Old 04-29-11, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Camelot -- "Justice" -- 4/29/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Arthur creates Camelot's first tribunal of justice which takes shape through a battle of wills, not blood. Aided by Sybil's cunning, Morgan reaches out to the townspeople in her pursuit to take back the throne.

Episode 5 of 10

Trailer:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vHeLNkJDmsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-01-11, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Camelot -- "Justice" -- 4/29/11

Not to simply disparage Camelot, but it seems sort of telling that no one has responded to the episode a full two days after it aired. We'll keep watching, but it's not a 'can't miss'...to us, it's more like a decent syndicated fantasy series. Some interesting moments & a sincere effort, but there's not much going on to be five episodes in. I do love Eva Green's performance, although there seems to be a repetitive nature to the back-and-forth between Arthur & her.

The show really seems to suffer in comparison to Game of Thrones, but so does The Borgias. It's funny how similar types of movies/shows sometimes comes out simulataneously: Tombstone/Wyatt Earp; Places in the Heart/Country/The River, etc. In those cases, one usually manages to distinguish itself while the others have to take second (or third) place. The lack of enthusiasm for Camelot probably has more to with some miscasting of major roles, stilted dialogue, predictable storylines, and limited budget. It does have a lot going for it (some nice secondary performances & Morgan & Gwyneviere are both excellent), but it still seems to lack in imaginative direction/cinematography/music/costuming, etc.

If the show continues, the producers will hopefully continue to work on improving the show & correcting any errors. Lots of good shows have gotten off to a lackluster or rocky beginning but has shown drastic improvement when given the chance (ST: TNG is a good example). Hopefully, this will happen with Camelot. Rather than simply continue to knock the show for what it isn't, I'll wish the creators of the show well & be optimistic that they'll take the fans' reactions as constructive criticism.
Old 05-02-11, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

At least Arthur's was sort of badass and not acting like a twat the whole episode.
Old 05-02-11, 08:59 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ Agreed. This was the first episode where he showed hints of living up to the name. Perhaps it was the ponytail?
Old 05-02-11, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the last two comments. If they'll give him some shoulder pads & keep his hair pulled back, he'll be more convincing. I'd still rather see the actor who plays Leonidas (or whatever Gwn's husband is called) play Arthur. Isn't he the same guy who played the title character in Crusoe?

Edit: Nevermind. I just googled him & found out that "Leontes" is indeed Phillip Winchester, star of Crusoe.