Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

True Legend (directed by Yuen Woo-Ping)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-11, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so....saw that trailer for 13 assassins in it's thread..and at the end of it..it suggests something related...and well this came up. This came out last year from what I can see...cuz it has Carradine in it..who died in 09. Was also China's first 3D film...and it bombed. As always Yuen Woo Ping's wire work is amazing...that bastard really is the best isn't he? Anyway...1st trailer seems interesting..than the UK trailer only bores me cuz of all the greenscreen stuff going on there. Anybody see it?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lycAYessDNo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lycAYessDNo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9k9-S9NzKVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-29-11, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: True Legend (directed by Yuen Woo-Ping)

Looks decent but that US trailer is obnoxious as hell.
Old 04-29-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this a few weeks ago. It's not horrible..but far from good. It's one those movies you can deal with watching once and have no desire to ever watch again.
Old 08-27-11, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

^ I disagree. I just watched this and will buy the blu when it comes out in a couple months. The choreography is top notch, and I wouldn't expect anything less from Yuen Woo Ping.
This film isn't artsy, for lack of a better term. It's not going to remind you of Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It doesn't have dramatic acting and beautiful cinematography.

If you like films like the Once Upon A Time In China trilogy, Tai Chi Master, and Fist of Legend then you will without a doubt like True Legend.
Old 11-20-11, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished this one. I was a little skeptical with the mixed reviews going in, but this the best straight up martial arts flick I've seen in a while. I enjoyed the hell out of it. The bluray quality is top notch as well.

Like Osiris said, if you're looking for the next Hero, Crouching Tiger, etc, this isn't it. If you're looking for a straight up martial arts flick, with a sh*t load of awesomely choreographed fights, this is your movie !!