Old 04-07-11, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Nikita -- "Covenant" -- 4/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-04-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael (Shane West) confronts Nikita (Maggie Q) in her lair and reveals that he knows Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) is the mole. He tells Nikita that she has 24 hours to find Kasim (guest star Haaz Sleiman), the man who killed Michael's family, or he will tell Percy (Xander Berekley) about Alex.

Episode 17 of 22

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YV7YxA1NEKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hell yeah, the CW Thursday 1-2 punch is back. Looking forward to more Nikita. I've said it in previous threads, this is by far the best serial action drama of the 2010-11 season. I would be devastated if this doesn't come back for a 2nd season.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-07-11 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-07-11, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Nikita -- "Covenant" -- 4/07/11

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/interv...110407_nikita/

Interesting interview with Nikita showrunner Craig Silverstein. Talks about this season and what's coming up in the final 6 episodes.
Old 04-07-11, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Hell yeah, the CW Thursday 1-2 punch is back. Looking forward to more Nikita. I've said it in previous threads, this is by far the best serial action drama of the 2010-11 season. I would be devastated if this doesn't come back for a 2nd season.
I'll see your and raise you a

Me likes the outfit Maggie Q is wearing in that promo shot.
Old 04-07-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.tvedge.net/?p=3592

According to this story, Showrunner Craig Silverstein already has season 2 mapped out (if they get renewed) and a possible arc for season 3.
Old 04-08-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome episode.

I didn't see the twist about Kasim being Division coming. Loved how Nikita set up Kasim, and the scene where Michael infiltrated the house. Some really good drama and romance. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the new dynamic with Michael knowing about Percy.
Old 04-08-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Awesome Awesome Awesome episode.

This show fires me up every week at how consistently good it is. For a show that is shot entirely in Toronto, they do such a great job giving it a grand international feel. Every week the show feels like a mini international action thriller.

Cool reveal with Kasim being part of Division. I'm looking forward to seeing Michael and Nikita finally work together to bring Division down. Really liked their conversation at the end after Nikita killed Kasim. Some very poignant dialogue from Michael. Glad they also paired them as a couple too (since they were planning to give Nikita a love interest) Michael works alot better than that CIA guy Ryan because of their past together.

Alex wasn't a big part of this episode, but I enjoyed her scenes with Nathan. Agree with Fist of Doom, the romance in this episode worked really well.

If anyone of you are recording the show, but sitting on episodes unwatched, you are seriously depriving yourself of a great action serial show. If you dropped this show for whatever reason, you should seriously smack yourself upside the head.

Looking forward to the coming weeks.
Old 04-08-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Really surprised how good Shane West is in this role. I expected so much less of him given his lightweight history.

Wish there was more Alex this week but that's a minor complaint in what was a great episode.
Old 04-09-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Awesome Awesome Awesome episode.

This show fires me up every week at how consistently good it is. For a show that is shot entirely in Toronto, they do such a great job giving it a grand international feel. Every week the show feels like a mini international action thriller.

Cool reveal with Kasim being part of Division. I'm looking forward to seeing Michael and Nikita finally work together to bring Division down. Really liked their conversation at the end after Nikita killed Kasim. Some very poignant dialogue from Michael. Glad they also paired them as a couple too (since they were planning to give Nikita a love interest) Michael works alot better than that CIA guy Ryan because of their past together.

Alex wasn't a big part of this episode, but I enjoyed her scenes with Nathan. Agree with Fist of Doom, the romance in this episode worked really well.

If anyone of you are recording the show, but sitting on episodes unwatched, you are seriously depriving yourself of a great action serial show. If you dropped this show for whatever reason, you should seriously smack yourself upside the head.

Looking forward to the coming weeks.
Agree with everything you said, especially: "For a show that is shot entirely in Toronto, they do such a great job giving it a grand international feel." Thought the same last night when watching the heroin shipment sequence. Between that and the ballet, Nikita in the park, and Kasim-as-hostage scenes, it really did look as if they were shooting on location in Russia.

Also like that we spent most of the ep. away from Division's lair. That place is so fake-looking and security-lax that it pulls me out of the show's drama.

Can't wait for the next ep. (Gets better and better each week.)
Old 04-09-11, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching this show off and on, but I was really impressed by this episode and may have to start watching it regularly.

The twist at the end was extremely well done and seems key for the development of the series (it wasn't simply a twist to end an episode or done just because they can do it)

Originally Posted by Timber
Really surprised how good Shane West is in this role. I expected so much less of him given his lightweight history.

Wish there was more Alex this week but that's a minor complaint in what was a great episode.
Early on he didn't seem to be a good fit for the role, but he seems to have developed nicely as the series has gone along