Old 03-28-11, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
United States of Tara -- Season Premiere -- "...youwillnotwin..." -- 3/28/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-03-28

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the third-season premiere, Tara decides to go back to college, which Max doesn't think is a good idea and frets that the stress may conjure up one of her alters. Meanwhile, Kate contemplates her future; pregnant Charmaine still won't commit to Neil; and Marshall and Lionel go in on a video camera for their filmmaking class.

Episode 1 of 12

Season 3 Trailer:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kc5On7Pc0mI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-28-11, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: United States of Tara -- Season Premiere -- "...youwillnotwin..." -- 3/28/11

Saw the first 2 episodes. The season is off to a great start.
Old 04-06-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 810 Likes on 565 Posts
Re: United States of Tara -- Season Premiere -- "...youwillnotwin..." -- 3/28/11

I guess there's still only a few people on this forum watching this show.

Decent start to the series so far.

I hope Kate (Brie Larson) isn't leaving the show. I like the character and she's pretty cute too.
Old 04-06-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I'm still watching, just not much to say.

The son looks and acts somewhat differently this season. It's the same actor though, right? Must just be normal changes at that age.

Also, have they dropped the main titles/Poylphonic Spree theme song? I know sometimes they skip them in premiere episodes, but I don't remember seeing it in the second episode either.
Old 04-06-11, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windom
Also, have they dropped the main titles/Poylphonic Spree theme song? I know sometimes they skip them in premiere episodes, but I don't remember seeing it in the second episode either.
They dropped them.
Old 04-06-11, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coral
I guess there's still only a few people on this forum watching this show.

Decent start to the series so far.

I hope Kate (Brie Larson) isn't leaving the show. I like the character and she's pretty cute too.
Yeah, I don't want her going to Japan, I just want her being around looking hot.
Old 04-06-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a good enough show to follow, but Brie was what really pushed me all the way over into wanting watching it by paying for Showtime for 3 months when I already watch too much television. If she goes, I'm not sure I'd keep watching.
Old 04-06-11, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm watching

I'm liking the addition of Eddie Izzard and I'm really happy with the increase in screen time for Patton Oswalt.

I'm the same as windom. Enjoying the show, but don't have much to say. On that note...
Old 04-07-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Personally, I think the addition of Eddie Izzard is just godawful, horrible, atrocious. And this is from someone who thought he was genius on The Riches. Bottom line, it's such a freaking TV show cliche. She's taking more than one class, right? And this is just an undergrad course on abnormal psychology, which might have one lecture out of an entire semester in multiple personalities. Then add the fact that it's a class of 50-60. Meets two times a week. And yet all of a sudden the good old Prof is playing such a vital and important role in Tara's life? Wtf? Like I said, it's just a cheap, poorly written and cliched way for a TV show to add a character.

Further, disappointed they went all out about Tara's past at the end of the season, and now it's been put on the back burner for her new best bud forevah, the Prof!

Positives, I agree, Patton Oswalt getting more screen time is a massive plus. Loving the plot and scenes between the sister and Oswalt. Brie is so damned hot it's insane. If she goes, so goes this show for me, she's 99% of the reason I'm sticking with it this year. She is just incredibly beautiful. She can sit on a cake any day of the week. Not enjoying them taking a step back and regressing on the "I'm a gay kid in a small town with all of two other gay kids." crap. Move the plot onward and upward, don't tread water or regress the way it seems they are about to.

And did I mention Brie is insanely attractive? Yowser.
Old 04-07-11, 11:34 AM

I've been a fan of Tara since day one, but part of the fun for me was always tuning in to watch the alters. They're hardly around anymore. Don't get me wrong, I understand you have to focus on the actual characters but it was fun to tune in and guess which alter was going to come out this week.

I read somewhere that this season we'll be seeing three new alters, which would bring the total to...ten, I think. Wow, that's a lot.
Old 04-07-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm quite interested in having a character who says "rubbish" in response to DID. It's at least interesting to see how outsiders, and even Tara herself, can disprove his thoughts that's it's just people with severe psychological issues looking to hide from things. Of course the show has taken a stance on the issue, complete with sounds effects, etc. to let us know a change is occurring, but I ignore all that and focus on the underlying issues. How does one prove DID?
Old 04-07-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
How does one prove DID?
You can't. Many psychiatrists don't even believe it's a real condition.