Old 04-28-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "The Last Day" -- 4/28/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Damon (Ian Somerhalder) is willing to go to extraordinary lengths to prevent Elena (Nina Dobrev) from being a victim of Klaus' (guest star Joseph Morgan) plan to break the curse. Damon's actions put him at terrible odds with Stefan (Paul Wesley) and the tension that started brewing between the brothers over their differing opinions of how to help save Elena's life blows up into full-scale conflict. Tyler (Michael Trevino) returns to Mystic Falls after receiving a disturbing phone call. With the full moon marking the arrival of the sacrifice ritual, Stefan and Elena spend a romantic day together -- afraid it might be their last.

Episode 20 of 22

Extended Trailer:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_m7qMBeA0Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you somehow missed Gizmo's thread that is still sitting on Page 1, this was renewed for a 3rd season this week.
Old 04-28-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "The Last Day" -- 4/28/11

Bring it on! I'm all caught up and ready for the wild ride to the end of the season. This should be great!

Nice reversal of a Buffy and Angel exchange in the trailer.
Old 04-29-11, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Really great episode.

Lots of good character drama along with full out going into this Klaus arc. I like the introduction of Klaus, especially after seeing his backstory last week. He's a very mennacing new villain.

I'm glad they brought back Tyler into the mix. He and Caroline had alot of unresolved feelings toward each other.

And I was shocked that Damon force fed Elena his blood basically sentencing her to become a Vampire. That is a major game changer for the whole storyline of the series.

The scene which I thought was really moving was when Elena and Stefan took a walk and she broke down realizing she was going to not have a life, family and be 17 forever. Great writing and very well directed scene. Nina Dobrev was top notch.

Question: So is Jenna now a vampire too? The witch said that she was in transition before she woke up.
Old 04-29-11, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Really great episode.

Lots of good character drama along with full out going into this Klaus arc. I like the introduction of Klaus, especially after seeing his backstory last week. He's a very mennacing new villain.

I'm glad they brought back Tyler into the mix. He and Caroline had alot of unresolved feelings toward each other.

And I was shocked that Damon force fed Elena his blood basically sentencing her to become a Vampire. That is a major game changer for the whole storyline of the series.

The scene which I thought was really moving was when Elena and Stefan took a walk and she broke down realizing she was going to not have a life, family and be 17 forever. Great writing and very well directed scene. Nina Dobrev was top notch.

Question: So is Jenna now a vampire too? The witch said that she was in transition before she woke up.
Agree on all points!

Even Damon realized he pulled a douche move.

I'm not sure Jenna is a vampire. I think it would suck (no pun intended) since she just found out about everything. Plus talk about a kick in the gut for Aleric. First his wife, now his GF. Of course those are reasons we know the writers would actually follow through with turning her. However, we haven't seen two pieces of information yet. We know Damon isn't stupid so he likely had a backup plan as well. What did he ask Alaric to go do? Where is Klaus? I wouldn't be surprised if between the two of them they somehow saved Jenna with either the ring, or the elixir that Elana was going to take.

I liked the scene when she said she didn't want to turn either. Too often the show seems to skip past those sort of character moments. I think the closest we've had this year deal with Caroline.

Surprised at Matt. I liked the initiative to take matters into his own hands.

Damon bitten?! I wonder if non-full wolf bit isn't as bad as full wolf bite.
Old 05-01-11, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Anyone else watch this besides me and Superman? This was a really terrific episode and the season is ending on a high note.

Here's an interesting story posted this week

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/vampir...eason-3-scoop/

Basically the bottom line is:

Spoiler:
Joseph Morgan (Klaus) and Daniel Gillies (Elijah) may become series regulars next season. It depends on the story arc they come up with for season 3.
Old 05-01-11, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

In the previews it looks like Klaus is making the transition into werewolf form. For this to happen a vamp and wolf need to die. Does this mean Jenna is gonna die? Have we heard anything about a major character being killed in the last few episodes?

Also does anyone else get the feeling Elijah did the same thing to Katherine by making her drink his blood? He seemed really sure that there was no way for her to forgive after what Damon did and that forever for a vampire was a long time.

This show has been really good the last few weeks. I just wish the start of the season had this much excitement.
Old 05-01-11, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched this and I must admit I didn't see the Jenna thing coming at all. This has been an excellent 2nd season.
Old 05-02-11, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djariya
and i was shocked that damon force fed elena his blood basically sentencing her to become a vampire. That is a major game changer for the whole storyline of the series.
Doesn't she have to die with the blood in her veins to become a vampire? This show is so crazy I can't keep up with all the rules.

Originally Posted by djariya
the scene which i thought was really moving was when elena and stefan took a walk and she broke down realizing she was going to not have a life, family and be 17 forever. Great writing and very well directed scene. Nina Dobrev was top notch.
The Elena/Stefan scenes were great. This isn't the type of show to win Emmys, but I think Nina does a fantastic job that's worthy of some recognition.