Old 04-06-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Mr. Sunshine -- "Ben and Vivian" -- 4/06/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Ben is in for a surprise when his one-night-stand turns out to be Crystal's new assistant, Vivian (Lizzy Caplan)

Episode 9 of 13

Anyone still watching? Caring? I really don't care about this show anymore except my weekly dose of Andrea Anders as this will probably be the last we see of her for awhile in a weekly TV series. For those who are still watching, do you all think this was a huge disappointment?

Last scheduled episode to air. Some of you are probably relieved. Cougar Town returns in 2 weeks to this timeslot. The new comedy Happy Endings will premiere in this timeslot next week for 1 night.

Next date for episodes 10-13
Old 04-06-11, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Mr. Sunshine -- "Ben and Vivian" -- 4/06/11

Originally Posted by DJariya
The new comedy Happy Endings will premiere in this timeslot next week for 1 night.
They're airing ONE episode instead of burning another Mr. Sunshine? Which show does that speak worse about?
Old 04-06-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
They're airing ONE episode instead of burning another Mr. Sunshine? Which show does that speak worse about?
Sorry I should have clarfied. Happy Endings has a 1 hour premiere next week in this timeslot. Then moves to the 10pm timeslot the following week.

Did you even watch more than 1 episode of this show? I'm surprised your still reading these threads? Are you trying to see if people thought it got better? Cougar Town is coming back, I know you can't wait.
Old 04-06-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This show is very meh. It's been a fine distraction in the absence of seemingly everything else, so I don't mind. I won't miss it.
Old 04-06-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone still watching? Caring? I really don't care about this show anymore except my weekly dose of Andrea Anders as this will probably be the last we see of her for awhile in a weekly TV series.
Still watching, not really caring. It's an ok show, but the writing needs to improve drastically. I do love me some Andrea Anders though. What's she doing next if this does get cancelled? Movies?
Old 04-06-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Still watching, not really caring. It's an ok show, but the writing needs to improve drastically. I do love me some Andrea Anders though. What's she doing next if this does get cancelled? Movies?
According to her IMDB profile nothing. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets cast in season 2 of Episodes because of relationship with Matt LeBlanc.
Old 04-06-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone still watching? Caring? I really don't care about this show anymore except my weekly dose of Andrea Anders as this will probably be the last we see of her for awhile in a weekly TV series. For those who are still watching, do you all think this was a huge disappointment?
If I'm disappointed about anything it's that it's not as good as the mid-season ad for it was. I think Roman and his psycho girlfriend are hilarious, and I've always liked Ben. But all the rest of the characters don't do anything for me. I'm sad to see it go (if it does), but I won't miss it much.

Plus, with this following Modern Family, it kinda pales in comparison. The ads make Happy Endings appear like it could be a nice fit with Modern Family...we'll see.
Old 04-08-11, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think given another season this show could grow into something. It's certainly gotten better as it's progressed. I thought this episode was pretty good. Perry just seems to be pulling out all the stops with his performance (I know that can rub people the wrong way though).

Admittedly I'm biased because I have an unholy man-crush on Matthew Perry...
Old 04-08-11, 09:06 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm not as disappointed in this show as the rest of you seem to be. It's not as good as I would have liked, but I still make a point to watch every week and get a chuckle or two out of each episode. I hope ABC burns off the remaining 4 episodes eventually.
Old 04-08-11, 09:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

This was the only finny episode of the Season.

Meh.
Old 04-08-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did you even watch more than 1 episode of this show? I'm surprised your still reading these threads? Are you trying to see if people thought it got better? Cougar Town is coming back, I know you can't wait.
I have watched them ALL unfortunately...

I like Matthew Perry and Allison Janney and keep hoping they chose this project because it was good. It just never seems to get better though.

And you're certainly not wrong about Cougar Town. Got my "Big Carl" out of the cabinet and am shining it up!
Old 11-04-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In case anyone is interested, Season One is available through Warner Archive, and includes the 4 unaired episodes.
Old 11-04-11, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
In case anyone is interested, Season One is available through Warner Archive, and includes the 4 unaired episodes.
If it somehow makes it to Netflix, I might watch the 4 unaired episodes, but there's no way I'm paying for this bomb.
Old 11-04-11, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
If it somehow makes it to Netflix, I might watch the 4 unaired episodes, but there's no way I'm paying for this bomb.
Thanks for letting us know.

I liked it but don't need to buy it. If NF gets it that would be nice so i could see the missing eps.