Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Shipped DVD's from reel not recieved

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Shipped DVD's from reel not recieved

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-00, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I'am currently waiting for the following dvd's from REEL to ship to the UK.
I recieved emails from reel sayng they had been shipped on the dates below

Sleepy Hollow shipped 5/20/2000
Green Mile shipped 6/10/2000
Galaxy Quest DTS shipped 6/7/2000

Is any one else still waiting for these DVD's to arrive ??, as they were all shipped before REEL closed..

Cheers

Gordon
Old 06-20-00, 10:59 AM

I ordered Sleepy Hollow as well and haven't received it yet. There is a thread in this forum about delays for stuff arriving at Heathrow at the end of May, which may be where they all are. I hope this is the case because I doubt there'd be much chance of anyone left at Reel sending new copies, and buy definitely won't do it to us international customers

------------------
[\/]
|OO|
\ ~/
| |
|!!|____
0000___/
Old 06-20-00, 11:01 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have almost exactly the same list, however I received Sleepy Hollow and Fight Club but am still waiting for Galaxy Quest DTS and Green Mile...
Old 06-20-00, 12:01 PM

My list is :-

Marnie Coll.Ed. Shipped 05/31/2000
Interview with the Vampire Shipped 06/03/2000
Fight Club Shipped 06/03/2000
Twister Shipped 06/06/2000
Conan the Barbarian Shipped 06/07/2000
Green Mile Shipped 06/10/2000
Cliffhanger Shipped 06/10/2000

...I'm still hopeful...just!
Old 06-20-00, 12:09 PM

Lethal Weapon Director's Cut 1,2,3
Sleepy Hollow

All shipped 6/6.

I hope that DHL, UPS or whatever company they used for shipping, not refuse to ship because of the risk that they won't get paid!

[This message has been edited by craig_karriarist (edited June 20, 2000).]
Old 06-20-00, 01:08 PM

Still waiting on Sleepy Hollow, shipped 20/05.
Old 06-20-00, 01:11 PM
Cool New Member

Sleepy Hollow (2x) 06/01
Green Mile 06/10
Bicentennial Man 06/10
Silence of the Lambs (CC) 05/09!
Robocop (CC) 05/09!
Antz 05/09!
Natural Born Killers 05/09!
Rock 05/09!
Saving Private Ryan 05/10!
Army of Darkness 05/10!
Prince of Egypt 05/10!
I know what ..../I still know.... 05/11!

Damned customs or damned thieves - that is the question!!!!

------------------
With love from Woschele
Old 06-20-00, 01:43 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by exm:
I have almost exactly the same list, however I received Sleepy Hollow and Fight Club but am still waiting for Galaxy Quest DTS and Green Mile...<HR>

Ummm... so a completely different list then?

Old 06-20-00, 05:33 PM
Cool New Member

I reveived Fight Club yesterday and am still waiting for Green Mile and Galaxy Quest.
Old 06-20-00, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is no reason for any Reel packages to be delayed at customs as they ship from within the EU.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 06-20-00, 08:17 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jonathan.e:
There is no reason for any Reel packages to be delayed at customs as they ship from within the EU.<HR>

They have the right to inspect any package that is imported into this country, regardless of where it came from. Naughty stuff from France, Germany, Holland or any other completely uncivilised country, for example...
Old 06-20-00, 08:56 PM
Cool New Member

There is no reason for any Reel packages to be delayed at customs as they ship from within the EU.

More human, than Human
<HR>

How come I paid tax on reel shippings 3 times - with my shippings being opened by German customs.....

------------------
With love from Woschele
Old 06-20-00, 08:57 PM
Cool New Member

More human, than Human
<HR>

How come I paid tax on reel shippings 3 times - with my shippings being opened by German customs.....

------------------
With love from Woschele
Old 06-20-00, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

woschele I’ve had over 800 discs from Reel and Amazon and not one has ever been held up or incurred duty - That kind of quantity over the period of about a year was no accident. I’m not sure if German customs has different powers but UK customs cannot charge duty on shipments originating within the EU, it would be a restriction of free trade.

More human, than Human
Old 06-20-00, 09:16 PM

actually the Discs are not send within the EU!
First they are sent from USA to DHL-Mail HQ( called Multi MAil Management I think).
That makes them , actually to non-EU-shipments!
Sometimes the customs get it!( I had to pay too, several times!)
Old 06-20-00, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From Reel USA to Amsterdam and then from there to the UK

More human, than Human

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited June 20, 2000).]
Old 06-20-00, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So the topic was what happens when we lose a shipment from Reel, where to complain?LIke i been waitinf for Fight Club and also Green Mile and its been 2 weeks so i guess they are lost somewhere..so what else can we do?

------------------
My slow growing collectionhttp://www.dvdtracker.com/~kumarav
Old 06-20-00, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kumar J:
So the topic was what happens when we lose a shipment from Reel, where to complain?LIke i been waitinf for Fight Club and also Green Mile and its been 2 weeks so i guess they are lost somewhere..so what else can we do?
<HR>

You should be able to get a refund if you contact the normal reel customer support channels but you've got no chance of a reshipment I don't think.

I'm currently waiting on 3 reel orders myself and are hoping that none of them go astray.

Chris D
Old 06-21-00, 04:12 AM

Kumar,
if your reel shipment was via DHL Worldmail - goodluck getting your packages. I have 14 out of 15 missing when I use Worldmail. Somehow, this is only true for those of us in Japan (other Japan based forum members can attest to this)

However, via International Priority I received 100% of my packages (even before street date). I will miss reel because of this and BFL.

I hope BFL becomes a express.com partner

weapon_x11
Old 06-21-00, 06:38 AM

Hi All,

I've just recieved my

Galaxy Quest & Green Mile DVD's from reel

I emailed reel to find out where what had happened to sleepy hollow shipped 20/5/2000
and they sent me an email saying they were refunding me for the disk - but no replacment disk

I think i'll order my replacement from dvdboxoffice - as although they can be slow they are fairly reliable and cheap + no customs problems as they ship dvd's individualay and packages arrive from address in the UK

Chrz

Gordon
Old 06-21-00, 07:37 AM

Received 'Green Mile', 'Twister' and 'Cliffhanger' this morning. Still waiting for 'Marnie', 'Fight Club', Conan...' and 'Interview with the Vampire'. At least this latest shipment has given me some hope for the rest.
...any more news on the Heathrow delay?
Old 06-21-00, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had my problems with missing shipment from Reel last year but since this year all thier shipments came through.
Sure weapon_x11 i am also dissapointed in losing Reel and BFL things.Now i am undecide wheater to buy from Express or DVD empire as we still don't know which one of them is gonna be with BFL. I did wrote an email complaning to Rell about missing shipment and still waiting for thier answer.

------------------
My slow growing collectionhttp://www.dvdtracker.com/~kumarav
Old 06-21-00, 07:49 AM

woschele I’ve had over 800 discs from Reel and Amazon and not one has ever been held up or incurred duty - That kind of quantity over the period of about a year was no accident. I’m not sure if German customs has different powers but UK customs cannot charge duty on shipments originating within the EU, it would be a restriction of free trade.
<HR>

jonathan.e: the point was about delays. You said there was no reason for a delay since the packages were sent from within the EU. This is rubbish. Customs can (and will) delay packages if they feel like it, since they have a "responsibility" to make sure we aren't being corrupted by illegal material.

Charges are a different thing altogether.
Old 06-21-00, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

R2-D2, chill out, I was just reporting my experiences based on the fact that none of my stuff has ever been held up (including the six Reel packages I had yesterday and today). If, as you say, UK customs were intent upon examining packages originating from within the EC you’d think I would have had items held up at some point. Customs are much more focused on goods shipped outside of the EC as this is a revenue generating area where charges are applied (I’ve lost count of the number of CDNow deliveries I’ve paid duty on - purely because they ship from the States, and all of a lesser $ value than my Reel shipments) so they are much more likely to devote their limited manpower and resources to an area where there will at least be some income generated from duty and VAT.

I’m willing to bet that when you do get your packages (people in the UK) the delay will not have been down to any customs related issues.

More human, than Human

[This message has been edited by jonathan.e (edited June 21, 2000).]
Old 06-21-00, 11:57 AM
Cool New Member

More human, than Human
<HR>

Talking of customs powers, thought you might be interested to know that actually being in possession of goods on which the duty/VAT has not been paid is in itself a criminal offence. To quote the appropriate section of the Customs & Excise Management Act 1979
s.170
1) ...if any person
(a) knowingly acquires possession of any of the following goods, that is to say
(ii) goods which are chargeable with a duty which has not been paid;

So...if they ever figure out all this tax dodging going on then expect a visit at 3 in the morning ..... and remember they don't even need a search warrant!!!!

...well, that's me emigrating with my DVD collection

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.