Old 04-03-11, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Body of Proof -- Special Night -- "Letting Go" -- 04/03/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a young, interracial couple is found shot and killed inside their car in Fairmont Park, Dr. Megan Hunt promises the grieving parents that their daughter's killer will be found. Detectives Bud Morris and Samantha Baker are ready to chalk the case up to a murder-suicide, but Megan and her team find evidence on the bodies that sends the case in an entirely different and shocking direction. Meanwhile, Peter advises Megan not to push too hard when it comes to reconnecting with her daughter, Lacey.

Episode 2 of 13

ABC is airing this tonight after Desperate Housewives to try to capitalize on their audience and also because Delany starred in Housewives for 2 seasons.

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lNVa2tl9YSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I liked the 1st episode. It was nothing groundbreaking in the Medical/Crime Procedural dramas, but Delany was good IMO and I like the character.
Old 04-04-11, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Body of Proof -- Special Night -- "Letting Go" -- 04/03/11

This ep was way better then the pilot, IMO..

They toned down the "you can't see your daughter" BS and moved to more of just being an estranged parent trying to connected to a teenager they are not around due to divorce..

Delany's character was more charming while still being a little pushy where as in the pilot it was much more snarky. The group of sidekicks got into the mix some more and over all the case was interesting too.

Of course I still find it really strange that the medical investigation room seems to have glass walls on both sides but whatever. I guess everyone working there doesn't mind have autopsies on show all day or care if they just leave the bodies on the table for days, with no refrigeration.... and the door open... being you need to see in, even when the wall is all glass.. .. errrrrrrrrrr..

but I'll catch a few more eps..
Old 04-05-11, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoyed this ep. The whole mother/daughter stuff is falling flat with me, but I liked the case of the week.
Old 04-05-11, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still gets a "meh" from me. I'll keep watching but right now wouldn't be surprised (nor upset) if they air them all and end the show.
Old 04-05-11, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Finished Sunday's episode today. I actually liked this alot better than the Pilot last week. Very interesting case with the interracial's couple's murder and the light touches of racism involved. The twist at the end with the father being the killer was surprising. It felt like an episode of Cold Case in a way. I did notice that they toned down Delany's character alot from the Pilot. She wasn't at all arrogant and snarky as last week and more sympathetic to the victim and the family.

I think it was Ken Tucker of EW.com who wrote last week that if you can get through the Pilot (which he said some people might not like), the show is actually a really solid character driven procedural and gets alot better.

And the thing that drives me nuts with most procedural dramas in how they manage to resolve the case in 1 business day. This case seemed a little more realistic as it took a few days to resolve.