Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Children Of The Corn triple feature Kmart $7.50

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-11, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Children Of The Corn triple feature Kmart $7.50

While on the hunt for the Memento blu ray today I was surprised to see the Children Of The Corn 2, 3 and 4 triple feature for $7.50. This is supposed to be released on 4/12 by Echo Bridge. Also picked up a Fred Williamson triple feature for $3.99 and some Soul Cinema double features for $5 each.
Old 03-22-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Children Of The Corn triple feature Kmart $7.50

Thanks for the heads up, part 2 and 3 are hilarious, I will have to keep an eye out for the set.
Old 03-22-11, 07:25 PM

also other miramax echo bridge titles are out at kmart as well
Old 03-23-11, 08:12 AM

I posted something about this back on the 15th. Great deals!
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...ets-kmart.html
Old 03-23-11, 10:21 AM

K-mart used to get some very interesting titles you didn't see at other stores...but they kind of ran dry on interesting titles , IMO and since the closest store is 12 miles away, haven't been in awhile. Sounds like I need to check them out again....
Old 03-27-11, 02:21 AM
Cool New Member

Scoured my K-Mart, no such luck. The one by me sucks realllly badly. Dirty and smells of the Little Caesars inside of it. Guess I just have to wait for the release on Amazon or Walmart
Old 03-28-11, 03:47 PM

walmart started putting out alot of these today. only seen the two pack of children of the corn though.
Old 03-28-11, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 1rst one and will stop there as I heard 2 & 3 sucked!
Old 03-28-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 and 3 do suck, but they suck in a tremendously amusing way. Lots of ridiculous death scenes and hilariously terrible acting.
Old 03-30-11, 01:28 PM

Looked at the local K-mart and no luck on finding the Children of the Corn 3pack. Searching the bin,I did find a few other $5 dvd multipacks.Got some Full Moon movies:Puppetmaster 1-3, Gingerdead Man 1-2,and a Demonic Toys 3 movie pack.
Old 03-30-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Also I think it was mentioned over in the DVD forums, but Children of the Corn 2 is full screen on this disc.
Old 03-30-11, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by richardslinger
Looked at the local K-mart and no luck on finding the Children of the Corn 3pack. Searching the bin,I did find a few other $5 dvd multipacks.Got some Full Moon movies:Puppetmaster 1-3, Gingerdead Man 1-2,and a Demonic Toys 3 movie pack.
didn't know this one existed.

the hunt continues tomorrow.....
Old 03-30-11, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I scoured the Colonie, NY store yesterday for this set but couldn't find it. Did pick up a couple $9.99 DVDs part of a BoGo sale.
Old 03-31-11, 12:22 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dan31655
didn't know this one existed.

the hunt continues tomorrow.....

was this one (Gingerdead Man) a $5 set?! cuz i want!
Old 03-31-11, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by FiendCameron
was this one (Gingerdead Man) a $5 set?! cuz i want!
Yes it was.. Gingerdead Man 1 and 2 for 5 bucks.Both movies are on the same side of the dvd(not a flipper disc). No extras are included,though the trailer to part 2 plays at the end of the 1st movie.
Old 03-31-11, 01:21 PM

Yep.... found a few copies of gingerdead man today. Thanks.
Old 04-01-11, 04:23 PM

I was at KMart and saw Hell Raiser 3-5 triple feature from Echo Bridge for $7.50. Broke down and got it (have so many unwatched movies, I decided not to buy anymore, but I don't have any horror movies left in the unwatched bin, sooo).

Anyway, #3 is full screen. I simply do not understand why in this day and age a new release of a widescreen movies is in full screen. Boggles my mind. Transfer was weak in my opinion.

#4 and 5 are 16:9. Transfers are good.

There are only chapter menus.. that's it..

But the bad thing is the audio.. Really, really, bad..Didn't even think it was 5.1. In fact, on #4 it seems that every footstep had an echo to it (no joke). I wonder if that is how Echo Bridge got their name.
Old 04-04-11, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Steve
I was at KMart and saw Hell Raiser 3-5 triple feature from Echo Bridge for $7.50. Broke down and got it (have so many unwatched movies, I decided not to buy anymore, but I don't have any horror movies left in the unwatched bin, sooo).

Anyway, #3 is full screen. I simply do not understand why in this day and age a new release of a widescreen movies is in full screen. Boggles my mind. Transfer was weak in my opinion.

#4 and 5 are 16:9. Transfers are good.

There are only chapter menus.. that's it..

But the bad thing is the audio.. Really, really, bad..Didn't even think it was 5.1. In fact, on #4 it seems that every footstep had an echo to it (no joke). I wonder if that is how Echo Bridge got their name.
Is it really that bad? Cuz I considered it. Was also curious about WS and pixelization. They all on one disc?

They also had 'Prophecy' 1 and 2 set for same price. Both are listed as WS on back of case, but one can never tell.

Too, they had a set of three Dolph Lundgren flicks I'd been interested in seeing at one point years ago. 'Blackjack' (directed by John Woo), 'Men of War' (cowritten by John Sayles) and one directed by Ted Kotcheff ('First Blood', 'Uncommon Valor'). It was $5. Almost bit, but 'Men' wasn't listed as being WS and just last week, I saw a (scratched up) used copy of original Miramax release that listed its ratio as 2.35 - pan and scan on that would suck, especially when all pixelated. Anyone have info on this one?

Also noticed separate 'Children of the Corn 2' single disc for $5.

Sadly, no Full Moon stuff. =\
Old 04-04-11, 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=NYCMan;10709080]Is it really that bad? Cuz I considered it. Was also curious about WS and pixelization. They all on one disc?

# 3 and 4 are on one side. #5 is on the other. 1 flipper (ugh).

#4 and 5 PQ is good. The sound is 'okay' but those echoes got to me. perhaps they were on the source, but I don't remember hearing them before. Still VERY watchable..

#3 is really bad, in my opinion. Full screen and fair PQ..

I got this really for #4 (which is my favorite. I know, most people hate that one but its the only one that hold up for me after repeat viewings), and I always wanted to see one of the sequels..

glad I got it. But definitely don't get it if you really are interested in #3.
Old 04-04-11, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by NYCMan
Too, they had a set of three Dolph Lundgren flicks I'd been interested in seeing at one point years ago. 'Blackjack' (directed by John Woo), 'Men of War' (cowritten by John Sayles) and one directed by Ted Kotcheff ('First Blood', 'Uncommon Valor'). It was $5. Almost bit, but 'Men' wasn't listed as being WS and just last week, I saw a (scratched up) used copy of original Miramax release that listed its ratio as 2.35 - pan and scan on that would suck, especially when all pixelated. Anyone have info on this one?
I have the set and it is indeed in widescreen. The only one not in WS on that set is blackjack.
Old 04-04-11, 04:06 PM

I have the set and it is indeed in widescreen. The only one not in WS on that set is blackjack.
Hah! Of course, 'Blackjack' is listed as WS on back cover.
Thanks a lot for info. Will pick up next visit.
Old 04-04-11, 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Steve;10709268]
Originally Posted by NYCMan
Is it really that bad? Cuz I considered it. Was also curious about WS and pixelization. They all on one disc?

# 3 and 4 are on one side. #5 is on the other. 1 flipper (ugh).

#4 and 5 PQ is good. The sound is 'okay' but those echoes got to me. perhaps they were on the source, but I don't remember hearing them before. Still VERY watchable..

#3 is really bad, in my opinion. Full screen and fair PQ..

I got this really for #4 (which is my favorite. I know, most people hate that one but its the only one that hold up for me after repeat viewings), and I always wanted to see one of the sequels..

glad I got it. But definitely don't get it if you really are interested in #3.
Thanks for the details, mate. And I like 4, too. Dug the look and the score when I saw it in a theater way back when. 5 was by the dude did that 'Emily Rose' movie, if I'm not getting my sequels mixed up. Some cool stuff in that one, too.
Old 04-08-11, 04:45 AM

Bought it yesterday and 'Men' is indeed FULL screen, along with 'Blackjack' - watched about a minute and the pan and scan made me dizzy (original aspect ratio is 2.35). Disappointing, as I'd always heard it was decent and it has the best pedigree of the three flicks.
With Echo Bridge, I've found that unless WS is specified on cover art, it's a pan and scan job.
Also procured shit bootleg copy of 'Rent A Cop' at $3.99 - too pricey, yes, but don't see a digitally remastered special edition of this barely incidental goof being released anytime soon.
And a copy of 'Kids in America' (2005) for $1.99, of which they had a dozen or more copies (along with a slew of other titles for same price).
Noticed, too, more Echo Bridge 'Miramax' titles including 'The Crow 2', 'Dead Man' (Johnny Depp), Rodriguez's 'The Faculty', 'Dracula 2000', and a double feature of 'Dracula 2000' 2 and 3, all at $5. Doubtful, though, they have same special features as original Miramax releases ('Dracula 2000' was especially loaded upon first release).
Old 04-08-11, 10:49 AM

My bad then. I played it in vlc player and it looked widescreen. Looking at it again right now, I can clearly see I was wrong and notice it's a bit stretched.