Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

7mm cases (good quality)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-11, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7mm cases (good quality)

Hey all,

I've been switching my standard dvd covers to 7mm cases as I go for the last couple years. I've been purchasing from shop4tech. However, their 7mm cases seem kinda flimsy and not as good quality as some other cases I picked up from a guy on craigslist. The ones I picked up from the guy, are actually nice quality. They seem more thick and barely notice any bend to them compared to the ones I purchased off shop4tech.

Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy these nicer thick 7mm DVD cases? Thank you.
Old 04-19-11, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 7mm cases (good quality)

Nobody?? :/
Old 04-19-11, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 7mm cases (good quality)

I have a small supply of 7mm cases for use after breakage, but see they have the same hub designs (and thus are the same cases) as what you bought from shop4tech. The rule seems to be that cases used for commercial DVD's are bought from manufacturers who usually sell only in massive quantities. And cases available in small quantities to people like us are made specifically for the home market...and sold by everybody. Meaning that you have to look hard to find any variety.

I have a bunch of commercial DVD's that came in 7mm cases, but can't really recommend a design. If you can take a few pictures of your preferred case, though, particularly a closeup of the hub, I or somebody else may be able to identify it and point you to a seller.