Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

No Ordinary Family -- Season/Series? Finale -- "No Ordinary Beginning" -- 4/05/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the 1st and probably only season of No Ordinary Family?
Yes, Great show. I hope it gets a 2nd season
18.18%
It was Good, but had alot of problems. I would be interested in another season
47.27%
Meh, It was alright. Honestly I don't think I will miss it.
21.82%
No, I thought the show sucked.
7.27%
Was never interested in it. Reading this thread because I'm bored.
5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

No Ordinary Family -- Season/Series? Finale -- "No Ordinary Beginning" -- 4/05/11

Old 04-05-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Powells must join together to save JJ, who's been kidnapped, courtesy of Mrs. X (Lucy Lawless) and forced to solve an enigma that could lead to the permanence of the trilsettum's effects. Meanwhile, Joshua reconnects with Katie and discovers that he's about to become a father, and George's fate hangs in the balance as a prisoner aboard a plane that's quickly spiraling out of control and about to crash.

Episode 20 of 20

This is it. The final produced episode.
Old 04-05-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: No Ordinary Family -- Season/Series? Finale -- "No Ordinary Beginning" -- 4/05/11

Too bad if it doesn't get another season. Again, they just waited too long to bring out the arcs and the villains. The last few episodes have been really entertaining. Oh well...
Old 04-05-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts
Re: No Ordinary Family -- Season/Series? Finale -- "No Ordinary Beginning" -- 4/05/11

If they kill off George, J.J. and the writer that keeps ruining otherwise good scenes, people might be more excited about a second season.
Old 04-05-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the show and I'm hoping for a second season.
That whole business with the syringe was dumb. Mom is supposed to be super fast and could have very easily injected the bad guy. I'm not wild about how they ended the season with the plane crash. There's too many super-powered people already.
Old 04-05-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't Chiklis signed for a new series in the fall? Is that contingent on a no-renewal for this?
Old 04-05-11, 09:15 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

It wasn't all that bad, but I won't be missing it if it doesn't return.
Old 04-05-11, 09:50 PM

I still enjoy it and hope it somehow gets another season with better writers.
Old 04-05-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New series work is contingent on non-renewal. But the fact that both leads are attached to pilots for next season is pretty hard to ignore.
Old 04-05-11, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eh, when the secret crimefighters become government agents, then the show is over. I wonder if George would've morphed into a super villain. That would've been a pretty cool 2nd season arc.
Old 04-05-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts

I liked it but didn't love it. Mom could've super speeded her way out of a lot of situations. And why in the hell did the dad no smash open the elevator doors rather than do the "everyone hold your breath" nonesense?

I'd definitely watch a second season but would hope they'd remove all the crap that would drag it down.
Old 04-06-11, 01:04 AM
ATX

^ i assume the elevator was already moving

and yeah we know JJ can calculate trajectory and all that, but does this guarantee good aim?

---

let's see now we got a super baby, super george (ability unknown), and apparently the NSA has been watching the powells all along... oh boy

sometimes you'll be watching and it's pleasant and then something goes wrong during an act and you just gotta facepalm
Old 04-06-11, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it the show doesn't come back, we pretty much got everything tied up that should be satisfactory.

Granted I want to know what happens next but they're not leaving us hanging that much.
Old 04-06-11, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
If it the show doesn't come back, we pretty much got everything tied up that should be satisfactory.

Granted I want to know what happens next but they're not leaving us hanging that much.
I do like they how tired up the current story lines, reminds me of how Heroes ended, current story line finished and open for another yet it still feels mostly complete even if it does not return for another season.

I am tired of every show ending on cliffhangers and this would be a soft one at most. I do wonder how the CEO thinks she can control a bunch of super powered criminals that have their powers for good.

I liked it but didn't love it. Mom could've super speeded her way out of a lot of situations.
A few times, was also wondering if they were going to have Daph be able to control more then one mind at a time because there was a need for it, maybe in the future.
Old 04-06-11, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ATX
and yeah we know JJ can calculate trajectory and all that, but does this guarantee good aim?
Actually, if anything I thought that was pretty well handled, considering we saw him do the exact same thing during his stint on the football team way back in the beginning of the season.

sometimes you'll be watching and it's pleasant and then something goes wrong during an act and you just gotta facepalm
Yeah, while I understand that they're still getting used to having these powers, there were still far too many situations that wouldn't have even happened if one of the characters used their powers intelligently. Heck, when Helen had Stephanie and the two kids at gunpoint, Stephanie could have easily done the same thing she did earlier in the episode and disarmed the two thugs before they could have even blinked. Unlike Jim, there's no known "kryptonite" that negates her powers, so she should have been more than able to act.

EDIT: Oh, and what's with TV and accelerated pregnancies lately? This is the third show in the last few weeks that's used it as a plot point.

Last edited by xVladx; 04-06-11 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-06-11, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ATX
That's been the story of this show. I thought it got really interesting after a rocky start, though.
Old 04-06-11, 08:22 PM

If they do not end the show with a real ending I can tell you I will not be a happy camper. Last night my gf was piss. I do not watch any live tv till it ends and now she knows why.
Old 04-07-11, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed this show very much and hope it comes back for a second season. If not...that is how tv is these days. JJ never did become much of an actor...he is terrible.
Old 04-07-11, 08:02 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 573 Likes on 332 Posts

Was a plane crash the only way they could think of to raise the adrenaline level of the villians?

This show is beyond stupid, I won't miss it. I watched this episode only because my 13-year-old likes it.
Old 04-07-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xVladx
Originally Posted by ATX
Actually, if anything I thought that was pretty well handled, considering we saw him do the exact same thing during his stint on the football team way back in the beginning of the season.
Regardless of THOSE physics, what pressure actually made the plunger on the needle go down to dispense the antidote? That J.J. hit it using his powers I'll buy, but the lack of explaining the actual dose dispensing is again crappy/sloppy writing.

Ah well. Happy where it ended if this is the end. Fun run, if completely uneven with the writing.
Old 04-08-11, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Regardless of THOSE physics, what pressure actually made the plunger on the needle go down to dispense the antidote? That J.J. hit it using his powers I'll buy, but the lack of explaining the actual dose dispensing is again crappy/sloppy writing.

Ah well. Happy where it ended if this is the end. Fun run, if completely uneven with the writing.
I thought of the pressure also and how it was dispensed.....oh well....as with movies sometimes you have to suspend logical thought at times and simply enjoy the entertainment.
Old 04-11-11, 11:53 AM

Received 1,790 Likes on 1,064 Posts

I watched this show all season long. I enjoyed it and always wanted it to be better. It's simply too clunky. The ending was fun and too clunky. Of the shows I subscribe to on Hulu, it's the one I watch last and always when I'm working on something else.

I just want The Incredibles 2.
Old 04-26-11, 06:58 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 397 Likes on 247 Posts

Cancelled

http://youbentmywookie.com/entertain...canceled-11869
Old 04-26-11, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

i think both leads signing on for pilots next year was all we needed to know that it was a goner. and that report is from more than a month ago.
Old 04-26-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the last 9 episodes unwatched, worth it or delete? FYI, I was pretty luke warm on the series. Autumn Reeser was the best part, does she get featured much as the season goes on?
Old 04-26-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 432 Likes on 296 Posts

The second half of the season definitely got more action-packed and had more stuff "happening" than all the slow-draggy stuff in the first half.

Autumn Reeser gets a good amount of screen time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.