Old 03-22-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
No Ordinary Family -- "No Ordinary Animal" -- 3/22/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The Powell's lives are in danger when a super-villain with animal-like powers is tasked by Mrs. X (Lucy Lawless) to eliminate the family. Meanwhile, good girl Daphne takes a rebellious step by ditching school with boyfriend Chris to attend a Sara Bareilles music video shoot,; JJ becomes suspicious of Mr. Litchfield's motives when he's presented with different equations from those of the rest of the academic decathlon team; and Katie makes a shocking discovery about Joshua - aka The Watcher.

Episode 18 of 20

FYI, things are looking very grim for this show.

Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz signed on to Pilots for next season.

Episode 19 is being burned off this Saturday at 10pm. The season and most likely series finale will then air next Tuesday.
Old 03-22-11, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: No Ordinary Family -- "No Ordinary Animal" -- 3/22/11

Originally Posted by DJariya
Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz signed on to Pilots for next season.

Episode 19 is being burned off this Saturday at 10pm. The season and most likely series finale will then air next Tuesday.
Good for them, boo for us. This show was getting very fun towards the end. However, much like the ill-fated Eli Stone, Greg Berlanti and the writers took too long to get to the juicy parts and lost what little audience they had. Cross another one off my list, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up in advance on Saturday. I will check to make sure my DVR is going to catch it.
Old 03-22-11, 08:03 PM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eventually all shows from now on will introduce some element of time travel

---

btw, i liked the episode tonite...i chuckled several times, i found the daughter quite annoying though and the boyfriend too

thats all
Old 03-22-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the pilot but nothing sparked my interest enough to continue to watch.
Old 03-22-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

My DVR crapped out at the end. Can tell someone tell me what happened after Xena and Captain Decker started talking? I did catch Stephanie running at the end. So I guess she healed? Why was she running?

I don't see the show on the schedule for next Tuesday, only next Saturday. Is Saturday the finale?
Old 03-23-11, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say is:

She entered the Speed Force!
Old 03-23-11, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
My DVR crapped out at the end. Can tell someone tell me what happened after Xena and Captain Decker started talking? I did catch Stephanie running at the end. So I guess she healed? Why was she running?

I don't see the show on the schedule for next Tuesday, only next Saturday. Is Saturday the finale?
It's airing this Saturday (the 26th) at 10pm and next Tuesday (April 5th), which is the finale.

Apparently they needed to burn off episode 19 this Saturday so the show could wrap by April 5th and then Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution can make it's season premiere on the 12th. My guess, they just want to get this expensive failure off the air ASAP and bring in the cheap reality show to make up their losses.

I think if the show got better ratings, they would have padded out the season until May and that Jamie Oliver show would have premiered in the Summer. There is no chance in hell this returns.
Old 03-23-11, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX
eventually all shows from now on will introduce some element of time travel

I know some people were hoping no time travel with this show, I was sure was sure got the drug that it would hyper jump her powers, I was not thinking time travel until I saw how the speed was done.
Old 03-23-11, 02:43 PM

Just wondering if they are really going to end the show or just end the stop (no ending just leave you hanging in there)?
Old 03-23-11, 06:08 PM

Just wondering if they are really going to end the show or just end the stop (no ending just leave you hanging in there)?
Old 03-23-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
Originally Posted by drq2
Same exact post nearly 4 hrs apart.

good question though.
Old 03-23-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's obvious, the mother ran so fast that she'll reappear on a new fall pilot.

And I suspect we're not getting any kind of finale.
Old 03-23-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if ABC cut the episode count down once they realized that Eric Balfour had been cast.

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 03-23-11 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-23-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
I wonder if ABC cut the episode count down once they realized that Eric Valour had been cast.
His last name is Balfour (or is that a joke I'm not getting?)
Old 03-23-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

/\ No inside joke, just the auto correct on my phone.
Old 03-23-11, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved this episode. The writing still gets a little sloppy, but it's gotten really good lately. Nice fight between Jim and the claw guy. Too bad they started off with all the eye-rolling family drama.
Old 03-23-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
/\ No inside joke, just the auto correct on my phone.
That's an odd auto correct. I guess it's because the b and v keys are next to each other.
Old 03-23-11, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I loved this episode. The writing still gets a little sloppy, but it's gotten really good lately. Nice fight between Jim and the claw guy. Too bad they started off with all the eye-rolling family drama.
While I don't share your love for this episode, I do have agree with you on the quality of that fight. It was pretty refreshing to see a daylight battle, and while watching it, I couldn't help but think of how often Heroes would actually cut away from fight scenes.
Old 03-24-11, 12:35 AM

This show is pretty bad overall, but it really has improved. Still, a lot of little things bother me about the writing. Like, whose idea was it to have the kid that can read minds be fooled by Balfour claiming to be from the school? Couldn't she see through that pretty quickly?
Old 03-24-11, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Daphne doesn't read minds 24/7 and according to the storyline, had no reason to suspect motives. Still, it'd be awful tempting if a guy walked up to me and said my parent was hurt to read his mind and get the rest of the story rather than waiting for whatever he decides to share.
Old 03-24-11, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by windom
My DVR crapped out at the end. Can tell someone tell me what happened after Xena and Captain Decker started talking?
We found out that he works for her, as in it's her company.. they look over some formula on a cpu screen, it's mostly the stuff the chaka kid had been tricked into work on.. guy mentioned how he thinks this formula will make it so the injections that give people the super powers will not wear off..

as for why Julie Benz character goes for a run.. it was just that she felt like it.. Ohhh that's some good writing.

as for the ep over all, it was ok.. Show has sort of grown on me this season in sort of a B grade movie vibe so I'll over look a lot of junk. Come on, the girl walks around reading minds for random stuff but when she needs to, all of sudden she doesn't. Plus who heads UP to the roof to talk to someone?..

what teenage girl is all "Oh hey large strange guy, I'll just head off with him".. Ya know, when she can read minds.. meh..

no mentioned of the concert guard being SHAYTARD from youtube? Nice little random walk on sort of walk on role for him I guess.
Old 03-24-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
This show is pretty bad overall, but it really has improved. Still, a lot of little things bother me about the writing. Like, whose idea was it to have the kid that can read minds be fooled by Balfour claiming to be from the school? Couldn't she see through that pretty quickly?
....or that the mother didn't see the guy was going to stab her in the living room. I thought she can see in slow motion. Shit, she just saw the guy for what he was and she calmly walks up to him. What an idiot. I thought at least she would have moved out of the way like she initially did when he first attacked. The son should also have figured out to track his sister through her cellphone before the mother ever left to go back to the house. There were too many other holes in the story; a lot of logic was thrown out the window. I really wanted to like this show but the common sense of the characters is nowhere to be seen and not just in this one episode.
Old 03-24-11, 10:40 AM
ATX

^ yeah that shit had bugged me when the daughter of all times didn't think to read the mind of a total stranger that approaches her with vague news about her moms, um yeah that makes perfect sense

then her dad told her to go while he's fighting milo and she just stands there

i think they should have just moved the show on ABC family like they did with Kyle XY back then
Old 03-24-11, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ATX
i think they should have just moved the show on ABC family like they did with Kyle XY back then
Kyle XY was always on ABC family first, but it may have had special second airings on ABC.
Old 03-24-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
....or that the mother didn't see the guy was going to stab her in the living room. I thought she can see in slow motion. Shit, she just saw the guy for what he was and she calmly walks up to him. What an idiot. I thought at least she would have moved out of the way like she initially did when he first attacked. The son should also have figured out to track his sister through her cellphone before the mother ever left to go back to the house. There were too many other holes in the story; a lot of logic was thrown out the window. I really wanted to like this show but the common sense of the characters is nowhere to be seen and not just in this one episode.
That was another issue, she is fast enough to see someones moments to move out of the way of getting stabbed, just how that type of speed works yet they do not even understand it themselves.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.