Old 03-28-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Castle -- "Law & Murder" -- 3/28/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
During the high-profile trial of a murdered socialite, a juror suddenly tumbles out of the jury box -- dead! When Castle & Beckett learn the juror was poisoned, their investigation soon uncovers that this seemingly innocent juror may not have been so innocent after all.

Episode 19 of 24
Old 03-29-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Law & Murder" -- 3/28/11

Well cant let this thread have no comment. I thought it was great. The scene at the end with the Forbidden Planet was nicely done.
Old 03-29-11, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watch, but don't post in these threads. I agree, another great episode. That last scene was nicely played by Castle.
Old 03-30-11, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't understand the whole thing with Castle's daughter. If your friends are going to try to get you to shoplift, and you won't do it, you shouldn't be friends with them.

I stopped hanging out with friends the minute they showed me they'd rather do illegal things like that. And to change a line of hers "It is that simple."
Old 03-30-11, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the daughter has always been too good to be true. Castle could find a video clip on Alexis's phone of her with a heroin needling in her arm, taking a train like a 11 year old Texan and it would turn out to be a misunderstanding regarding some charity project she was doing for orphan baby dolphins in hati. It undercuts most of her storylines but she's so damn cute I forgive her.

This episode had that moment where I immediately guessed who the killer was the moment they showed up on screen. The second they showed the son/brother restraining the father in the court I picked him. Sometimes it's just due to them casting a recognizable actor, but other times it's from the performance/writing/directing choices. It's not 100% but I noticed it happens on this show more than any other.

I know it's part of the show's schtick, but does anyone else sometimes get slightly annoyed by the meta refrences of "this is like a crime novel". I'm not talking about Castle's hypotheticals and far out theories, which are great, but like tonight, around the time they thought the victim was the killer on his own crime's jury, there was a line or two that took me out of the show because I was thinking: Of course it's like a fictional high intrigue crime, because this is a fictional show!

Last edited by wmansir; 03-30-11 at 04:10 AM.
Old 03-30-11, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
This episode had that moment where I immediately guessed who the killer was the moment they showed up on screen. The second they showed the son/brother restraining the father in the court I picked him. Sometimes it's just due to them casting a recognizable actor, but other times it's from the performance/writing/directing choices. It's not 100% but I noticed it happens on this show more than any other.
+1 I had the same exact thought when they first showed him. Why is it that they can't just shoot that like another scene? I'd like to be surprised at the end instead of knowing 5 minutes into the show.

I do agree the part at the end with Castle and Becket was well done.
Old 03-30-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07
+1 I had the same exact thought when they first showed him. Why is it that they can't just shoot that like another scene? I'd like to be surprised at the end instead of knowing 5 minutes into the show.
See that to me is sometimes part of the fun. You KNOW who done it, but you have to see how the clues LEAD them to catching that person. In a way, it is watching how a murder mystery gets written. The author knows the initial murder and who did it and how but then needs to create a cleverly constructed plot that leads the detective through the suspects to the actual perpetrator.