy playmate Yvette Vickers found in her Benedict Canyon home

Yvette Vickers, an early Playboy playmate whose credits as a B-movie actress included such cult films as “Attack of the 50-Foot Woman” and “Attack of the Giant Leeches,” was found dead last week at her Benedict Canyon home. Her body appears to have gone undiscovered for months, police said.

Vickers, 82, had not been seen for a long time. A neighbor discovered her body in an upstairs room of her Westwanda Drive home on April 27. Its mummified state suggests she could have been dead for close to a year, police said.

Old 05-02-11, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Yvette Vickers RIP

wow....
Old 05-02-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's pretty sad that she might have been dead for a year and no one really cared enough to miss her or check in on her.
Old 05-03-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
It's pretty sad that she might have been dead for a year and no one really cared enough to miss her or check in on her.
Or maybe somebody did find out, but he wanted to bang a Playmate so badly that he didn't mention it to anyone. Did you ever think of that?
Old 05-03-11, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Or maybe somebody did find out, but he wanted to bang a Playmate so badly that he didn't mention it to anyone. Did you ever think of that?
Didn't the smell of rotting flesh bother you?
Old 05-03-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sick dude, have some respect.
Old 05-03-11, 01:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way she died is so completely depressing.
Old 05-03-11, 04:50 AM

I've never heard of her!
Old 05-03-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by valkyrie
Sick dude, have some respect.
Whatever you do, dude, never step into Otter.
Old 05-03-11, 10:43 AM
Banned

or politics
Old 05-03-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't Otter.
Old 05-03-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D.
The way she died is so completely depressing.
Agreed. To think that she had no one in her life that was concerned about her to check in is sad.

I wonder how many others are out there, right now, dead like this?
Old 05-03-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I wonder how many others are out there, right now, dead like this?
I know of three.
Old 05-03-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A more recent pic

Old 05-03-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Very sad...she was great and sexy in Attack of the 50 foot Woman and Attack of the Giant Leeches.
Old 05-03-11, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar
A more recent pic

Recent, as in taken when they discovered the body? Yeesh!
Old 05-03-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's your lesson women... spread that ass around when you're young and hot, make lots of grateful friends with it, then don't get all old and ugly, and someone will hang around so you don't die alone and forgotten, and mummify in your own home.
Old 05-04-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

man you guys sure are insensitive to be posting the lame jokes. I thought the story was really messed up and sad. Imagine yourself being that old and nobody caring where you disappeared.
Old 05-04-11, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by statcat
man you guys sure are insensitive to be posting the lame jokes. I thought the story was really messed up and sad. Imagine yourself being that old and nobody caring where you disappeared.
Don't worry, they won't have to imagine it.
Old 05-04-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Shouldn't the mailman have noticed a YEAR's worth of yellowing mail in her mailbox? Who was paying the electricity bill to keep that space heater going? This story is messed up in more ways than one.
Old 05-04-11, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Maybe she had her mail sent to a P.O. box or something and auto pay for her bills. But it does seem weird.
Old 05-04-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Wow she used to be a sexy knockout!

Such a sad story the way she died and things turned out.

RIP
Old 05-04-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Rip
Old 05-04-11, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Maybe she had her mail sent to a P.O. box or something and auto pay for her bills. But it does seem weird.
saw this posted

For those of you, who have raised questions about circumstances of Yvette's death, I will do my best to answer them. Why was the power still on? I had the same question. I've since learned that when you get to a certain age (Yvette was 82), the DWP doesn't automatically shut off the power even when you haven't paid your bill in months. The power has been on all this time including the space heater that I shut off; it's amazing it didn't burn the house down. For the record, the lights are STILL on...perhaps, leading those neighbors closest to her to believe that she was ok.

Re: the mail. Apparently, Yvette had gone on vacation back East sometime the previous April, and filed a stop mail/vacation notice with the post office. No one is certain when she returned, but she never contacted the post office to resume her mail. Hence, her mail box was NOT overflowing with mail as it should have been. If it had been, I've no doubt her immediate neighbors or any neighbor (like myself) who occasionally passed by her house would certainly have noticed this a lot sooner. Her mail box was only about half full. Apparently, a few pieces of mail did occasionally get through when our regular mail carrier had a day off. Our usual mail carrier wrote Yvette several notes and attempted to contact her several times. Even going as so far to knock repeated on Yvette's gate door & on the doors of other neighbors asking if anyone had seen her. One neighbor said Yvette regularly went to Las Vegas, which I assume must have assuaged our mail carrier's concerns.

I was not aware that of the vacation hold, but then, I wasn't close with her either. But still, the yellowing envelopes did begin to bother me. Also, when we had new phone books delivered several weeks back, I noticed that Yvette's were outside of her garage for sometime but then they disappeared. So I assumed that Yvette had taken them inside. However, last Wednesday, when I saw there were cobwebs forming on the inside of the mail box, I just knew something was wrong. So I knocked on her gate for long time; it was impossible to open. It was bolted twice, nailed shut, and then, braced at the base with a 2x4. Trust me, it was NOT easily accessible from the street. If it was, our mail carrier might have been able to make contact sooner. I ended up scaling her steeply graded hillside, stepping over high metal barricades and bloodying myself in the process, till I finally got onto her property. All the doors and windows were locked and reinforced from within. I knocked on every door/window, calling her name the whole time. I could see that the lights were on, but there was no response. I went down to the front door of the house, and saw the broken window pane which is how I ultimately got in. I think you'll all pretty clear what happened after that.

Even though Yvette kept to herself and was extremely reclusive, there were some neighbors who would buy groceries for her, bring her to neighborhood watch meetings, trim her hedges at the back of her house and even fix her sprinklers in the process. When Yvette left town, no one seemed to know that she was gone because it appears she didn't share information with any of her neighbors. I know this because they were several notes in her mail box asking for her to give them a call. Her absence did not go unnoticed.

This is a tragedy in any neighborhood. If there had been better communication on all sides, in the end, I feel certain Yvette wouldn't have been alone.

Suzette, Jeff and all of Yvette's family, please accept my heartfelt condolences. I just wish I would have found her sooner.

Yours Sincerely, Susan Savage

Posted by: Susan Savage | May 03, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Old 05-05-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Her story...

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/v...te_Vickers.htm