Old 03-07-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
House -- "Bombshells" -- 3/07/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-02-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Tension reaches new heights when Cuddy faces sobering news that propels her to reevaluate her priorities. While House is distracted by his concern for Cuddy's well-being, the team treats a teenage patient whose worsening symptoms and suspicious body scars indicate more than just physical illness. Sensing the teen's troubled emotional and mental state, Taub turns to the patient's personal life for clues and uncovers disturbing home videos that could put the lives of his peers in danger. Meanwhile, Cuddy remains hopeful that House will be fully present when she needs him most, and a series of dreams, including a musical scene choreographed by Mia Michaels, provide glimpses into her life and her relationship with House.

Episode 15 of 23

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DQbU0ft3Ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one looks unique. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-07-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 494 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: House -- "Bombshells" -- 3/07/11

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jXYOBvuYvyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NU9PjJaFYAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0AIgVe9cCgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Max Bottomtime; 03-08-11 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-07-11, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Good thing I brought my ax-cane"
Old 03-07-11, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was an excellent very-special-episode-of-House.
Old 03-08-11, 12:19 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Meh.
Old 03-08-11, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Meh? I thought it was a great episode as well. Nice touch of humor with all the dream sequences (although the song/dance number went a little too long) and they're doing some great stuff with House/Cuddy that I really thought would suck when they got together.
Old 03-08-11, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Excellent episode. Very creative, funny and dark. It wouldn't surprise me if this episode gets an Emmy Nomination.

I thought the dream sequences were great. at the 2 1/2 Men and Walking Dead sequences. I also liked the song and dance sequence near the end with Laurie and Edelstein actually singing.

House: If you don't make it, I promise not to sleep with anyone for at least a month.
Cuddy: Make it 2
House: Bitch

I think the main points of the episode was Cuddy facing her own mortality and coming to terms whether or not her relationship with House actually works in the long run. The final scene where she broke up with him because of his continued Vicodin addiction was really poignant.

Last edited by DJariya; 03-08-11 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-08-11, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Chew
"Good thing I brought my ax-cane"
That was a great line.
Old 03-08-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Best musical-medical number since All That Jazz ......
Old 03-08-11, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing episode, loved the ax-cane, and then the shotgun mods, hahahaha...
Old 03-08-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Amazing episode, loved the ax-cane, and then the shotgun mods, hahahaha...
Did you notice also the big "H" on the bottom of the cane?

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. I'm glad there are 7 more remaining since that will likely mean less of a huge spring hiatus.

Oh yeah, and one of the
Spoiler:
stars returns before the end of the season. I read that Olivia Wilde was on set yesterday on Facebook to film the last episodes of this season.
Old 03-08-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts

"You have nice skin."
"Thank you...shut up."

I just got a kick out of Edelstein's delivery on that.
Old 03-08-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought it was great. The ax cane line
Old 03-08-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was just sad for Huddy at the end, otherwise, a fun look inside the minds of House and Cuddy.
Old 03-08-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

I'll give it points for revealing Taub is a fan of classic Doctor Who.
Old 03-08-11, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by windom
I'll give it points for revealing Taub is a fan of classic Doctor Who.
I loved that line, but the universe would've exploded if he said Black Adder instead.
Old 03-08-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The final scene where she broke up with him because of his continued Vicodin addiction was really poignant.
Small clarification... she didn't break up with him because he's an addict, or even because he took the pills, but because of why he needed to take the pills. House needed Vicodin to even cope with the prospect of being there for someone else. Cuddy was going through a threat to her life, and the man in her life didn't want to share that with her. That's why she broke up with him.
Old 03-09-11, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MikahC
Cuddy was going through a threat to her life, and the man in her life didn't want to share that with her. That's why she broke up with him.
OR was it that she realized he was incapable of handling truly complicated/heavy emotions without resorting to drugs? It isn't that House didn't WANT to share more than he was unable to hold himself together and be strong for her when he was needed without drugs. Cuddy is actually trying to do what is best for both of them. If House doesn't learn to cope with his emotional turmoils without resorting to drug abuse, then Cuddy has to eliminate herself as a source of those turmoils so he can learn to do so. That is addiction 101. House needs a N.A. "sponsor".

Needless to say, that whole argument alone gives the writers at least a season's worth of personal conflict for House!
Old 03-09-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Except for the zombie sequence, I didnt enjoy the dream sequences.
Old 03-09-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
OR was it that she realized he was incapable of handling truly complicated/heavy emotions without resorting to drugs?
That was certainly in there, though I'd change the wording slightly to "...realized complicated/heavy emotions are a trigger for House." On some level escaping is handling, but not really.

There's evidence to support both our takes, and I'm not sure they're mutually exclusive. But based on the dialogue, I felt Cuddy made a decision for Cuddy.

Cuddy: You'll choose yourself over everybody else, over and over again, because that's just who you are.

She says that while explaining to House that his bad behaviors (drugs, sarcasm, keeping people at arms length, etc.) are to avoid anyone hurting him. But if you care about someone else, you can be hurt. You have to embrace that reality, not avoid it. Cost of doing business. But House would always choose to avoid it.

It isn't that House didn't WANT to share more than he was unable to hold himself together and be strong for her when he was needed without drugs.
If it weren't drugs, it would be something else. House wants the fun, not the daily grind. He's not ready.

Cuddy is actually trying to do what is best for both of them.
Not this time. This time, Cuddy is doing what's best for Cuddy (as she should).

If House doesn't learn to cope with his emotional turmoils without resorting to drug abuse, then Cuddy has to eliminate herself as a source of those turmoils so he can learn to do so. That is addiction 101. House needs a N.A. "sponsor".
This is where I say there's truth in your take. Based on the dialogue, I don't think it was the basis for Cuddy's decision, but a component.

Needless to say, that whole argument alone gives the writers at least a season's worth of personal conflict for House!
And that's why we keep coming back. Or at least me. An entertaining, funny, thoughtful show for adults.