Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Ringu Anthology Of Terror 4.00 at Wally

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-11, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringu Anthology Of Terror 4.00 at Wally

That's right folks, I was digging in the venerable 5.00 bin at Walmart last eve and came up with this. Figured it was dropped in like so many other titles that don't belong in there. Took it to a scanner expecting it to ring up at least 13.00. Four. Bucks. That's right. And i've heard tell of this being scored at another location, so I'm not the only one. Go check out the prices on Amazon and Ebay...

Spread the love.
Old 03-09-11, 04:33 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Ringu Anthology Of Terror 4.00 at Wally

that's Krazy Jason!
Old 03-09-11, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

bought this in 09 for the same price
Old 03-09-11, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

This set was showing up at WM for $3-$4 during the fall of '09, but I never found one. I wonder if the set you found was a random left over from that shipment. It would be cool if they started getting more Paramount/Dreamworks close-out shipments.
Old 03-09-11, 09:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
This set was showing up at WM for $3-$4 during the fall of '09, but I never found one. I wonder if the set you found was a random left over from that shipment. It would be cool if they started getting more Paramount/Dreamworks close-out shipments.
Yea, That's when I picked up my copy as well... I also wonder if it's back of if the OP just happened to find a copy left over or perhaps brought out from stock?
Old 03-09-11, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Same here. Kept looking and never found a copy. That would be great if it's been restocked and not an old leftover at a single Walmart.
Old 03-09-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

m local walmart's 5$ dump bin showed up this weekend after being gone for a couple years and ringu anthology has showed up again. so for those who missed the first wave might wanna recheck
Old 03-09-11, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up KJ.

Hitting up wallyworld tomorrow to hopefully find one. Two if I'm lucky.
Old 03-09-11, 05:06 PM

Got this over a year ago. Still haven't watched it. It was a great deal though.
Old 03-12-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I went to 3 different stores and came up empty. I hate looking for those bins by the way. Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I wish Wally went back to the cardboard shelves for these $5 DVDs. They were so much easier to go through. I hope to find this set though because its a great deal.
Old 03-12-11, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too truly despise going through these bins. If this were not such a great deal, I wouldn't even try. But I did get frustrated and only went about half way down since I figured that these were new product and wouldn't be too buried. Our WM used to have a large 4-sided shelving unit that had double rows, but was still manageable. I don't know why they opt for this ridiculous method of displaying their product. Makes the whole ordeal a big hassle and a big mess.
Old 03-12-11, 04:45 PM

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's thought of trying clean up the bin so that all or most of the DVDs are standing up. The only thing stopping me is it's too time consuming. Plus people would think I'm weird.
Old 03-12-11, 11:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to find this title at my local WM but I refuse it dig through the dump bin. If it's not laying around on top I'm out of there. My store did have an upright 4 sided $5 rack, but they did away with it to bring back a dump bin. I used to look through every title on the rack, and now I don't look at all. I can't believe that their sales are better by having these crappy dump bins.
Old 03-13-11, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Just to rub it in this was one of my best buys in 2009 but really you could do with only the first (which is one of the best horror movies ever). From there it gets odd because the sequels contradict each other (when the first sequel failed they went back to drawing board in an attempt to reboot and cash in) and the prequel is lackluster.

If you do find one watch out because the jewel case interior on this release seems easily shattered and several then had damage/floaters (but regardless for $4 it's a steal).
Old 03-13-11, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only ones worth watching are 0 and 1. The rest are forgettable.
Old 03-13-11, 07:46 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
If you do find one watch out because the jewel case interior on this release seems easily shattered and several then had damage/floaters (but regardless for $4 it's a steal).
I got mine for under $8 shipped from a seller on Amazon shortly after it started popping up at WM in '09. There were a couple floaters - but due to the design of the package, the loose discs were just laying on top of the ones still secured to the plastic tray on the opposite side. No damage.

The outer cardboard cover was pretty banged up - but if it's showing up again in those awful dump bins, I doubt the condition will be any better. Almost every DVD they sell in those things is in a beat-up eco-case.
Old 03-13-11, 10:49 PM

For those that have found this, what states have they been showing up at?
I'm here in dayton, ohio and havent found it yet.
Old 03-14-11, 07:21 AM

Here, here (hear?)(both?)) about the bins! It was odd that I found it as I don't have the patience to dig through the stupid bins anymore (plus, I find it offensive that I have to. Why can't they be on shelves for chrissakes!!). However, after having found this gem, I feel compelled to return to my elbows deep roots. Btw, I filmed the whole excursion (I initially left it behind, then returned once i checked amazon. I need an iphone!!). Anywho, i'm thinking of editing the footage together and putting it up. Will let you guys know if I do. Stupid-ass bins...

Last edited by KrazyJason; 03-14-11 at 07:23 AM. Reason: silliness
Old 03-14-11, 06:48 PM

After being to a different Walmart than the one I usually go to, I have a new appreciation for the bin at my usual Walmart. The one that's 5 minutes from my house has not just the bin, but also has $5 titles on the wire racks and 3-4 cardboard stands (although new stuff tends to go into the bin). So while the bin can be annoying to pick through, it's generally not overflowing like the other one I went to. I kept knocking crap on the floor trying to dig through it.