Old 03-14-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
The Chicago Code -- "The Gold Coin Kid" -- 3/14/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When Superintendent Colvin calls upon Detectives Wysocki and Evers to locate a drug supplier who sent the son of an influential couple into a drug-induced coma, they uncover a more elaborate murder case. As the evidence stacks up, a downtown club where rich men and pretty women mix becomes the focal point of the case. Meanwhile, Teresa has her eyes set on securing funding to buy the department new radios.

Episode 6 of 13

Sneak Peak with some cast interviews:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AOLf8DPUSLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-15-11, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Chicago Code -- "The Gold Coin Kid" -- 3/14/11

Another solid episode.
Old 03-15-11, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk God

I liked this episode, but I didn't love it.

I thought it was odd that they went from such a big event/storyline with Liam and Gibbons last week to a self contained episode. Plus Gibbons was nowhere to be found here. Another weird part was Wysocki all of the sudden asking Caleb where he went to school when they have already worked together for several weeks.

Okay, Colvin's hat that she wore out in the field looks fucking ridiculous. I don't know what's the point of her wearing it.

I liked Stacy Haiduk as the Madam. If you watched Southland earlier this season, she was the slutty Red Head Sally.

The blonde who Caleb and Wysocki interviewed was gorgeous. Thought it was funny that she started making up shit about her roommate and her boyfriend.

Surprised that Vonda took the hit for not padding down the suspect & locating the gun. Hopefully they will re-address that later on after she talked to her Uncle on why she did it.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-15-11 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-15-11, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Oh and I bet noone noticed this. The Director of this episode was Lesli Linka Glatter, who is also an Executive Producer on the show. I noticed her EP credit was spelled "Lesli", which is correct. But her Director credit was spelled "Leslie" Ooops!
Old 03-15-11, 08:59 AM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Yeah, solid episode last night. I liked Evers confronting Wysocki at the end, "You tell lies to your fiance...not your partner." The bit about the radios was good too.
Old 03-15-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moosekian is a silly name.
Old 03-15-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Surprised that Vonda took the hit for not padding down the suspect & locating the gun. Hopefully they will re-address that later on after she talked to her Uncle on why she did it.
I would imagine it was because she knew she would get a pass because of her uncle. It also will help her fit in with the street squad since she took one for the team.
Old 03-15-11, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and I bet noone noticed this. The Director of this episode was Lesli Linka Glatter, who is also an Executive Producer on the show. I noticed her EP credit was spelled "Lesli", which is correct. But her Director credit was spelled "Leslie" Ooops!
The thing that she really overused in this episode was having an extra walking by as a wipe to switch to another camera angle. Maybe use that during a busy, frantic scene, but she used it a couple of dozen times at least during conversations. Otherwise, I missed Gibbons.
Old 03-15-11, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone find Wysocki (the uncle, not the niece) hard to look at?
Old 03-15-11, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
Funny you should mention that. My mother also watches the show and she hates Jason Clarke's face for some reason.
Old 03-15-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He sort of has this weird CHucky-ish doll face going on.
Old 03-15-11, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

probably my least fav episode of the season, but pretty good still! I love plots relating to uncover missions, so hopefully we can get deeper into those storylines
Old 03-15-11, 03:00 PM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Absolutely. He's the ugliest man on television after Dax Sheppard. His voice is annoying too. But Wysocki is still a weirdly awesome character.
Old 03-15-11, 03:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I liked this episode, but I didn't love it.

Another weird part was Wysocki all of the sudden asking Caleb where he went to school when they have already worked together for several weeks.
I noticed that myself. There seemed to be a lot of expository dialogue in this episode and I wondered if it wasn't supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd episode, or maybe even stuff that was originally cut out of the pilot. Maybe they had originally intended to have a 2 hour pilot?
Old 03-15-11, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

grape soda in front of the black suspect getting questioned?
really?
Old 03-15-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was odd that they went from such a big event/storyline with Liam and Gibbons last week to a self contained episode. Plus Gibbons was nowhere to be found here. Another weird part was Wysocki all of the sudden asking Caleb where he went to school when they have already worked together for several weeks.
While it doesn't need to be the focus week in and week out you think they would give the main story arc a little time... and I completely agree that just dropping the bomb with a body being in the house last week and not followup up on that even a little was odd and takes away from it. (Not to mention wouldn't Wysocki be following up on who the dead body was and what his connection to the Irish or Gibbons was?)

As for the conversation the only thing I can think of is that since he supposedly goes through so many partners maybe it's expected that he doesn't bother to ask personal questions for a while assuming they'll wash out. (of course in this case wasn't he just testing Caleb after reading his personnel file?)
Old 03-15-11, 07:10 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to comments from Shawn Ryan's twitter and Alan Sepinwall's blog, this episode was produced much earlier (like 2nd or 3rd after the pilot) and then moved later.
Old 03-15-11, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Quatermass
I noticed that myself. There seemed to be a lot of expository dialogue in this episode and I wondered if it wasn't supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd episode, or maybe even stuff that was originally cut out of the pilot. Maybe they had originally intended to have a 2 hour pilot?
that plus the two new task force people saying that yesterday they were still patrol officers
haven't they been on the task force for multiple episodes now?