Old 03-31-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Perfect Couples -- "Perfect Exes" -- 3/31/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-20

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After finding out that Amy (Mary Elizabeth Ellis) has invited all of her ex-boyfriends to their wedding, Vance (David Walton) bonds with them but worries that he will become one of them. Rex (Hayes MacArthur) finds out that Leigh (Olivia Munn) keeps a file of her ex-boyfriends and is anxious to see it. Dave (Kyle Bornheimer) and Julia (Christine Woods) tie up some loose ends as they help prepare for Vance and Amy's wedding.

Episode 10 of 13

Next week (4/7) will be the final episode scheduled to air. The Paul Reiser show will be taking over this timeslot the following week.
Old 04-02-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Perfect Couples -- "Perfect Exes" -- 3/31/11

Don't everyone chime in at once.

I thought this was a pretty funny episode. I liked Vance bonding with the exes.

So, is next week the final episode of the series?
Old 04-02-11, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts

Thought it was very funny this week. Rex continues to bring the laughs from me. Vance actually made me laugh this week which is rare. Dave and Julia sort of have the same type of relationship as me and my wife, I get to play the good guy and she gets to make the decisions.
Old 04-03-11, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can honestly say that I think that this is the only scripted show that I don't find any of the female leads remotely attractive (not that it matters...if it was consistently funny I'd watch). Caught most of this one and it wasn't bad.
Old 04-03-11, 09:23 AM

Really enjoying this show and will miss it when it's gone. I think this ep was probably the funniest yet. The only other sitcom I can even stomach is Community, so it was convenient having them scheduled side by side.
Old 04-04-11, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't realize the show was being cancelled. It's one of the few shows that I watched weekly (after dropping The Office) with my wife. We related pretty well to the "normal couple" on the show. It was pretty consistently funny.
Old 04-04-11, 10:30 AM

"Where's the genius?"

"Umm, he couldn't make it."

I've really been enjoying this show. After the pilot, which I thought was pretty bad, I didn't consider watching it again. A couple episodes went by and I caught the end of an episode and thought it was pretty funny. I've been watching it since. But based on buzz (lack of) and feedback on the web, I assumed it would not be around long.
Old 04-04-11, 10:50 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Guess they skipped episodes 10 and 11.
Old 04-06-11, 10:17 AM

It seems Hulu has the next episode(ep 11) this thursday 3/8.
Old 04-06-11, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by movieking
I can honestly say that I think that this is the only scripted show that I don't find any of the female leads remotely attractive
Old 04-06-11, 02:41 PM

When Vance was out with exes, and said to the waitress, "All of these men made love to my fiancee," I expected the waitress to respond "Today??!!" I also enjoy the show and wish it would keep going.
Old 04-07-11, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Once again, loved it.
Old 04-07-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with most of above... except for "the no attractive women in it" opinion, but to each his own.

I too hated it after the first episode, but have grown to enjoy it much more with each episode. Not sure what might have been if they had just picked a better episode as the pilot. Maybe it still never would have caught on with the Thursday night NBC audience, but on the other hand it might have generated more positive buzz with critics and some momentum with viewers. Perfect Couples is miles ahead of CBS's similarly themed new mid-season network sitcom Mad Love, which IMO is total crap and yet seems to be doing well enough in the ratings.

Sorry to see Perfect Couples go, but I like Rules of Engagement. While I would prefer that it were back on Monday (instead of the lousy Mad Love), at least this gives me a chance to start watching it again.
Old 04-07-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Agree with most of above... except for "the no attractive women in it" opinion, but to each his own.

I too hated it after the first episode, but have grown to enjoy it much more with each episode. Not sure what might have been if they had just picked a better episode as the pilot. Maybe it still never would have caught on with the Thursday night NBC audience, but on the other hand it might have generated more positive buzz with critics and some momentum with viewers. Perfect Couples is miles ahead of CBS's similarly themed new mid-season network sitcom Mad Love, which IMO is total crap and yet seems to be doing well enough in the ratings.

Sorry to see Perfect Couples go, but I like Rules of Engagement. While I would prefer that it were back on Monday (instead of the lousy Mad Love), at least this gives me a chance to start watching it again.
I was going to mention Mad Love. I caught the pilot and it was awful, and yet it looks like it's doing better in the ratings. I can't watch sitcoms with laugh tracks anymore, and the two friends of Jason Biggs and Sarah Chalke have the same tired antagonistic relationship with petty snarky quips that I've seen in a million shows before.