Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Full House Poker (XBLA) - Thread of All-In Action Against Bots in an MMO Setting

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Full House Poker (XBLA) - Thread of All-In Action Against Bots in an MMO Setting

Old 03-28-11, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

astrochimp - spacemunkey49's XBL profile
chuckd21 - SmarmyJerkface's XBL profile
edstein - edstein's XBL profile
Groucho - Runner Groucho's XBL profile
Jcheckel - JasonC11's XBL profile
Kedrix - Kedrix's XBL profile
Liver&Onions - Liverandonion's XBL profile
MrX - MrX5223's XBL profile
MWB - Matty1138's XBL profile
Nesbit - dmcclure1979's XBL profile
Obey the D - ntlbornkiller's XBL profile
orangecrush - IAMNOTwiththem's XBL profile
pinata242 - pinata242's XBL profile
starman9000 - StarNate SG9er's XBL profile
TLWizard - TLWizard's XBL profile
UncleGramps - UncleGramps's XBL profile

Spring 2011 Season Texas Heat Schedule:

April 23rd (Saturday) - COSTUME NIGHT

April 26th (Tuesday) - BEGINNERS NIGHT

April 30th (Saturday) - FAME PAYS NIGHT

May 3rd (Tuesday) - DOUBLE XP NIGHT

May 7th (Saturday) - LADIES NIGHT

May 10th (Tuesday) - BOYS NIGHT OUT

May 14th (Saturday) - PRO NIGHT

May 17th (Tuesday) - DOUBLE XP NIGHT

May 21st (Saturday) - COSTUME NIGHT

May 24th (Tuesday) - PRO NIGHT

BEGINNER'S NIGHT: All players level 10 or below get double bankroll payouts. (Not starting chips, just actual payouts.)

BOYS NIGHT OUT: All players with male avatars get double XP.

COSTUME NIGHT: All players wearing an in-game avatar costume get double XP.

DOUBLE XP NIGHT: All XP amounts awarded are doubled.

FAME PAYS NIGHT: All fame moment XP awards are 5x.

HYPERBLIND NIGHT: All blinds and antes are doubled to accelerate gameplay.

LADIES NIGHT: All players with female avatars get double XP.

PRO NIGHT: All players level 40 or above get double bankroll payouts. (Not starting chips, just actual payouts.)

Last edited by pinata242; 04-20-11 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-28-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Full House Poker (XBLA) - Thread of All-In Action Against Bots in an MMO Setting

Thank you.
Old 03-28-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Full House Poker (XBLA) - Thread of All-In Action Against Bots in an MMO Setting

Nice title.
Old 03-28-11, 12:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm not above changing my avatar and attending LADIES NIGHT in drag.
Old 03-28-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Darn you guys now for convincing me to get this game. I blame this DEDICATED THREAD.
Old 03-28-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Aaarrrgh... I'm feeling so much pressure now. Tell me what you think, Kedrix.
Old 03-28-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, I may have to join the fray.
Old 03-28-11, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Beginner's night tomorrow would be a great way to start.

I know everyone hears a lot of negative about the game, but everyone here that bitches about it still plays so that must say something, right? It's getting better all the time. They have active support (at least for now). It's fun!

And, besides, since when does Decker not buy things at full price
Old 03-28-11, 03:44 PM

I expect a full lobby of DVDTalkers in beginner's night tomorrow. For at least 10 seconds before it shoots us all into private rooms.
Old 03-28-11, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
I expect a full lobby of DVDTalkers in beginner's night tomorrow. For at least 10 seconds before it shoots us all into private rooms.
I think invites work well!

Someone else will have to invite starman, though, since he no longer exists to me.
Old 03-28-11, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Aaarrrgh... I'm feeling so much pressure now. Tell me what you think, Kedrix.
I think we are screwed . I'll probably show up tomorrow night, and at least mess around for a few beginner games. (Tonight is the last RAW before Wrestlemania, so I'm not going to miss that). Like I said a while back, if it gets me off Zygna poker on Facebook, I'm all for it.
Old 03-28-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
I know everyone hears a lot of negative about the game, but everyone here that bitches about it still plays so that must say something, right?

I've played NHL 11 more than any game the past few months, and all my friends and I do is complain about it.

Someone else will have to invite starman, though, since he no longer exists to me.
It's funny cause it hurts.
Old 03-28-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I saw this get some decent reviews - I think I'll be getting it.
Old 03-28-11, 04:41 PM

And, besides, since when does Decker not buy things at full price
Compelling argument, indeed. Besides, what the hell else am I going to spend my stockpile of points on?
Still there goes my one chance to say "Ha ha, I just saved $5! Suckers!" when Major Nelson posts his next XBLA sale information.
Old 03-28-11, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If nothing else, we could have enough people to do a scheduled multi-table tournament at some point. It does support up to 30 players.
Old 03-28-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If nothing else, we could have enough people to do a scheduled multi-table tournament at some point. It does support up to 30 players.
at the $50k level, make that shit worth it.
Old 03-28-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is this game going to turn out like the free texas hold'em game that came out a few years ago? Ton of people playing for a couple of months and then nothing.
Old 03-28-11, 07:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

I was one of the early bitchers, but I thought it played much better Saturday night.

I played a ranked match this afternoon that would not end. It was almost 2 hours total with myself and someone else playing head to head for about an hour.

And of course we had a cable puller that took second
Old 03-28-11, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Is this game going to turn out like the free texas hold'em game that came out a few years ago? Ton of people playing for a couple of months and then nothing.
Yes.
Old 03-29-11, 07:16 AM

I did end up downloading and playing the game a bit before my show started. I liked what I saw and it's a decent little poker game. I got to level 4 and a few achievements by messing around. However, I somehow won my table when I went online to ranked multiplayer even though I was only second place when the game "ended" (there was still several people at the table). So, I'm not sure exactly how that happened but I'm good with it. I'll show up tonight for the beginner's thing, mebee see a couple of ya there. It's not bad, just the bugs confuse me.
Old 03-29-11, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Grabbed it too. I hopped into a tournament, folded my first hand, and then the dealer just sat there so I eventually quit.
Old 03-29-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That would be awesome.
Old 03-29-11, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
I was one of the early bitchers, but I thought it played much better Saturday night.

I played a ranked match this afternoon that would not end. It was almost 2 hours total with myself and someone else playing head to head for about an hour.

And of course we had a cable puller that took second
I pretty much only stick to Standard games now because of that. I also need to set aside a good chuck of time to do the all pro take down again. That -100K hurts when you have to shut down and can't save. Does anyone know if you get chips in that takedown for anything other than first?
Old 03-29-11, 08:56 AM

I caved and got it too last night. I swear, I'm so susceptible to peer pressure in this forum that I'm considering breaking my phat PS3 just so I won't feel left out.
Hope to make the Beginner's Texas Heat tourney tonight if my schedule allows tonight.
Old 03-29-11, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I pretty much only stick to Standard games now because of that. I also need to set aside a good chuck of time to do the all pro take down again. That -100K hurts when you have to shut down and can't save. Does anyone know if you get chips in that takedown for anything other than first?
I haven't played the All-Pro yet. Waiting to break 500,000 bankroll before I try. Since it's a 10-person tournament, I would imagine they pay out to at least 3rd.

100,000 buy-in x 10 players = 1,000,000 pool. I know first gives 500,000, so I'd guess 2nd is 300,000 and 3rd is 200,000.

You could probably just sit back and let them devour each other while running out the blind timer

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.