Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Detroit 1-8-7 -- Series Finale (Special Night) -- "Blackout" -- 3/20/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Did you like Detroit 1-8-7 and would you want a 2nd season?
Yes, Loved the show. Great characters. I will come back for season 2
70.00%
Meh, It was alright. Nothing really memorable about it.
16.67%
No, it was just a wanna be NYPD Blue. Another boring & predictable cop show.
3.33%
Never had any interest in watching it. Too many Cop shows
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-11, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Fitch's past comes back to haunt him when his old New York nemesis, Albert Stram, makes his presence known in Detroit just as the veteran detective is enjoying spending time with his son, Bobby. Stram's not so subtle threats shake the usually unflappable Fitch. Meanwhile, the other detectives are called to the scene of a horrific homicide to find an entire family brutally murdered. Fitch tries to put the pieces of the puzzle together and it leads him to a devastating conclusion. With his back against the wall, Fitch asks Washington to protect Bobby, then leads Longford and Mahajan on an extremely dangerous mission to trap Stram; but which side of the law will he come down on in order to save his family and those in the squad? Meanwhile, Longford has second thoughts about his retirement; but is it too late? It's a crucial turning point in the lives of all the detectives.

Episode 18 of 18

No, this has not been officially cancelled, but it's DOA. I liked it for the most part, but I know it was a mostly forgettable procedural for most of you. It's a shame that the city of Detroit is going to lose this production.

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DUyJjNVX7HE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-20-11, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Detroit 1-8-7 -- Series Finale (Special Night) -- "Blackout" -- 3/20/11

I voted for the last option, because I'd see previews for this while watching "V" and like other series on the air (Blue Bloods, The Chicago Code, where not even Tim Minear is enough to persuade me to give it a try because...) I'm burnt out on Cop Shows. I'm down to SouthLAnd (true Cop Show if there ever was one), Castle (less cop, more comedic and light) and Bones (procedural takes a back seat to the characters and it's a lot of fun).

Sorry this one is going away, but there are indeed too many "Cop Shows" out there.
Old 03-20-11, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted the 1st choice - though it's not the characters (I couldn't name anyone other than Fitch), it's the style that I like. It's very much like a lesser Homicide. That's not an insult. I'd much rather lose The Chicago Code than this.
Old 03-20-11, 08:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

ABC promos have been saying this is the 'Season Finale' so I'm holding out hope until it's officially gone. This was my favorite new show of the year, so I'm bummed that the ratings were never great and that ABC shuffled it around a lot.
Old 03-20-11, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
I voted for the last option, because I'd see previews for this while watching "V" and like other series on the air (Blue Bloods, The Chicago Code, where not even Tim Minear is enough to persuade me to give it a try because...) I'm burnt out on Cop Shows. I'm down to SouthLAnd (true Cop Show if there ever was one), Castle (less cop, more comedic and light) and Bones (procedural takes a back seat to the characters and it's a lot of fun).

Sorry this one is going away, but there are indeed too many "Cop Shows" out there.
The fact that you watch Bones and Castle over this is pretty sad.
Old 03-20-11, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
The fact that you watch Bones and Castle over this is pretty sad.
Alright I wouldn't go that far. You can't really compare Bones and Castle to this show. Those shows are more light and comedic. The only thing they have in common with Detroit 187 is being a procedural drama with some serialized arcs.

Let's get real though. Even though this show had it's moments and a fairly decent cast, noone is going to remember it a year or 2 years from now. There will probably be 10 new law enforcement dramas on the air next season on the different networks.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-21-11 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-21-11, 12:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I think this show started out strong but when the FBI Agent "joined" it started to go under.
Old 03-21-11, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been making my way through this the last couple weeks, thought it was solid, then they kept adding blonde girls with personality defects. Like some studio exec thought this show was missing weird blondes.
Old 03-21-11, 04:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Imperioli was insanely good in the finale. The bathroom scene was intense and true. Kind of a shame that he cannot find success after the Sopranos.

I said it already but I'm super bummed this is probably not going to be picked up. I think it's good enough to warrant more episodes and it's clear that the people working on the show believe that they are making a good product.

I guess it's back to kung-fu Hawaii 5-0!!!
Old 03-22-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by david12
Imperioli was insanely good in the finale. The bathroom scene was intense and true. Kind of a shame that he cannot find success after the Sopranos.
True - after Life on Mars only last 17 episodes, he's running a single season track record.
Old 03-22-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts

Really enjoy the show - hope it comes back next season.
Old 03-22-11, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I voted "meh." I liked it a lot at first but just lost interest. I'll catch the last few episodes on hulu.
Old 03-22-11, 09:08 PM
ATX

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I voted "meh." I just lost interest.
characters never were that great to me that made me wanna watch or care about the next new episode
Old 03-23-11, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to all the Detroit 187 haters out there but this is easily one of the better shows on television right now. Maybe because it is based in Detroit and not New York City or Chicago, people do not have any interest in it.
Old 03-23-11, 07:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by djones6746
Sorry to all the Detroit 187 haters out there but this is easily one of the better shows on television right now. Maybe because it is based in Detroit and not New York City or Chicago, people do not have any interest in it.
I agree with you. I'll miss this show if it gets cancelled. Easily one of the best procedural shows airing right now. Imperiolli alone makes it awesome.
Old 03-23-11, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked this show a lot, but i think it's going to get canceled. Stinks as it is one of the better cop shows on and the on location filming in Detroit is good for the area.