Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 23, 2011

Old 03-23-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 23, 2011

Episode 6:

Spoiler:
Their Red-Headed Step Child

Matt and Krista duel on Redemption Island and bond over a luxury item. Phillip seeks to weaken Rob's powerful alliance.

Way too late for a poll.....hope Matt goes home this week.
Old 03-23-11, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Redemption Island -- March 23, 2011

Matt & Krista praying
Old 03-23-11, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, Julie is a real bitch. Ralph not brushing his teeth .
Old 03-23-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ometepe raped that challenge. Meanwhile, I'm raping a 24 pack
Old 03-23-11, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy shit, Phillip is fucking batshit insane.
Old 03-23-11, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Once again, Ralph fails the spelling test.

I love this season
Old 03-23-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a bad move. Sarita is worthless, I really thought they'd wise up there. It's Russell's curse.
Old 03-23-11, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Dave is starting to get on my nerves although he may be right. You can't keep a cancer like Stifinie around though.
Old 03-23-11, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Quack
Dave is starting to get on my nerves although he may be right. You can't keep a cancer like Stifinie around though.
They keep saying that. Russell was a cancer, Krista was a cancer, Steph was a cancer...

Now that they are all gone, they should be the best team ever now, right? I hope they lose everything til the merge, and I hope anyone that makes it to the merge somehow are the first to go. Their tribe is awful.
Old 03-23-11, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

I think getting rid of Stephanie was the right move. It's more important to have people who are loyal to you than it is to have people that are good in challenges. Besides it's not like Stephanie is Ozzy in challenges. I don't think there is that much difference between the two of them, and Stephanie would flip on them at a moment's notice.

If the merge happens soon they'll be glad they kept Sarita.
Old 03-23-11, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis

If the merge happens soon they'll be glad they kept Sarita.
Agreed. But this is where Redemption Island could hurt them. I still think Matt would stick with his own tribe. If Stephanie sends Matt home (Sarita never would), then she'll flip and stick with Rob's team. Either way, Rob's team is in a great place.

The guy I think may be trouble is Grant. He's way under the radar. But surely Rob'll sell him out the first chance he gets that it's safe.
Old 03-23-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Agreed. But this is where Redemption Island could hurt them. I still think Matt would stick with his own tribe. If Stephanie sends Matt home (Sarita never would), then she'll flip and stick with Rob's team. Either way, Rob's team is in a great place.

The guy I think may be trouble is Grant. He's way under the radar. But surely Rob'll sell him out the first chance he gets that it's safe.
If Matt comes back, I think where he goes depends on Andrea. I give her credit for doing a really good job of keeping her mouth shut. Then again, supposedly Rob and Matt had a good long talk at the last Redemption Island thing. And he did really bond with Krista, who hated her tribe. Basically, I don't think we know yet what Matt is going to do.

It would be funny if he got blindsided twice by the same group though.

As for Stephanie coming back and joining Rob...it's better she does that then betray you as one of your six. At least you really know where she stands in that situation.
Old 03-23-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah they could be looking at a 7-5 or even 7-4 advantage if they win the next challenge or two (and the RI winner comes back on their side)... though the other tribe will have loyalty (which may just serve to galvanize everyone else as anyone who would flip over to that alliance would clearly know they are an outsider living on borrowed time)

The Ralph tribe shouldn't have thrown a challenge early on and knowing they now have no margin for error heading into the merge they should have stuck with their best shot at winning before the merge. Their fate is pretty much dependent on winning the next challenge or two and having the numbers post merge... If they lose even just one more challenge, they likely start getting picked off post merge unless they somehow can tun the immunity idol into a blindside.
Old 03-24-11, 12:03 AM

Agreed, they a merged tribe will target him immediately seeing as he's probably the biggest individual challenge threat in the game. I know that he and Steve both played in the NFL, but Grant is killing in the challenges right now. He is like Ozzy and Colby's dreadlocked love child!

Originally Posted by wirefan
The Ralph tribe shouldn't have thrown a challenge early on and knowing they now have no margin for error heading into the merge they should have stuck with their best shot at winning before the merge. Their fate is pretty much dependent on winning the next challenge or two and having the numbers post merge... If they lose even just one more challenge, they likely start getting picked off post merge unless they somehow can tun the immunity idol into a blindside.
I am not too worried about that. If the merges happens when there are 10 players left (3 finalists and 7 jurors), then even if Zapetera loses the next two challenges, they will be down 6-4 entering the merge. All they have to do is flip one person from Ometepe to create a 5-5 deadlock which isn't impossible if you approach the bottom of the Ometepe 6 (i.e., Crazy Phil or Andrea). This isn't even counting the RI player who anticipate will be Matt, but I have no clue where his loyalties would be.
Old 03-24-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, that nurse is an Über bitch. I love how she equated being in pageants to being hard work. What a waste of space.

I can see where Phil is coming from, but his bat-shit crazy approach destroys any valid points that he does have. If he's acting for the camera in order to get more screen time, then he's killing it. However if he really is like that in real life, yeesh.

Finally, all the jesus talk.
Old 03-24-11, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

First Ressell, then Krasta, now Stifinie. It looks like Dayved may be next in line after sticking his neck out for Stif. Not a good time to single yourself out in that tribe.

I'm guessing the merge will happen in two weeks, which would mean either Matt, Stephanie, or the person voted out next week will be the one returning. That would give us a 3-person finale and a 9-person jury, as it has been the past few seasons. So I don't think any tribe is going to have that big of an advantage at the merge. There are potential flippers on both sides (Matt, Andrea, Phillip, David), so the game can go any which way.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It would be funny if he got blindsided twice by the same group though.
If a team blindsided a person earlier in the game, it can't really be considered a blindside if they vote that same person out again.

Last edited by dino88; 03-24-11 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-24-11, 12:57 AM

Ashley is awful.
Old 03-24-11, 03:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully Steph takes out the bible banger next week.
Old 03-24-11, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

at all the people so appalled by people sharing their faith.
Old 03-24-11, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
at all the people so appalled by people sharing their faith.
yeah I was chuckling too. Didn't realize it was so "painful" to have to hear the name Jesus for less than 5 min on a tv show.
Old 03-24-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 598 Likes on 483 Posts

Another ho hum episode. We need a merge.
Old 03-24-11, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mosquitobite
Didn't realize it was so "painful" to have to hear the name Jesus for less than 5 min on a tv show.
Here's a tip... for some of us it is.
Old 03-24-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 598 Likes on 483 Posts

I blame Jesus for Krista losing.
Old 03-24-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

No, she clearly blamed God for her loss not the son. And why doesn't the Holy Ghost ever get any love? I swear if I ever make it on a reality show every shout-out will be to that neglected third-stringer in the holy trifecta.

I'm sad that Sarah Silverman is gone as she was the only one on that sorry tribe with any fire in her.
Old 03-24-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by mosquitobite
yeah I was chuckling too. Didn't realize it was so "painful" to have to hear the name Jesus for less than 5 min on a tv show.
I think it is more of the "if I win, it is the will of god" type talk. Just like people playing football. They get a win and suddenly god wanted them to win and the other team to lose. It's just so asinine that that kind of talk gets old quite quickly.

I read someone saying that it was a miracle from god that some Japanese girl found her dog after the tragedy there. I guess they forgot that god let 10,000 or more people die but thank goodness he gave the dog back to that little girl. It's thinking like that that drives me batty. And it is even worse that such a large number of people in the world actually think that way. Sorry for the derail.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.