Old 03-29-11, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Parenthood -- "Taking the Leap" -- 3/29/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Adam (Peter Krause) and Kristina (Monica Potter) have an unexpected meeting with the principal of Max's (Max Burkholder) school. Jabbar (Tyree Brown) is selected "Star of the Week" by his elementary school, causing Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) to work together, creating nostalgia for their past. Meanwhile, Amber (Mae Whitman) encounters a speed bump while working in her new job. Elsewhere, Joel (Sam Jaeger) and Julia (Erika Christensen) receive troubling news after a series of medical check ups and Zeek's (Craig T. Nelson) old friend, Gilliam T. Blount (guest star Richard Dreyfuss), shows interest in Sarah's (Lauren Graham) play.

Episode 19 of 22

Promo:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="512" height="354" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/5-0/swf/DirectWidget.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&configXML=http://www.nbc.com/service/videowidget/params/dmlkZW9faWQ9MTMxMzM5Mw==/"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/5-0/swf/DirectWidget.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&configXML=http://www.nbc.com/service/videowidget/params/dmlkZW9faWQ9MTMxMzM5Mw==/" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="512" height="354" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 03-29-11, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Taking the Leap" -- 3/29/11

Seems like FOREVER since there was a new one!
Old 03-29-11, 09:30 AM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Finally, a new episode
Old 03-30-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crosby still can't call Jasmin out on all the things she did to cause him to make his supremely boneheaded decision but she's just like "I can't ever forgive you, forget it."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 03-30-11, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
Crosby still can't call Jasmin out on all the things she did to cause him to make his supremely boneheaded decision but she's just like "I can't ever forgive you, forget it."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well he fucked someone else, she didn't.
He could have called of the engagement officially and dumped her if she made him feel so terrible. But no, he chose to cheat and now he's "I wasn't my fault, whine, whine, me, me, me".
Old 03-30-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Max was my kid, I'd slap the shit out of him.
Old 03-30-11, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
If Max was my kid, I'd slap the shit out of him.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. The sole thing that drives me nuts about this show, that makes me want to do bad, bad things, is this. There's being socially disconnected with a mild form of Autism, and there's just being an out of control piece of crap. In their effort to fictionalized Aspergers, they went way overboard.

Of course, the stuff with Adam's daughter and the boyfriend is equally cringe inducing. I vote for killing off both his kids after Max loses it and... Well, I'll spare the details. Would make for an interesting, and much improved, S3.
Old 03-30-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gunde
Well he fucked someone else, she didn't.
He could have called of the engagement officially and dumped her if she made him feel so terrible. But no, he chose to cheat and now he's "I wasn't my fault, whine, whine, me, me, me".
You're right but at the same time, he should not sit there and take all the brunt of the blame when the simple fact is this whole thing started because she wanted to call the engagement and everything off because he dared to tell her she wasn't always in the right and he wanted as much parenting rights as she had.

He should have thrown in there as well "Don't act like I'm coming back from abandoning him out of the blue, you're the one who kept him hidden from me for the past 5 years."

The producers just want to make everything Crosby's fault yet they're also clearly showing how it actually isn't all his fault and she's got problems too, but they seem to think she's allowed.
Old 03-30-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coladar
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. The sole thing that drives me nuts about this show, that makes me want to do bad, bad things, is this. There's being socially disconnected with a mild form of Autism, and there's just being an out of control piece of crap. In their effort to fictionalized Aspergers, they went way overboard.

Of course, the stuff with Adam's daughter and the boyfriend is equally cringe inducing. I vote for killing off both his kids after Max loses it and... Well, I'll spare the details. Would make for an interesting, and much improved, S3.
Bring in Jerry from Boston Legal I say!
Old 03-31-11, 12:51 PM

Jasminwalkswithangels. Clearly Crosby, and you folks need to deal with that.
Old 03-31-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, Minka Kelly is gorgeous.

Yeah I agree. They let him get away with way tooo much.
Old 03-31-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh my! Did NOT expect this thread to go where it has gone. I forgot what I wanted to discuss! NICE!