Old 03-13-11, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Shameless -- "Nana Gallagher Had an Affair" -- 3/13/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-12-12

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Monica returns and the Gallagher clan are in a tizzy as they try to determine if Frank is their real father. And Fiona, who is thoroughly disgusted with Monica, decides to move in next door with Steve. Meanwhile, Eddie invites Karen to a Purity Ball; and Frank uses Carl in an effort to thwart a disability worker's attempt to pull the plug on the state funds he receives.

Episode 10 of 12

This was reported 1 month ago, but Amy Smart will guest star in the last 2 episodes of the season.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/02/02/amy-smart-shameless/
Old 03-14-11, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Shameless -- "Nana Gallagher Had an Affair" -- 3/13/11

Another good episode. I said it last week but I love the way it mixes in the drama with the comedy. Ian visiting Mickey in jail was great.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about the Karen/Dad/Sheila storyline. I guess I just don't feel like the dad is a bad guy in this whole thing while Karen comes off like a complete bitch. It was great to see Sheila stick up for her daughter and go outside, that was a nice moment of triumph.
Old 03-14-11, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

That purity thing was fucking creepy. Men don't really drag their daughters to that kind of shit, do they?
Old 03-14-11, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I know the guy running the purity ball needs to go back to Sony and DO HIS JOB!!!!!!!!

(For those of you who don't know what this means, the guy also plays Sony Playstation God among men, Kevin Butler)
Old 03-14-11, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Meadow
All I know the guy running the purity ball needs to go back to Sony and DO HIS JOB!!!!!!!!

(For those of you who don't know what this means, the guy also plays Sony Playstation God among men, Kevin Butler)
It's going to be a long time before that guy can escape being Kevin Butler. All I could think of during that scene was that Sony was putting out a Purity Ball game for the PS3 that is Move compatible.
Old 03-14-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
That purity thing was fucking creepy. Men don't really drag their daughters to that kind of shit, do they?
I'm pretty sure these purity balls do exist. I'm not sure if they have to recite their sexual history, but I think they do exchange promise rings with their fathers.
Old 03-14-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another great episode. This show is still delivering.
Old 03-17-11, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 208 Posts

I really like this show a lot, but there are quite a few reasons I wouldn't rate it "great". First, William H. Macy's character Frank. Quite possibly the most unsympathetic character I've seen in years. While Macy is a fine actor, Frank brings nothing to the table and story line. His family doesn't want or need him. And given Joan Cusack's character, if makes zero sense she would let some gross dirty drunk into her house. Regardless of filling the void to cook for and have sex with. Back to the family, the oldest girl does random jobs here and there. And the two oldest boys make money by taking tests for other students or at a convenient store. How is this family surviving on that kind of income? And I'm talking rent (if the house is not paid for), electricity, water, gas, cable and groceries. For all those kids! And last, why would some privileged guy get so involved with some girl and her struggling family? Again, great cast and acting. But my points above keep this show grounded.
Old 03-26-11, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I remember Frank saying that Liam looked like his sponser (AA?). I'm not sure if that was from the first episode or just from one of the Showtime promos from when the show was starting. I wonder why there was no mention of this.
Old 03-27-11, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I remember Frank saying that Liam looked like his sponser (AA?). I'm not sure if that was from the first episode or just from one of the Showtime promos from when the show was starting. I wonder why there was no mention of this.
It was from a promo they ran before it aired.

I would guess that the promo is non-canonical since it made it appear that Frank sort of cared for his family and might be fun to be around.