Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDPawn - Good or bad experiences?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone sold used DVDs to DVDPawn for PayPal or cash?

Back in 2009 they got an "F" rating by the BBB for failing to pay customers as promised:

"Rerun Media, which does business as DVDPawn.com and GamePawn.com., operates websites like online pawnshops where consumers can sell their used DVDs and video games for extra cash. Potential sellers register an account on the website and submit their list of game and movie titles for a quote. They then have 20 days to ship their items to Rerun Media. The company's website says customers are paid by check or Pay Pal the same day their merchandise is received. The problem is - consumers say they're not getting paid what they were promised or they're not getting paid at all. This company has an F rating from the BBB. Thanks to the Austin, Texas BBB for this information. "

Curious if they have cleaned up their act since then.
Old 03-23-11, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Re: DVDPawn - Good or bad experiences?

I need to find somewhere like this to unload a bunch of DVDs as well. I've got at least a couple of big stacks just waiting to get unloaded, but I just can't decide where. I'm sure I could get the most money going the eBay route and selling them individually, but it seems like it would be way too much work!
Old 03-23-11, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by clckworang
I need to find somewhere like this to unload a bunch of DVDs as well. I've got at least a couple of big stacks just waiting to get unloaded, but I just can't decide where. I'm sure I could get the most money going the eBay route and selling them individually, but it seems like it would be way too much work!
SecondSpin or Amazon
Old 03-23-11, 01:10 PM

The thing is, DVDPawn is offering to pay about 75% more than SecondSpin for the stack of DVDs I was looking to part with, but apparently it's too good to be true. I checked, and the current BBB rating is still an "F":

http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bus...in-tx-90011117
Old 03-23-11, 01:16 PM

Yikes, more testimonials warning against DVDPawn, ranging from 2008-2011...

http://www.johnbonk.net/?p=34

Last edited by gcbma; 03-23-11 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used this site years ago, 3-4 years ago maybe, and it was the best experience I had ever had with selling DVDs to a website at the time. I can't speak on it today, and it looks like you should stay far away from it now. But back then, I sold a ton of DVDs to them and got my money almost instantly and didn't have a single problem at all.

Then again I used to recommend DeepDiscount to everyone I ever talked to, and those days are long gone as well.