Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

SUPERDVD CON!!! BE WARNED!!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

SUPERDVD CON!!! BE WARNED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-00, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following a recommendation on this site last month, i ordered some DVDs from a guy in Hong Kong for the Star Wars DVDs + more.

Having received nothing for the first 2 weeks, i contacted him again and was toild i would receive it by the end of the week. It's now been 4 weeks, no DVDs and he's disappeared.
Just so nobody else follows any other recommendations for this guy, i would like to give this WARNING to stay away from this, or deal with him at your peril. He will con you!

His is http://www8.bcity.com/superdvds/

While you may like the prices on offer, be assured this man will con you. Please be warned!!!
Old 07-06-00, 04:29 PM

Sad to say I've been ripped off by this guy too. I waited 3 weeks then he said he would post me another set. Been about 5 weeks now and I get no reply from him on icq or email.
http://www8.bcity.com/superdvds/ [email protected] icq 8570697 name MadF/x

Don't even go there
Old 07-06-00, 07:09 PM
msk

My first post and not a happy one either. Not had a DVD player for too long and perhaps a little naive, this guy is a to55er and watch out for those who recommend him!
Same website, luckily didn't lose that much money.
Hope he's enjoying the money, i'm going there on a business trip next month, i will be making my acquaintance with this guy then.
Old 07-06-00, 07:10 PM
msk

My first post and not a happy one either. Not had a DVD player for too long and perhaps a little naive, this guy is a to55er and watch out for those who recommend him!
Same website, luckily didn't lose that much money.
Hope he's enjoying the money, i'm going there on a business trip next month, i will be making my acquaintance with this guy then.
Old 07-07-00, 10:28 AM

Msk,

If you are going next month, maybe you can give him a piece of my mind aswell. This guy needs to be reported as soon as. He must be conning so many people, and with other people giving false recommendations, he's thriving on it. I'd love to put him in his place.
Old 07-07-00, 10:56 AM

Unbelievable!!!! Totally out of the blue the guy has contacted me and told me the DVDs are on the way. I'll keep you guys posted on whether they come or whether this is malicious torment!!!
Old 07-07-00, 11:51 AM

He clearly lurks on here then.... mind you his site looks well dodgy !!!!

------------------
Click here for a great new forum on HIFI and Home Cinema.

Click here for reviews of many paid to surf schemes.

Paid to surf news Wap Site
Old 07-07-00, 03:01 PM
msk

Zia101,

When are you expecting these DVDs?
I'm off there soon, if he hasn't produced, i may be able to help.
Old 07-07-00, 04:05 PM

The guy told me that he sent them on Tuesday, as customs informed him the first batch had been held. He also said that he hasn't returned messages because he's been on vacation.
DVDs i have received from others in China usually take one week to arrive. He assures me they'll arrive by this Monday, so we'll see. If they haven't arrived by then, i'll let you know. What can you do Msk?
Old 07-08-00, 05:58 AM
Banned

SuperDVD is sooo full of crap. I have been reading about problems (Newsgroups) with him for over a year, since the SW TPM craze started.

------------------
"Bling, Bling!!"
Old 07-08-00, 09:14 AM
msk

The site is still up Hemulen.
I take it you are also a party to his con?
Old 07-08-00, 04:59 PM

He has got back to me saying his
friend will post them in the
next 2 weeks and the first
lot must have been
stopped.

The story continues .............
Old 07-08-00, 06:13 PM

What do you reckon Uber? Do you think he'll produce?
I will find out on Monday morning whether he's still messing us around or not. What about you Msk? Has he contacted you yet? Anyone else been contacted?
He was meant to contact me again today and, surprise surprise, disappeared again!
Keep you posted.
Old 07-09-00, 11:16 AM

The guy has just contacted me again.
Having been lied to for the last 4 weeks, he said he sent my DVDs on Tuesday to arrive on Monday (tomorrow).
Guess what? Now he says he didn't send them on Tuesday but on Friday, so i won't expect them till the end of the week. Why do i get the feeling he's delaying all of us for some strange reason. This guy keeps lying but i've never received anything and he carries on with the bullsh*t.
Old 07-09-00, 11:31 AM
msk

No emails received, no contact made.
SUPERDVD is still a con!!!
He's probably moving house and wants to delay you till then so you can't find him!!!
Old 07-10-00, 09:54 AM
msk

WARNING!!!!
HERE ARE HIS DETAILS!! HIS IS A THIEF AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED FOR IT. WHEN I GET THERE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, I WILL INFORM THE POLICE THERE AND SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE!!! IF THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A YEAR, I THINK IT'S TIME THIS PERSON WENT TO JAIL:

GAO XIAO
TIYUCHANGLU HANGDASHUSHE
HANGZHOU
ZHEJIANG
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Watch out for this goddam thief people. I know a lot of you want the Star Wars DVDs but this guy does not produce in a big way! Watch out for most of those on Ebay. As for this guy, i hope he has been exposed now, and i will ask the Hong Kong Police to arrest him when i arrive there soon. Those of you who have had problems with him, please send me your email/details with him, i'll make sure it's all forwarded to the Police. Thanks.
Old 07-10-00, 10:26 AM
Cool New Member

Could you please stop your whining. I am sorry you didn't get your DVDs. I and many others did. It is a risk you took ordering bootleg DVDs. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't. I find your threats pathetic and selfish. Post your experience and people can make up their own mind. Close his business and it is back to ebay for Star Wars DVDs for everyone. Not to mention that the people who have sent money will have no chance at all to get their DVDs.

Roolku

[This message has been edited by roolku (edited July 10, 2000).]
Old 07-10-00, 01:04 PM
msk

Roolku

Thank you for the kind and informative comments. As you know I have been conned, i was cheated out of my money. Many others also were cheated. This thread allows those who were cheated to gather further information to see the extent of this guy's con. The thread is also helpful in order to prosecute the person at a later date.
I am not the kind of person to follow a defeatest attitude that you may seem to follow. Perhaps you walk away from things, but to do so would be highlight you're a loser who can be trodden on.
Further i do not understand what you mean by selfish. If you mean i take care of my own interests, yes i do, that is an uneducated comment you've made as everyone ultimately is selfish. But, look at this thread. This is not selfishness. The thread is put here to help others who may become a victim to this guy. Can you understand that?
Also, you say that people have no chance of getting their DVDs now. Since this thread has been started, 2 of the guys have been contacted by the said person and told that their DVDs will be sent. This thread will eventually let us know whether he comes good or not. I, however, have still heard nothing from him.
as for making threats, there is no threat here at all - i am stating fact. I will call the Police when i get there and this thread again is asking those who have bad experiences with this guy to contact me, which i will then forward to the Police. This is yet another act of unselfishness, as i will forward all our woes to the Police. Ultimately, it will help those who have been wronged and eliminate this particular person from conning others.
I hope this helps soothe your mind.

Old 07-10-00, 01:13 PM

Hey Roolku,

What do you mean many others got their DVDs? Where does it say that? If you read above, someone said there was a thread about SUPERDVD months ago warning people of him.
What are you talking about selfish?
This is a DVd forum. We're all on here to find out the best deals and to stress the problems, aren't we? What are you here for?
What do you mean i won't get my DVDs?
SUPERDVD contacted me since i have started this page and says he has sent them on Friday. I'll let everyone know what happens.
So will Uber, msk and whoever else.
Get a grip.
Old 07-10-00, 02:43 PM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by msk:

[..]
I will call the Police when i get there and this thread again is asking those who have bad experiences with this guy to contact me, which i will then forward to the Police. This is yet another act of unselfishness, as i will forward all our woes to the Police. Ultimately, it will help those who have been wronged and eliminate this particular person from conning others.
<HR>

This is what I criticise:

guy in business: x% of the people who ordered a DVD get it

guy out of business: 0% of the people who ordered a DVD get it (including the ones who have sent money, but haven't received anything yet)

I would completely agree with your action if the guy was a legal commercial enterprise. But since it is not, ordering something from him implies taking a risk. (I checked the boards before I ordered, thought it might be worth a try and was lucky) By having him close down his business, you may help 100%-x% of the people who might have ordered DVDs from him. x% now have to get the DVD somewhere else for a higher price.

So my opinion is:

yes, post your experience to help others to evaluate their chances of getting the DVD

no, don't take action that might satisfy your anger, but spoil it for others

zia101, I am all for informative posts. That is what I used when I ordered my DVDs. What I dislike is the "all-caps/multiple exclaimation mark" style. I tend to ignore it, but was regretably tempted to post here with regards to the police issue. I know I would be pissed if I had not received my DVDs as a result of a 'revenge' police action. But maybe that is just me. *shrug*

Roolku

Old 07-10-00, 03:49 PM
msk

Roolku, don't shoot the messenger.(zia101)

I mentioned the Police and had caps/exclamation marks - you're having a go at the wrong person.
But, having read your comments, you are sounding the more selfish on this matter. You're saying:
"You've been conned but don't pursue the guy because then I (Roolku) and a minority few will not have any chance of getting these bootlegs for such a good price."
Is that not selfish? There is no real guarantee that he'll produce. You have no total of how many people get their DVDs and how many do not. It is out of order and extremely selfish for you to say, 100 people may be conned, but don't do anything so 10 people can benefit. Does that really make any sense? This maybe a bit dramatic, but i hope i make my point.
I would like to think that if roles were reversed, you would pursue this con-man to stop him conning so many people rather than let it go just so a handful can benefit.
By the way, until your post general opinion was that he had conned everyone and no-one got their DVDs. So, based on that knowledge, i think it would be fair to stop this guy - as far as i knew no one benfitted.
And even now, only you have said otherwise.
Going on this thread and a supposed earlier thread, it appears this guy is cheating more people than he is fulfilling orders. You are the lucky 1%. But, i will not let the remaining 99% lose money for that reason.
Old 07-10-00, 07:55 PM

I concur.
Old 07-10-00, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

msk,

I agree with you. However, you may not get very far. The information you posted shows this guy is in MAINLAND CHINA, not HK. I am not sure the HK police can help at all.

One thing you do neet to know if you are dealing with this type of thing. Stuff can get stopped ON THIS END. If customs knows this guy's address and what he is doing, they can stop ALL MAIL originating from his address. (even if a friend of his is posting them from HK)
Old 07-10-00, 09:57 PM
msk

Thanks for the help xcheckers and thanks for the support guys.
I am off on business in HK, hopefully someone there can help with the siuation in Hangzhou.
Old 07-12-00, 03:19 AM

Georges Lucas must be laughing is a** off by now!!!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.