Old 04-04-11, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Stargate Universe -- (Stargate Atlantis Crossover) -- "Seizure" -- 4/04/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Rush slips into a coma in the neural interface chair, and Amanda connects with him in the ship's matrix, but Ginn informs Eli of a problem with that scenario. Elsewhere, Dr. Rodney McKay's plan to dial the ninth chevron address hits a snag.

Episode 15 of 20

Special Guest Stars:

David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g84S5J5ekXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-04-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stargate Universe -- (Stargate Atlantis Crossover) -- "Seizure" -- 4/04/11

Really, really, really, really looking forward to this. At least we get one more Hewlett appearance, despite the fact Universe is ending. Would have sucked to have not gotten this in the face of the cancellation. This is going to be a great episode, they'd have to try extraordinarily hard to screw it up and make it a bad episode. McKay plus Rush equals win. But the preview looked like it's more Lucian alliance crap. I wish they'd give up on that and realize it's a horrible plot line. We beat the Gould, the Ori, etc. Etc. Etc. And these Lucian alliance morons are kicking our ass and attacking Earth despite the ancient tech, the Asgrad tech? Come on. We would have wiped them out, their home world, never mind not being attacked on Earth, a long time ago. I've just really been disliking the focus on the Lucian Alliance and the threat they pose this season.

But like I said, nothing is going to make this a bad episode. Nothing.
Old 04-04-11, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Sooo, this show is done? Because I haven't watched any of the new eps out of fear of getting hooked again.
Old 04-04-11, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk God

I just finished last week's episode with TJ performing the surgery on Volker and the whole crystal thing with Ginn. I thought that was a really well done episode. I've said it before, but Alaina Huffman is my favorite actress on this show. Not only is she gorgeous, but she does a great job making TJ such a compelling and conflicted character. The 2nd half of this season has been pretty good. It's too bad so many people bailed during the 1st half (mostly because of the awful Tuesday at 9pm timeslot)

I liked McKay on SG-A although he did annoy me alot. I am looking forward to seeing his character for possibly the last time if the proposed SG-A DTV video never gets made.
Old 04-04-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Sooo, this show is done? Because I haven't watched any of the new eps out of fear of getting hooked again.
Yeah they cancelled it shortly after the Fall Finale. SyFy is just burning off the remaining produced episodes.
Old 04-04-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
SyFy is just burning.
Fixed.

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that a network that thinks wrestling is science fiction can't figure out how to keep a decent show on the air.
Old 04-05-11, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Gotta suck to be Eli. First he gets sucked into making the jump to Destiny because of a contest he wins, then he likes a girl that ends up telling him he is pretty much her best friend, then he falls for a girl that actually likes him back only for her to get killed, then he miraculously gets her consciousness back to where he can at least talk to her, then he has to quarantine her and live with the fact that he cant even talk to her anymore.
Old 04-08-11, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was nice to see Rodney and Woolsey again. Too bad it's probably for the last time.

I'm going to miss the Stargate franchise when Universe wraps up in a couple weeks.
Old 04-08-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 142 Posts

This was probably the weakest episode of the back half, simply because the idea of infiltrating the stargate facility was so mind-numbingly stupid. How could they possibly have expected that to work without massive diplomatic fallout?

I think it would have been more interesting if Gin and Amanda would have stuck around as "head" people for the rest of the run, sort of like #6 on BSG (only everyone would have known about them).
Old 04-08-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
This was probably the weakest episode of the back half, simply because the idea of infiltrating the stargate facility was so mind-numbingly stupid. How could they possibly have expected that to work without massive diplomatic fallout?

I think it would have been more interesting if Gin and Amanda would have stuck around as "head" people for the rest of the run, sort of like #6 on BSG (only everyone would have known about them).
agreed. Even if they had managed to complete dialing as soon as they unstoned the guys there would have been a shit storm

Gin and Amanda can come back, they're only in quarantine not deleted
Old 04-09-11, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they really had the balls, they would have dialed Desitny & then have the same thing go wrong with the planet (core unstable). Have one of the SG cruisers arrive soon enough to beam Rodney, Woolsey, Tellford & the rest of the SG men out but eveyone on the planet dies when it explodes. To lighten the mood, Rodney says nobody is to tell Sheppard he blew up ANOTHER planet.
Old 04-09-11, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by atxbomber
I'm going to miss the Stargate franchise when Universe wraps up in a couple weeks.
MGM would be foolish to let the SG franchise go cold without a first run series.

Then again Paramount basically did that with Star Trek.
Old 04-09-11, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
Gin and Amanda can come back, they're only in quarantine not deleted

Given his pained expression, I thought Eli had deleted them. That would have been hard core.
Old 04-11-11, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason
Finally watched this last night, and I agree. That whole sequence just felt rushed. Why did they seem to make Young look like he was swimming in the clothes of the ambassador?
Old 04-12-11, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lol, thats true, he looked like that suit was 4 sizes to big.
Old 06-27-11, 11:32 PM

So Atlantis is on Earth, so why not fly Atlantis over to this planet, cloak the city and then dial Destiny?
Old 06-27-11, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason this planet could dial Destiny was because the core of the planet was Naquadra. Atlantis in orbit wouldn't be using the core's power.

I do wonder if Atlantis could dial Destiny if had a full compliment of 100% full ZPMs. But as of the Atlantis finale, their ZPMs were pretty drained.