Reload this Page >

MTV to ruin err i mean remake "The Inbetweeners"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-31-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how badly mtv will have to tone it down, as lots and lots of 4 letter word and sex slang is used in the original. Also, will the Parent Television Council go ape shit again like they did with Skins?

From Deadline
MTV has picked up its remake of the award-winning British series The Inbetweeners to series with a 12-episode order. Brad Copeland wrote the adaptation and serves as the showrunner. He is executive producing with Iain Morris and Damon Beesley, creators of the original series, and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment.

The Inbetweeners, which was greenlighted to pilot in September, stars Joey Pollari (Avalon High), Bubba Lewis (To Save a Life), The Virginity Hit star Zack Pearlman and Mark L. Young (Big Love) in a high-school comedy described as Superbad meets Freeks and Geeks. It revolves around four high school boys (Pollari, Lewis, Pearlman, Young) who belong to the "inbetweeners" social class -- teens who are not the most cool and popular but not geeky enough to be branded uncool. Taika Waititi (The Flight of the Concords) directed the pilot. This marks the third series pickup for Kapital Entertainment out of 4 produced pilots. The company has 3 more pilots now filming at the broadcast networks.

There is no word yet on the future of another high-profile British adaptation at MTV, drama Skins, which recently wrapped its first season.
Old 03-31-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MTV to ruin err i mean remake "The Inbetweeners"

im sure it will suck compared to the original and more than likely just suck all together, but i'll give it a shot.
Old 04-01-11, 02:53 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 104 Likes on 93 Posts
Re: MTV to ruin err i mean remake "The Inbetweeners"

Why bother--

watch the original