Old 04-25-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts
Stargate Universe -- "Epilogue" -- 4/25/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-11-30

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Destiny reaches an abandoned modern civilization on a planet in the throes of seismic destruction. While the crew retrieves valuable data archives stored underground, Rush discovers a possible way to help the planet's survivors.

Episode 18 of 20

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KFpUzqNiWPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's almost over forever.
Old 04-25-11, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Stargate Universe -- "Epilogue" -- 4/25/11

Aren't some of the major characters supposed to die? They better hurry!
Old 04-26-11, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not as good as last week, but pretty enjoyable.

I'm pretty bummed we are almost done.
Old 04-26-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have got to say that when it started I wasn't very impresssed with the series. However, as it has progressed I have really started to like it and I will miss this when it is gone. I would really like to see how they had planned on ending this series if it had gone for 5 to 7 years. I couldn't care less about several of the key characters and if a ship fell on Rush I think I would be a happy person but I would like to know what would happen to Eli and a couple of the others if this had lasted for several seasons.
Old 04-26-11, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 976 Likes on 607 Posts

Interesting episode. Kinda schmaltzy, but at least it kinda/sorta gives a sense of closure to the lives of the characters--even though it's the alternate version of the characters.

Man, TJ just cannot catch a break, can she? I predict she slits her wrists in the next ep.
Old 04-26-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Huh?
- What's the concept of "month" on an alient planet (in regards to a 9-month pregnancy)?

Meh
- Archive's been fine all this time and it explodes as soon as Destiny gets there.

WTF?
- They built a whole extra "huge" ship they didn't need for evacuation

And yet, I really liked the episode. I just wish TV show writers would tighten things up.
Old 04-26-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the Meh and WTF were definitely Atlantis moments IMO.
Old 04-26-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's a shame they aren't getting to write an ending to the show. It's not the best show out there but the only show I watch on that channel anymore. Pretty good episode, but didn't like how everything goes to final hell right when they happen to be there. And why couldn't they have kept the upload link going without being there? Just get out and go back to the ship and get as much of it as they can before the uber computer that had the archive went kaput. Maybe they would have got it all. It's not like they had to be there in person holding some button down.
Old 04-26-11, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

It's far too late for constructive criticism, but the whole idea of spending multiple episodes looking at the alternate lives of our characters thrust thousands of years into the past seems remarkably ill-conceived to me. We've had two seasons of them not really giving me much of a reason to care about most of these characters, and now they expect me to care about alternate, never actually happened versions of them?
Old 04-26-11, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

elevator music
Old 04-27-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
It's far too late for constructive criticism, but the whole idea of spending multiple episodes looking at the alternate lives of our characters thrust thousands of years into the past seems remarkably ill-conceived to me. We've had two seasons of them not really giving me much of a reason to care about most of these characters, and now they expect me to care about alternate, never actually happened versions of them?
ill conceived? Imagine if Star Trek did this. The entire storyline would have been negated and none of this would have ever really happened when Rush went back to warn the crew not to go through the gate. This would, of course, be shortly followed by an entire series of novels detailing each crew members' life on Novus. Eventually, the Novus storyline would have to cross over with characters from the other series, and TJ's disease would be cured by the holographic doctor from Voyager.