Old 03-07-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
The Chicago Code -- "O’Leary’s Cow" -- 3/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After a teenage boy is brutally murdered while spreading the word of his church in Chinatown, Detectives Wysocki and Evers enlist Superintendent Colvin to gain the cooperation of locals. When the unofficial mayor of Chinatown is uncooperative, Alderman Gibbons is called upon to broker a deal that accelerates the investigation. Meanwhile, Teresa's brother-in-law (guest star Rockmond Dunbar, Terriers, Prison Break) rolls the dice with a shady business deal, and Liam goes even deeper undercover.

Episode 5 of 13

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wk3zpkf6RoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-08-11, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 704 Likes on 512 Posts
Re: The Chicago Code -- "O’Leary’s Cow" -- 3/07/11

Good episode, but why didn't Wysocki have that female Chinese offer (who I thought was Afro-American) in with them as he made the guy confess to Daniel about who killed his wife and kid?

I still think the UC will be dead in a few more episodes.
Old 03-08-11, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this show can get another season because it's been getting better with each episode.
Old 03-08-11, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Pretty good self contained episode. I think the show is really hitting it's stride now. It's kind of weird that the weakest episode so far (The Pilot) was written by Shawn Ryan and episodes 2-5, which have been solid, were written by his writing staff.

at Liam. He is so fucked. Agreeing to commit arson is one thing, but now he's implicated in a murder. I honestly can't see him surviving this season.

That was so wrong of Teresa's sister to say she can no longer see her niece and nephew because she refused to cover up her brother-in-law's screw up.

Even though Alderman Gibbons was hardly in this episode, I did like the closing scene with his rant about Chairman Lau and his association with him. Pretty chilling. Gibbons is really turning out to be a great villain.

I hope Caleb doesn't give up on that cute nurse.
Old 03-08-11, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Several more public meetings with the undercover guy......riiiiiigghht....
Old 03-08-11, 08:32 AM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Not as good as last week's episode, but still pretty solid. I actually liked Colvin this episode (first time that's happened). Perhaps she's growing on me...
Old 03-08-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Good episode. I kinda wish they cut to commercial after the dead body was pulled out of the fire. The emotional impact from that scene was quite powerful and I didn't like the jump to the next scene in the superintendent's office.

I wish we could see more scenes with the undercover.
Old 03-08-11, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a good chuckle at the moniker "Chairman Lau". I guess I'm easily amused.

Really good episode. Wysocki's speech to Liam at the end was pretty brutal. I agree that he won't see a good end.

I've changed my mind on the theme song, I really like it now.
Old 03-08-11, 12:38 PM

^ Same here on the theme song. At first listen, I didn't like it at all. Now, I'll actually watch the opening credits (instead of skipping past it on my DVR).
Old 03-08-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the way the show is shot.
I love the characters. Lindo is just so awesome. And Chinese guy from Lost!
I love the plots.
It's sooo good to see a show not shot in LA or NY
Old 03-08-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn Ryan "arrested" by the FBI:

Visitors at the Beverly Glen Deli in Los Angeles today were surprised when an FBI agent walked in and handcuffed a patron eating lunch there. Turns out it was White Collar star Tim DeKay in an FBI uniform fake arresting The Shield and The Chicago Code creator Shawn Ryan assisted by the show's writers PA Chris Masi, also in FBI gear. It was part of an ongoing Twitter war between Ryan and White Collar creator Jeff Eastin. The two started trading insults via the micro-blogging service early this year, with the feud moving to another level on Super Bowl Sunday when Ryan broke into Eastin's office and took a picture of himself at Eastin's desk. During White Collar's panel at the PaleyFest last night, Eastin alluded to a big practical joke against Ryan coming in retaliation for the break-in. As for today's arrest, "most of the restaurant thought it was real," one witness said. "It was funny." According to onlookers, Ryan was having lunch with David Madden, who probably served as bait as he is president of Fox TV Studios, the company that produced The Shield and is also producing White Collar. The writers for the USA series greeted Ryan outside the restaurant, and they also brought along TMZ cameras to commemorate the event.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/vide...rested-by-fbi/
Old 03-08-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

it'll be great if the next article is tim dekay getting arrested for real for impersonating a federal agent
Old 03-09-11, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk God

I saw that video. The whole back and forth thing with Ryan and Jeff Eastin on Twitter is so fucking stupid.
Old 03-09-11, 06:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geofferson
^ Same here on the theme song. At first listen, I didn't like it at all. Now, I'll actually watch the opening credits (instead of skipping past it on my DVR).
It's in the same style as THE SOPRANOS opening song. So it takes a while to get used to.
Old 03-09-11, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I saw that video. The whole back and forth thing with Ryan and Jeff Eastin on Twitter is so fucking stupid.
It's for charity and I'm finding it somewhat amusing.

Anyone know who played Natalie, the medical professional that Caleb tries to ask out on a date? IMDB and the show's official page doesn't list her either.

It was weird seeing Rockmond Dunbar not wearing a suit and having a e-cigarette hanging out of his mouth like on Terriers.

The parking garage guy's name was Nick Andopolis. When I heard this, I wondered if it was a Freaks and Geeks reference. Sure enough, after watching the show, I found out that one of the producers of this show was a producer on Freaks and Geeks. I wonder how many people caught that?
Old 03-09-11, 10:15 AM

The Chicago Code on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... ... Chicago Politician / ... (5 episodes, 2011). Amanda Marie Fausher ... Nurse (5 episodes, 2011) ...
Old 03-09-11, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

^ Nope, Jill Latiano played Natalie.

She was also on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Caylee, the pharmacist Dennis used to demonstrate his awesome D.E.N.N.I.S system
Old 03-09-11, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gunde
^ Nope, Jill Latiano played Natalie.

She was also on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Caylee, the pharmacist Dennis used to demonstrate his awesome D.E.N.N.I.S system
She's also married to Dennis -- photos from their wedding.
Old 03-12-11, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just watched this episode and thought it was the best yet. I wonder where the body was that Liam didn't notice it? Feel bad for the guy, since Wysocki sort of pressured him into it, although I'm surprised he hasn't engaged in some crimes by now. Oh well, at least arson/murder should help him get in better with the mob, and I like how Wysocki told him to use the fact that they made him a killer against the mob.

Liked Colvins as well this episode, and it was great to see her do the right thing even when it meant losing her family. Seriously though, she looked nothing at all like her "sister."

Gibbons at the end was great.

---

On another note, thanks for posting those wedding photos Geofferson. I saw Rickety Cricket sitting next to someone that looked like Emily Deschanel, so I checked and apparently it is Deschanel and they're married. Had no idea. It's funny seeing most of the cast from It's Always Sunny at the wedding.
Old 03-12-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom

I've changed my mind on the theme song, I really like it now.

I like the theme they use to foreshadow the arrival of a big event (chase, shootout, etc). Hard to explain, but it's quite subtle and done very well.